SAU Community

Top RB20 Club... do you have over 260rwkw?

Be interesting to see the power the thing makes at 4,000rpm and again 4,500rpm. It could be finally enough for me to remove the TD06?!?! At 25psi , 274rwkws and 0.63IW housing how is the boost curve. I imagine the back pressure muct be pretty high in the housing, what ignition is in the engine up top?

• 4 weeks later...

So after nearly 3 years off the road i finally have the new motor in the car :P

New set up is:

Rb20 with 70,000ks

TD-06 20g 10cm (want to change to 8cm but will see how we go for now) this is the full kit with manifold, 47mm gate (1bar spring) etc

HKS 264 cams

Tomei 555's

GKTech cam gears

HYBRID GT cooler

Just Jap oil cooler

Bosch 023

PFC

Tuning will be done in the next few weeks once i get a Z32 sorted and new SABER gauges fitted to keep an eye on everything and get my hands on the knock sensor im missing :( Looking to improve on the 205rwks @ 14psi with the addition of cams/injectors/Z32.

Will post up results when done :blink:

Cheers Ben

• 3 weeks later...

an update - only change was from gtr injectors to 550's - got a power run to see how it went (*note not a tune*) and it came back with this...

recorded on a brand new dyno dynamics, twin retarder dyno @ MORPOWA in SA.

**obviosuly AFR's aren't the tidiest...but as i said just to check with the injector change - i reackon it would've had more in it if time was spent tweaking the tune**

post-9092-1229080696_thumb.jpg

Edited by huddy

That was on the 2.4

Unfortunately... not going to be able to find out what it would've made with the tune... as the engine is out now (SOLD)... so one of my last posts for this thread...

will be posting in the RB30 thread if all goes to plan...(not for a while though lol)

Hey guys,

I've been following this thread for quite a while now, and I finally have the chance at cracking 260rwkw. My setup is an oil line and a cold pipe away from running. Anyway, I hope you like it.

Holset HX35 (8 blade, wastegate welded)

Turbonetics Deltagate

6 boost Fwd mount twin scroll manifold

440cc's

NewEngineBay.jpg

NewTurboandManifold.jpg

BestCarEver.jpg

Constructive criticism or complements are appreciated!

Thanks!

-Max

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a td06 20g 8cm and cant get rid of a boost spike, has a 6boost manifold, had a 38mm tial gate now has 44mm tial gate, exhaust is 3inch straight thru, has anyone else experienced this problem before, my tuner told me at the first tune the manifolds are TO GOOD so thats the reason i upgraded the gate. it boosts to 1 bar then spikes to about 1.5, was going to 2 bar before gate change. would going bigger again fix this problem?

I've got a td06 20g 8cm and cant get rid of a boost spike, has a 6boost manifold, had a 38mm tial gate now has 44mm tial gate, exhaust is 3inch straight thru, has anyone else experienced this problem before, my tuner told me at the first tune the manifolds are TO GOOD so thats the reason i upgraded the gate. it boosts to 1 bar then spikes to about 1.5, was going to 2 bar before gate change. would going bigger again fix this problem?

How big is the spring your running in the 44mm gate? if is the standard spring get a bigger one and see if that will help. And are you sure it's a real Tial? the knock offs are getting hard to tell everyday.