Sk0pe

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me who is the person to contact from shannons on here my car arrives in 2 weeks and i want to insure it very shortly have sent pm's to boosted and gtr soul who i was told were the guys to talk to but have had no reply in over a fortnight

any help much appreciated

this is the guy to contact _8OO5TED_, his real name is Matt...send him an email maybe instead of a pm and ask him to ring ya....he is really good!

Brett and I are both insured with them...being under 25 i was thinking i would have to pay sh!tloads but in the end he was hundred and hundreds of dollars cheaper (even 1000 cheaper than another company)

Hopefully that helps!

this is the guy to contact _8OO5TED_, his real name is Matt...send him an email maybe instead of a pm and ask him to ring ya....he is really good!

Brett and I are both insured with them...being under 25 i was thinking i would have to pay sh!tloads but in the end he was hundred and hundreds of dollars cheaper (even 1000 cheaper than another company)

Hopefully that helps!

yea tried contacted him for a few weeks now he seemed to have goe MIA. I h ave a few cars to get him to indure them for me

Yeah he doesnt do that role anymore within Shannon's but can still help you out, but I dont know if he accesses SAu during the day?

He did me a great deal too, several hundred cheaper then what i was on and pay by the month at no extra charge!

Well with my insurance(through shannons) im only 22 only had my license a little while and i only paid $1100 and it has some extras like turbo timer, rims and aftermarket suspension, that they insured for me and its insured for $20k..figure thats a good deal

does anyone know of an insurer that will insure for agreed value, but only third party property/fire and theft?

i don't need comprehensive, i just don't want to lose $20k if it gets stolen..

Just Cars doit. Its part of AAMI. Shannons dont. :laugh::)

has anyone got his email addy so i can email him about insuring my cars?

cheers

Brad

Just go to view his profile and send an email from there instead of a pm...did that a couple of days ago for Brett and pretty much rang back straight away

Hope that helps

have you read the aami pds?

I have a background in insurance I work as an underwriter for one of the more well known home and contents insurers and reading through other insurance companies policies is something i do quite reguarly so when I go to get car insurance I am very picky.

Having read both AAMI's Home and Car and also Just cars product disclosure statments and comparing them to others I can honestly say that I would be very careful insuring with them and when it comes to home and contents I would defiantely insure elsewhere

The insurer whom I work for is not the cheapest but has a good product and we get a lot of people who change to AAMI due to their low prices and after the first claim they come straight back to us they find that they are not covered as comprehensively as they first thought. They just assumed as most people do that all insurance policies are the same. This is one of the biggest reasons for complaints to the insurance ombudsmen that people think they are covered for something when they arent. They normally get told that they should have read their PDS.

I would be interested in hearing what makes you think that Just Cars (AAMi) is so much better than all the other insurers.

I am not endorsing Shannons either as I have not yet had a quote or a chance to read their PDS it is printing at the moment and I will have a gander

Edited by mcnamg

• 1 year later...

21 yr ... south east melbourn ... full comp .. rating 3 $1450 (JUST CAR INSURANCE)value i paid for car was 15,500 series 2 white full option leather woodgrain twin sunroof ... $1450 is also covering turbo timer and r34 gtt rims .. need a new quote for front mounth and fold out dvd . RAVC quoted me over the phone .... $4580!!!! *passes out*

I just paid my premium today with JUst Cars Insurance, was pretty much the only ones that would insure me, (i was under the belief shannons didnt insure people under 25.... at least thats what their site said) but yeah for a Series 2 RS4 manual with a cat back exhaust (covered) they quoted me 1451 full comp. however i needed a cover note to drive it back from newcastle (to cairns) and so it went up to 1491... oh well gave me peace of mind driving back up the coast anyways. and oh yeah Im 21 with a claim against me in the last year and open licence and no disqualifications or suspensions...

Bradd

I just paid my premium today with JUst Cars Insurance, was pretty much the only ones that would insure me, (i was under the belief shannons didnt insure people under 25.... at least thats what their site said) but yeah for a Series 2 RS4 manual with a cat back exhaust (covered) they quoted me 1451 full comp. however i needed a cover note to drive it back from newcastle (to cairns) and so it went up to 1491... oh well gave me peace of mind driving back up the coast anyways. and oh yeah Im 21 with a claim against me in the last year and open licence and no disqualifications or suspensions...

Bradd

i asked them about a cover note and they just said to me .. as soon as u pay the upfront payment .. your covered ... so i rang the seller and got the details from him .. VIN and CHASSIS # ... and it was done .. cause the guy from just car's was straight up and said its pointless and he cant be botherd doing extra paper work lol