SAU Community

Fresh from Japan pics

Beer Baron

alright, well i inspected my car at compliance shop(cbf doing it myself).

mm, yeh engine isnt 100%, but we will see what the problem is tomorow when i go back up..

the clutch feels like prolly a twinplate. might be triple, but not worried either way,

for some reason the gearbox feels really tight, as if maybe upgraded selectors? :S

enginebay_141.jpg

only remembered to take one of the body. and well yeh its filthy so i cbf postin.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

shanef; very nice, the paintwork is awesome! :) congrats

mind me asking how much that set you back? whats been modified? especially curious about the condition of the tyres

thanks mate

car cost me $16 900, paint job $2120 including the wheels, yes the rears r absolutely shot! but who cares when i paid so little

mods, 3" turbo back with what to looks like a 5"cannon and a hi flow 3" CATCO cat (curtosity of BATMBL from here), pod filter, z32 afm, wat sounds like an aftermarket fuel pump (whines like there is no tomorrow), n i've been told it has a chipped ecu, full genuine gtr bodykit, 17" volk emu rims, carbon fibre bonnet and bonnet pins

gearbox is bloody awesome, almost like its been rebuilt or the like, engine is the same, overall it was a steal, im very happy :)

Edited by shanef

thanks mate

car cost me $16 900, paint job $2120 including the wheels, yes the rears r absolutely shot! but who cares when i paid so little

mods, 3" turbo back with what to looks like a 5"cannon and a hi flow 3" CATCO cat (curtosity of BATMBL from here), pod filter, z32 afm, wat sounds like an aftermarket fuel pump (whines like there is no tomorrow), n i've been told it has a chipped ecu, full genuine gtr bodykit, 17" volk emu rims, carbon fibre bonnet and bonnet pins

gearbox is bloody awesome, almost like its been rebuilt or the like, engine is the same, overall it was a steal, im very happy :)

who'd you import that through mate?

im still trying to decide wether or not to import or buy here...but having a lot of trouble finding what i want over here...

if you could pick that car up for $17000 with all that kit n stuff, then i should be able to get a decent R33 S2 for a good price without the GTR kit etc....

how many k's has that done? what kind of condition is it in overall, ie does it need much done

madwob, its a sII aswell

i imported through Allblitz and mainy dealt with husnu, very helpful guy and he is an enthuisiest so he isnt all about gettin the busniess, if u know wat i mean.

Its got 103 XXXkm on the clock, but as i said, the box feels really nice, clutch almost new, only things i ned to fix is that there is a leak in one of the air con hoses, the rotars need to be machined (have got a film of rust) pads need replaced, and the HID lights need to checked caus there is a little wireing problem with them.

Other than that theres nothing wrong with it wat so ever, i'd recommend if u were going to import go have a chat with Hus or Feridun (hus is in sydney n feridun is in melbourne)

As with every import theres always some performance mod that the japan owner has done that u wont know about, in my case it was a chipped ecu :)

Oh and i forgot to add, its got Tein HA Coilovers.

madwob, its a sII aswell

i imported through Allblitz and mainy dealt with husnu, very helpful guy and he is an enthuisiest so he isnt all about gettin the busniess, if u know wat i mean.

Its got 103 XXXkm on the clock, but as i said, the box feels really nice, clutch almost new, only things i ned to fix is that there is a leak in one of the air con hoses, the rotars need to be machined (have got a film of rust) pads need replaced, and the HID lights need to checked caus there is a little wireing problem with them.

Other than that theres nothing wrong with it wat so ever, i'd recommend if u were going to import go have a chat with Hus or Feridun (hus is in sydney n feridun is in melbourne)

As with every import theres always some performance mod that the japan owner has done that u wont know about, in my case it was a chipped ecu :)

Oh and i forgot to add, its got Tein HA Coilovers.

thanks for the reply mate...can you PM me with some details on what it cost you initially to go through allblitz please?

ive been looking into j-spec for an import, simply because there seems to be a SEVERE lack of series 2 GTS-T's, in black in particular, with half decent k's etc....which is what im after

can ne one plz tell me if a import a silvia s15 form New Zealand will i have to comply it.

also does it have to be completely stock?

here is the pic of the car

the pic of the car is on the attachment.

Any car not in Australia has to be complianced. New Zealand is outside Australia just like Japan... same rules, no exceptions. Stock S15 from 12/1999 to 08/2000 and they have to be Spec R's. You're better off importing straight from Japan, otherwise you'll be paying taxes and duty in New Zealand and in Australia.

I don't know who's been running around telling people about this "New Zealand loophole" but a lot of guys on nissansilvia seem to believe in this myth. If I catch the guy that started it, I will administer such a hard slappage that he'll be telling his grandchildren about it.

Any car not in Australia has to be complianced. New Zealand is outside Australia just like Japan... same rules, no exceptions. Stock S15 from 12/1999 to 08/2000 and they have to be Spec R's. You're better off importing straight from Japan, otherwise you'll be paying taxes and duty in New Zealand and in Australia.

I don't know who's been running around telling people about this "New Zealand loophole" but a lot of guys on nissansilvia seem to believe in this myth. If I catch the guy that started it, I will administer such a hard slappage that he'll be telling his grandchildren about it.

when u buy an import like through j-spec etc...you have to pay like stamp duty and transfer fees like when you buy from a private seller in australia?

is there any way to minimise that cost like u can do with a private sale here if the seller is nice

dunno bout other importers, I can only speak about how J-spec works, but we only make $1000 on each car we bring in, and the rest is at cost (and you get the reciepts/invoices for it all), so there's not really anywhere to cost cut to "make the deal sweeter" like at a dealer. We do everything by the book too, no tax evasion.

As for stamp duty and transfer fees, as you own the car from the moment its bought in japan (ie j-spec dosen't buy the car and sell it to you) you don't have to pay transfer fees. Most cars that are being registered for the first time in australia don't get transfer fees on em. Stamp duty in VIC is charged at $8 for every $200 of the value of the car that you tell em.

Anyways, feel free to email [email protected] as this is off topic.