SAU Community

Unleaded 102 Octane Street legal fuel

spx25t

I recently recieved a link from a website for ET racing Fuels www.etracingfuels.com they have released a range of unleaded race fuel that can legally be used on the Street best thing is that already in Sydney there is 1 service station that has it at a Pump and there is about 7 or 8 in the near future that will be stocking it as well flip side is that it will cost $3.85p/Litre.

Hopefully when they open it up at more service stations the price might drop a little but for a track day or something it would be good 20 Litres for just shy of $80.00.

There is no odour from the fuel when burnt so no give away odour like normal race fuel But as i mentioned it is STREET LEGAL so no need to worry about Police hassles

I will be trying about 10 Litres in the car on Saturday

The address for the Petrol Station is ET Petroleum 47 Lakemba St Belmore NSW

They tested it on a Commodore cup car it put out 199 HP and 355 pounds of torque and with ET102 it put out 215 horses and 400 punds or torque. Nothing was changed or modified with on the car between runs just different fuel. the way i was think even for $10 and maybe 2 litres it would work better than octane booster

Abit expensive for a trackday considering that most people would go thru a solid 60L's in a day ($240 in fuel, ouch!).

As you say, might be good to mix $20/mth in with 98RON just to give everything a clean/burn out in the system.

Might also be a cheap fix for drag racers after a better TS :D

Funny ! I was just having a discussion with my boss today about blending racing fuels and their costs at the moment. Said he used to blend fuel for the big petrolium concerns many years ago and still had the formulas. I said that they have to be non lead based and he said that wouldnt be a problem.Keep you guys posted

2rismo The car they tested with is a Commodore Cup Car so once the engine is built it is then Tagged shut to prevent tampering to make the racing even.

But regardless whatever you obviousley know something we dont

Changing octane level and other fuel properties alone does nothing for power output.

Timing on Commodore cup cars can be changed so my guess is, they advanced it to suiOtherwise the power gain is due to another factor they weren't prepared to divulge.

Adrian

Depending on what engine management the commodore cup car is using, it could possibly adaptively increase and decrease ignition timing according to the knock sensor.

But power gains of 16hp and 55Nm won't be realised in back to back dyno runs... The car has to be driven HARD for a while to adapt to the new higher octane fuel.

a few of us central coast boys in our skylines are going down on sunday to FILL, yes FILL our cars up with 120octane fuel, god it will be fun on the way home, r8un on low boost and see where she goes, if all good, then up comes 25ppound of boost.

rob ive got a water-air ic works well, but thinking of pumping liquid nitro through it, gotta keep those temps down.

see yall soon.