SAU Community

Top RB20 Club... do you have over 260rwkw?

From Nissan Silvia

Hey all

Micheal and the boys at Turbotune here in Adelaide have recently finished playing with an RB20....

this is how it turned out!!!!

SPECS:

Std capacity R32 RB20det

Std original pistons

Std rods and crankshaft

New rings and bearings

Metal Head gasket

Std RB20det camshafts

Ebay adjustable cam pulleys

Std head

Shimmed Std Valve Springs for extra seat pressure

GTR inlet plenum dodgily welded onto rb20det inlet runners (none of the runners line up, it's awesome)

850cc injectors

Fuel pressure regulator

Ebay 100mm throttle body

Splitfire coilpacks

Ebay Stainless highmount manifold

Ebay External wastegate

Monza 600x300x76 fmic

T04Z turbo

Remapped Std ECU

370rwkw

Limited by cams, traction and stupid tall diff ratio. Hits dyno maxspeed, power still climbing

373rwkwRB20turbotune.jpg

crazy stuff... the dyno only has a 2 bar map sensor so they think the boost was going up to around 35psi!!

EDIT: Tuned by the one and only Jeff from The Speed Lab!!!!

EDIT::: as people dont understand!!!

I think you guys have taking this the wrong way lol

this car is not a customers car its not a car they drive on the road/track or anything it was made just for and only for the dyno!!!!

The motor was built after hours for a laugh just to see what they could make out of a standard RB20..

It didnt matter if it was laggy or cheap or if it blew up.... they didnt care...

It was made out of spare parts lol

Cheap and easy.... just to see what they could do with a standard motor and a remapped ECU!!!

It is turbotunes car that they made for the hell of it!!! And no... it wont last long..... its running 35psi lol....

I thought it was a bloody good job lol.... Its handled around 40 to 50 dyno runs over 320rwkw’s so far!!!

Dont mess with the strength of an RB20

Wow 500hp RB20! I didn't think the rods would live over 28psi.

• 1 month later...
I have a worthy RB20 to add to the list, but i would be cheating some, my donor chassis is a 2520lbs 240sx (2700 w/me in it) hehehehe, managed a 11.07 at 128.8mph, 1.521 '60 at low boost (22psi), and from experience, I'm well over 300kw at the rear wheels

the 11.07 run, 1.521 '60: http://videos.streetfire.net/video/19672bf...99e00b51eab.htm

an earlier run 11.48 at 114mph, 1.524 '60 : http://videos.streetfire.net/video/a8b026e...98e0175d428.htm

running slicks of course, 26 X 8.5 X R15

I'll be crancking the boost some this summer with a few more mods, looking to be in the deep 10's, how low i'm curious

Sylvain

well the season started over here in Canada, went for some tunning at the track to get things going and I pulled a 10.94 on the quarter with a 1.56 60', after some little tunning, it pulled a 1.46 60', clocked an eigth mile of 6.9 at 102.8mph but 2-300 feet before the quarter trap my intercooler piping blew off bringing the strong haul to a 11.15 at 102.0mph, next visit should be a solid 10 run.

the launch: http://videos.streetfire.net/video/240sx-R...0-at_162048.htm

I see some serious power from 20's in this topic lately!!!!, good stuff!!!! can't wait to get my shit together and get a dyno graph up in here. I'm surely not close to the last one, but eh, got to proove at least the 260rwkw, hehehe.

laters guys n gals

Side

post-45733-1211416589_thumb.jpg

Edited by FastRB20

• 1 month later...

Finally had my car tuned last night....

Mods applicable are:

Trust/GReddy TD0620G-L2 8cm Pro Kit

front facing plenum

550cc sard injectors

R32 GTR PFC (D-Jetro)

Bosch 023 in tank fuel pump

FMIC

Exhaust

Blitz single plate button clutch / flywheel

Trust/Greddy Iridium plugs

Splitfire Coilpacks

1.25bar of boost 7,000 rpm redline, rev limiter at 7,200

277.1rwkw on a Dynapack Dynometer

Makes me happy in pants :)

Edit: Found the sheet already here :thumbsup:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...t&id=172954

Edited by Wheezy

• 1 month later...

I know this isnt the For Sale section, but am putting it here as i would really, really, really, really love for someone with a car that is basically well setup with a turbo setup and good tune to buy the HKS 264/8.5mm cams i am now off loading.

Was going to try and get another good baseline before / after but i have lost interest in chasing setup of my car at present. But if anyone else has the motivation to play with their RB20 a bit more...mine is parked at present :)

I know this isnt the For Sale section, but am putting it here as i would really, really, really, really love for someone with a car that is basically well setup with a turbo setup and good tune to buy the HKS 264/8.5mm cams i am now off loading.

Was going to try and get another good baseline before / after but i have lost interest in chasing setup of my car at present. But if anyone else has the motivation to play with their RB20 a bit more...mine is parked at present :ninja:

my ears are burning :) perhaps a price?

Price is negotiable based on what they are going in :/ Engine is still running fine, car isnt :dry: Has a dent that needs repairing from an acco ages ago...needs some life put back in the suspension and brakes....just getting a tidy up whilst i am busy with work.

well i broke the 260rwkw mark but im not happy with it really comes on full boost at 5500rpm

im runnin a gt30 at the moment thinkin bout down sizing

what do you guys reckon the quickest setup would be? a big turbo or a small to medium size on the rb20??

• 4 weeks later...

i've got the graph here - injectors are 100% on the pfc :/ so tweaked the FPR - i'll be upgrading injectors soon so will be good to see where its at.

It was wheel spinning on the dyno still aswell, while it was strapped and water in the boot.

still running the GT 3076r, 56 trim, with the .63 IW housing on standard manifold, standard inlet side - only mods to the head are tomei poncams and tomei cam gears (gears are both at 0 still). Boost is up to 25psi - realistically i think i'm reaching the peak of the turbo. but it's good to see some numbers. I'd like to see the max i can get with change of injectors.

Did u drive it ? How does it pull ? Where is your dyno graph?

i've got the graph here - injectors are 100% on the pfc :/ so tweaked the FPR - i'll be upgrading injectors soon so will be good to see where its at.

It was wheel spinning on the dyno still aswell, while it was strapped and water in the boot.

still running the GT 3076r, 56 trim, with the .63 IW housing on standard manifold, standard inlet side - only mods to the head are tomei poncams and tomei cam gears (gears are both at 0 still). Boost is up to 25psi - realistically i think i'm reaching the peak of the turbo. but it's good to see some numbers. I'd like to see the max i can get with change of injectors.