SAU Community

Top RB20 Club... do you have over 260rwkw?

From what i have read it the length of the pipe you have used to mount the wastegate. Shorten that section of pipe and reduce the distance between the wastegate and collector.

The manifold is too effeicent with no back pressure to open the gate...hence big boost.

that length of pipe is about 4 inchs and is as short as i can make it without it fouling and having to change where 6boost made the provision for the gate. the spot its in is inbetween the turbo an strut tower, i mite have to look into moving it to see if i can shorten the length more

Throwing a soft spring in there may help as well. I am keen to see your results as i am tempted to try a 6boost manifold with my TD06 setup/ Looking at the std Greddy manifolds they look reasonaly well designed, and they are a lot lighter. Considering i have spent lots of money on titanium exhaust, kevlar race seats, alloy bonnet etc its a shame to go and throw 6kgs back into the car. But considering the cost of a 6boost manifold it could be a decent upgrade.

Below is a knock off copy of hte Greddy manifold, looking at it the Greddy manifolds already have a pretty good collector and countoured collector, and is a 6-2-1 manifold

H10614S_4.jpg

a mate of mine was telling me a lot of the earlier 6boost manifolds did this, apparently he made an alteration which has fixed the problem and they hold the set boost with no problem now, i'd get onto the 6boost dude and just ask if it's true

Well if you have no luck and want to pass on the manifold then let me know, i will happily by the gate and manifold off you. I was tinkering with the idea of buying an OBX manifold pictured above. Its a Trust knock off and is only $400. It could be rubbish, but who knows. At least you know it will be ineffecient enough to allow easy boost control :cool:

that's some good news, hopefully she's still healthy and ready to punch out some numbers

Yes, My car was recovered!!!

Where it was dumped, the neighbors said it had been sitting there since about the date it was stolen. I guess the crackhead just wanted a ride to the next town, or perhaps he got spooked when I saw him backing out my car, and chasing him a few blocks with a club made him decide it was best to just dump the car somewhere.

Either way, God will make sure he gets whats coming to him, in the mean time, I got my baby back.. And she's in almost the same shape she was stolen in.

Holy crap am I gratefull.

Now for tuning and enjoying the fruits of my labor!

-Max

Dude, congrats to you ! its good luck man !!!

Give us the numbers ! !! RB20 screamz lol

Unfortunately I cant provide you guys with numbers yet, as my car was stolen shortly after I finished the turbo upgrade. The only thing I've had time to do is drive it and be happy I have it back, no tuning whatsoever.

The impatient lot guy at my dealership wanted to make a preview video of my new setup however.

Keep in mind, I'm not flat out in either of these clips... My wastegate pressure's set to .4 bar, boost controller turned off, and I've got a nasty misfire at around 5800 rpm.

In both clips, I'm shifting at 5500, basically just so you can hear the car. Sort of bums me out that the camera distorts when I get on the throttle, doesnt sound near as good in the video as it does in person..

Hope you enjoy it anyway...

-Max

Sounds good. I cant wait until the weekend after next when i take my car for a drive with its new titanium exhaust. Shoudl soud wild, may still need to get cams to get the real scream...lol who cares if i lose power. I just want to sound fast :)

Sounds good. I cant wait until the weekend after next when i take my car for a drive with its new titanium exhaust. Shoudl soud wild, may still need to get cams to get the real scream...lol who cares if i lose power. I just want to sound fast :(

OHHHH, juicy....Trust PE-Ti-R????

just got home from the tuner in perth. car made 305hp with 21psi boost, an about 2500lbs of torque, will get the graph scanned an video uploaded when i can. talkin to the tuner we're going to put a 7pound spring in the gate and try an control it better with a better boost controller. car ran smoothly with out any big dramas other than having to reduce plug gap more to .7mm and on the way home had my clutch master cylinder shit itself. if i had to do this setup again with the 6boost manifold i think i would start at a 50mm or bigger gate, upgrading from 38 to 44 has seen the spike drop 8pounds already so possibly going bigger would let this drop again, in saying this im in the process off trying to make up my own manifold similar in style to 6boost but made out of high grade stainless with provision for a 60mm TIAL gate in a more better position. we'll see how this turns out.

What does the TD06 kit come with? Type C or Type R? Anyone know what size the Type R gate is?

42.7mm for type R... IIRC

EDIT: The TD06 Kit can come with either, depends on which you ask for. IIRC

Type-R spring should be 0.7bar spring.