SAU Community

Top RB20 Club... do you have over 260rwkw?

• 2 weeks later...

Posting for a friend :P

RB20 - Maybe RB24 (Not Confirmed)

CAMS - 272/272 (Not Confirmed)

TURBO - HKS TO4ZR

ECU - Remapped Factory ECU (Not by me unfortunately)

POWER - 367rwkw

We had to limit the boost to 23 psi as the std ignition system was breaking down and loosing spark. The 367rwkw was run with slight misfire, confident of more with better spark...

Anyway, pictures tell a thousand words...

post-179-1206695534_thumb.jpg

Well it was definitely missing... lol...

Tried running 25 psi and it was making a lot more as it came onto boost, but the mis was too bad to continue...

Edited by Dr_Drift

Apparently it's run a 10.6 @ 137 MPH in Aus already...

Holy crap, is it possible to get us any more details on the motor?

Do you know if their's any head work done to the motor? Or perhaps the lift on the cams? What sort of exhaust/inlet manifolds?

Very impressive, great work!

-Max

Well it was definitely missing... lol...

Tried running 25 psi and it was making a lot more as it came onto boost, but the mis was too bad to continue...

Kind of off topic but.. :blink:

Have you had that flat top end previously without the audible/noticeable miss?

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Rb...35#entry3667635

Bloke runs on the same dyno as I and we have nfi what the problem is. Suspected cam ramp rate maybe a tad steep not really sure.

Holy crap, is it possible to get us any more details on the motor?

Do you know if their's any head work done to the motor? Or perhaps the lift on the cams? What sort of exhaust/inlet manifolds?

Very impressive, great work!

-Max

Details sketchy at best.... Has a Stillway plaque on the Plenum. Standard Inlet Plenum, looks like a full HKS TO4R (Not ZR lol) turbo kit, so HKS high mount S/S exh man. I would suggest extensive head work has been done. By the looks of it the Inlet Cam is around 7 deg Advanced, can't see the exhaust cam timing...

Also, HKS lists a T04S, T04R, and T04Z on their website. What kind of turbo is yours?

Correct, was just relaying information, but I've seen the tag with my own eyes now and it's 100% HKS TO4R!

Typical Jap handi work - Looks like a dogs breakfast!!

post-179-1206970298_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dr_Drift

From Nissan Silvia

Hey all

Micheal and the boys at Turbotune here in Adelaide have recently finished playing with an RB20....

this is how it turned out!!!!

SPECS:

Std capacity R32 RB20det

Std original pistons

Std rods and crankshaft

New rings and bearings

Metal Head gasket

Std RB20det camshafts

Ebay adjustable cam pulleys

Std head

Shimmed Std Valve Springs for extra seat pressure

GTR inlet plenum dodgily welded onto rb20det inlet runners (none of the runners line up, it's awesome)

850cc injectors

Fuel pressure regulator

Ebay 100mm throttle body

Splitfire coilpacks

Ebay Stainless highmount manifold

Ebay External wastegate

Monza 600x300x76 fmic

T04Z turbo

Remapped Std ECU

370rwkw

Limited by cams, traction and stupid tall diff ratio. Hits dyno maxspeed, power still climbing

373rwkwRB20turbotune.jpg

crazy stuff... the dyno only has a 2 bar map sensor so they think the boost was going up to around 35psi!!

EDIT: Tuned by the one and only Jeff from The Speed Lab!!!!

EDIT::: as people dont understand!!!

I think you guys have taking this the wrong way lol

this car is not a customers car its not a car they drive on the road/track or anything it was made just for and only for the dyno!!!!

The motor was built after hours for a laugh just to see what they could make out of a standard RB20..

It didnt matter if it was laggy or cheap or if it blew up.... they didnt care...

It was made out of spare parts lol

Cheap and easy.... just to see what they could do with a standard motor and a remapped ECU!!!

It is turbotunes car that they made for the hell of it!!! And no... it wont last long..... its running 35psi lol....

I thought it was a bloody good job lol.... Its handled around 40 to 50 dyno runs over 320rwkw’s so far!!!

Dont mess with the strength of an RB20

FARK man i remember when 300 was an unobtainable number for a 20... geez wonder what 370 plus at reaers out of a 2L would be like to drive.?

Roy i wonder if you know what the rev limit was set at to make that power. I assume dyno pull was in 4TH gear jus cant recall what 200kph in 4th equates to engine revs?? (half pissed. Gotta love the sphincter of the universe and coke )lol