SAU Community

Fresh from Japan pics

Beer Baron

lol yeah its been in the works for the last month, its sat over there still.

waiting for de-reg papers will apply for import app when i get. should be next week.

and the wait begins.

its been the dumps since i sold the evo, i need some rb26 power. :rofl:

Will be a loong wait.

• 4 weeks later...

im in the process of importing myself a r32 1994 GTR or 93 GTR

i know that compliance is around 3-4k

but what do they actually do in SEV's complaince ? whould it be better for me to get one of the few remaing 1989 gtrsand give it a engine rebuild ?

say i get a 1989 GTR for around 16-18k (easier to compliance )

or a 1993 GTR for 22k -24k

I know SEV's require no accident damage cars and all mods have to be returned back to stock car. do i have to pay for all the parts to be returned back to stock or is that included in the compliace ? or course im not going get a highly modifed GTR

with massive turbos injectors pump coolers....etc im looking for a stock ish 32 gtr

wat acutally does my 3-4k compliance pay for ?

wat would be more worth it ?

Use SEVS. The later model car will be in better shape all 'round. As you're looking for a stockish car, that won't be a problem, just finding a RAWS will be the biggest hassle...

Pretty much everything is shagged on an 89 model. Bushes, motors, turbos, hoses, rotors/pads, fluids, etc. I'm just passing on the 1989 perspective. Perhaps make a post in the Skyline specific discussion folder and get some 93/94 guys to share what their cars are like.

There is most likely more late-model cars available for you to choose from as Aust and Canada have sucked up most of the 89 models. Any decent 89's would have long gone from Japan IMO.

My 2.2c,

Mark

just finding a RAWS will be the biggest hassle...

what do you mean buy finding RAWS never heard of it cause im not very familiar with the sevs system. i have imported under 15 year rule and that was an easy process not sure how SEVS is going to go...

RAWS stands for Registered Automotive Workshop Scheme (iirc). The RAWS are the guys that use SEVS to import a vehicle on your behalf. They will liaise with DOTARS, arrange for import approval. The vehicle will be sent directly to their workshop and returned to stock/standard and complied before you are allowed to drive it anywhere. Any performance parts are to be destroyed (not resold/refitted) and this is in legislation. We all know plenty of guys take the upgrade parts off, have the engineer look over the car/just in case the DOTARS rep chooses to inspect that particular vehicle, and then replace the parts. It's a stupid rule.

With respect, you need to have a good look over the DOTARS import web pages, and also check out the import folder here, there is LOTS of great info and knowledgable (sp?) guys around to assist. Guys with R33/R34 would be the best guys to talk to for SEVS/RAWS info.

Afaik, there are only a few RAWS endorsed by DOTARS atm. The process takes anywhere up to 2 years for some workshops. Until recently, the only R32 RAWS was a dealership in Brisbane that only complied cars that were going onto their showroom/yard.

Hope that helps, and if anyone out there has a different take/better info, feel free to correct,

Cheers

Mark

Ok guys, In the driveway all cleaned up. :)

Came with quite a few goodies such as a 100mm aftermarket FMIC, HKS FCON V ECU, Tein Coilovers, HKS intercooler piping and HID headlight conversion just to name a few.

Here's a couple photo's..

pb2000181fk.jpg

HID goodness

pb2000010ik.jpg

Interesting paint!

pb2000323xh.jpg

Clutch is absolutely ****ed! :|

Best i've got so far is sitting in the driveway giving it some revs. Engine runs very clean, idles great and has no smoke.

New twin plate coming soon though...