SAU Community

So who has driven one?

Roy

We see these at work often and find them very underwhelming and the Dyno backs this up but i find the XR6Ts the pick of the lot.The plastic trim is very tacky on cars of this price in both ford and holden.Gen111s do respond well to forced induction tho.

one of the guys in the HSV club (which I was a member of when I owned one) had a VS senator 5.7 with a blower on it...think it was an APS centrifugal blower and that was quick. Still weighs a heap, but with the huge increase in power the power to weight was greatly improved. Sounded awesome too with the blower whining as the car approached and the rumble of the big v8 as it was going past.

Still...I am such a fan of the turbo I wouldn't go back. Plus the look of the skyline is eternal. With the price of an R34 GTR as much (if not more...I have seen one for sale for over $200K) as the HSV GTS I would still pick the R34 anyday.

I agree with the general sentiments here, the local taxis have taken huge leaps forward in build quality, and are finally 'up there' in performance (not just talking acceleration here either). And some of them look damn horny too. That said, for the money I'll still take an R34 GTR or a modified R33 GTR thanks.

Although not that quick in stock form (I've annihilated a few now) ,the XR6Ts do respond VERY well to mods, though you'd expect that from four litres of motor with a GT35-sized (iirc) turbo that runs bugger-all boost (6psi?). TTV8 - yes please!

Value for money though, I think I'll stick with the bikes thankyou very much :P Turbo kits are getting cheap, it's just a pity they don't sell the watermelon-sized testicles required to ride them.

Cant say id take one over an R34 GTR either, but they have their place. If i needed a sedan, or like my friend cant drive clients around in a modded Skyline, whereas the GTS makes more sense as it doesnt have a loud / boomy exhaust etc etc then whay else can you buy that still goes well?

There a nice comfortable car with lots of room and a perform well for what they are.

Dont get me wrong I love my gtr but it really is alot more racier and would become a pain

to drive in traffic all day.

Although when I was younger it wouldn't have bothered me.

As for a "weekender" gtr handsdown!

just: We're talking about R34 GTRs.. I think they are very refined and comfortable cars in stock form. I would happily tour australia in an r34 gtr.. I almost bought one earlier this year, and was amazed at how refined the ride is. :)

I think we can all agree that you'd be crazy to buy a GTS over an R34.

Depends if your carrying more than two people and sitting below the speed limit

I'd tour the country in a R34 too but it would be more comfortable and practical to do in a

HSV.

Never had the pleasure of driving a R34gtr but no matter how much more refined there still

a small car interior wise.

Apples and oranges

My parents have had every series of Clubsports since the VS (dont flame me but i learnt to drive in a VT clubbie). So ive driven the new R8 VY ...... its ok for a family car - i dont know it just feels to big and heavy for me to be a true sports car .... the growl is there .... but it takes too long to get it up to speed ... i prefer the turbo boost to quicken things along. I just find them boring.

For $80K each ...... fark that i could thing of better value for money packages.

My oppinion, I dont like 2 door cars to start with, or cars with no boot... So R34 is heaps impractial. But when you compair, BRAND new car with warrenty etc, 4 doors, full nice leather interior, etc etc, to a Japanese left over with no warrenty, and if your importing yourself no test drive and all that... I know where Id rather spend my money. Having said that tho, if I pored another $75k in to the Ceffy I really dont think much would get near it on the track or anywhere.

And I find the GenIIIs have some decent top end power, such as just walking away from me at 150kmh or so, deadeven to that point.

Nizmo: You sure about that? Better value for package? Whats a better all around performance, technology and driveability package than an R34 GTR for $80k?  

Or are you talking about something else, like luxury?

:confused: Im talking about i wouldnt pay $80K for the Clubbie .... for what ive driven it wasnt worth that amount. Im sure there are far better packages for that price out there such as the R34 GTR ..... but im mainly talking about performance wise.

As for luxury wise my mum was going on about how her cars doors automatically lock when she puts it into drive .... my cars 10 years old and it does that ..... theres also a lot of other little stuff that is just popping up in the Clubbie that my Nissan has.

I just find Clubsports dont excite me in anyway - as a cruiser for picking up the kids from school yeah i guess it wouldnt be too bad.