SAU Community

Gtr Injectors Into Rb20det

Roy

I might be wrong, but i think my r32 gts-t s2 has a resistor pack on the pass side strut tower.

I am hoping to remove this and replace it with a gtr one that should arrive tomorrow. I also changed the plugs to bosch ones, they are much nicer and come on and off without the fuss of the standard ones.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be installing gtr injectors and r30 resistor pack this week before my tune on thursday and just want to make sure this is the correct way. Can anyone confirm that this pic i made is the correct wiring? :)

gtrinjwiringup5.jpg

Also, it doesn't matter which injector is wired to each wire on the resistor pack correct?

Thanks

Dont know if this is the same thread I posted in before, but Ive been running my RB20 since May with GTR injectors with the Apexi ECU and no resistor pack. Works fine. Others have run the same for years and no problems. My car was tuned at Pro Auto here in Hobart and they have done loads of cars. None of us that race them here in Tassie run resistors, one bloke had them and took them off.

3rd Place Targa B 2008

post-26265-1229218513_thumb.jpg

Edited by johnGTS-t

Dont know if this is the same thread I posted in before, but Ive been running my RB20 since May with GTR injectors with the Apexi ECU and no resistor pack. Works fine. Others have run the same for years and no problems. My car was tuned at Pro Auto here in Hobart and they have done loads of cars. None of us that race them here in Tassie run resistors, one bloke had them and took them off.

3rd Place Targa B 2008

AP Engineering power FC?

I might be wrong, but i think my r32 gts-t s2 has a resistor pack on the pass side strut tower.

I am hoping to remove this and replace it with a gtr one that should arrive tomorrow. I also changed the plugs to bosch ones, they are much nicer and come on and off without the fuss of the standard ones.

i would like to kno if this will work too, saves a lot of time with re wiring thats fo sure!!!

The resistor pack on the passenger side tower is for the fuel pump speed controller.

• 1 month later...

ok so if i put r33 gtr injectors into a rb20 and have 6 inline resistors (one for each injector)

ie dont use a resistor pack - but use jaycar or something ones instead

anyone know what which resistors i'll need?

if not i'll just measure resistance in current ones, then gtr ones and then get resistor to make up the diff?

thats the ohms - what about watts?

I strongly recommend you get your hands on a copy of the R32 GTST/GTR wiring diagram. The fact that the two engine types are on the one wiring diagram makes it very easy to suss out the wiring. You can get the diagram from rb20det.com or megalla.com

anyone have this???

edit: oooh oooh ive got the R32 engine manual pdf - which has rb20det and rb26dett

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys i had my GTR injectors cleaned and flow tested today all came up sweet, i replaced the pintl caps o rings and the other couple of rubbers require so all is good to go. does any one know where i can get the resistor pack from? im located in Adelaide the dude i bought the injectors off said that the injectors were low resistance does that mean that there are different types of gtr injectors? mine came off an r32 gtr. just curious.

can some one supply me with a picture of the ballast resistor pack and a picture of where to mount it in the standard position. id really appreciate it as i have no idea lol.

cheers guys BEN

Edited by BENDERS32

the dude i bought the injectors off said that the injectors were low resistance does that mean that there are different types of gtr injectors?

Ben - no afaik all R32 GTR injectors are the same - difference is the resistance compared to R32 GTST ones

I had mine (the GTR injectors i bought for my GTST) leak and flow tested on the weekend and put them in on the weekend

(and didn't have a resistor pack so made one)

think of it like this

R32 GTST injectors have a running resistance of ROUGHLY 12 Ohms

R32 GTR injectors have a running resistance of ROUGHLY 2 Ohms

so to make the GTR ones work in the GTST you need to add another 10 Ohm

so for each injector you add a 10 Ohm resistor

ps. sorry have no pics of said GTR resistor pack as ive never seen one and dont have one :P

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know if you can run low impedence injectors in an rb20det silver top with a microtech lt12s ecu without doing the resister pack??

is there a function in the computer to set low or high impedence???

• 1 month later...

Hey roy,

Thanks for the great tutorial. Helped heaps. Was a little confused when my resistor pack only measuered 6.7 ohms but checked it against a mates gtr pack running in his car and was the same. I can see why some people say that they have low impedance injectors without the ballast resistor. Throughout this topic it is stated that you need to make up the difference which is roughly 10 ohms. Not true..... The standard resistor pack out of a 32 gtr measures only 6.7 ohms so with the gtr injectors it only comes to roughly 9.3 ohms give or take. Elsewhere I've read that high impedance injectors run between 12 and 16 ohms which makes sense because my GTST injectors measured 14.4 ohms. I installed my resistor pack and gtr injectors two days ago then drove alll the way too sydney without a problem. Just wanted to put some figures out there so people know roughly what to expect. Any questions just PM me :(

Thanks again ROY, absolute legend for the tutorial :thumbsup: