SAU Community

Who are you insured thru?

Sk0pe

lumley special vehicles

covered for 12k

turbo back 3" only have to pay more when i start adding bigger turbos etc.

$587 per year $500 excess

full salvage rights/glass

26yr old no crashes

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lumley special vehicles

covered for 12k

turbo back 3" only have to pay more when i start adding bigger turbos etc.

$587 per year $500 excess

full salvage rights/glass

26yr old no crashes

in perth insured through HBF Car. $1114 for $15k unmodded.

Just Car Insurance

$1150 premium

$600 excess

26 years old - perfect driving record

All Mods (which reminds me to add another one on there)

agreed value $20k

rating 1

not bad for my first car and first insurance

Edited by BigDirtyJase

does anyone know of an insurer that will insure for agreed value, but only third party property/fire and theft?

i don't need comprehensive, i just don't want to lose $20k if it gets stolen..

just cars dont do it anymore. anyone that thinks they do better check thier policy. i just got my renewal notice only to find they only cover up to $10k on fire and theft. if u want more cover u have to go full comp. i called them and one of their ppl told me it had been that way as long as he had worked there (2005). which was a surprise to me because ive only ever had fire and theft cover and i always asked for agreed value. so make sure u read ur PDS every time they send u one. cos they dont tell u about changes to cover, they just send u a new PDS and if u dont read it u could be in for a shock.

• 3 weeks later...

ok got insurance coming up... payed $3300ish last time with just cars and dont feel like being bent over and taken from behind like that again.

who do people suggest?

im 20, full licence, one minor claim about 18 months ago, S2 RS4s, a few mods and will have wheels and suspension within the year. jci want $2600ish this time round.

D.

• 4 months later...

Just cars... $1133

C34 Series 2 Stagea RS4-S insured for $19500 in Melbourne. 26, rating 1, not claims, fines or lost licences ever.

Lumley was over $1250 and didn't get back to me with a quote for over a week and a half.

Shannons was $1385. Once again no-one can match just cars's price for me.

The agreed value on mine has dropped since it was first insured in '04 (see page 1 of this thread). The premium is now about $600, value is now about $14k (which is still a good price for an S1 with 110k on the clock). I'm 32 on rating 1 and get the multi-car discount with Shannons (we have the Z, 1200 ute, Skyline, house & contents insured through them - gotta love the enthusiast cover for parts/tools).

im with a mob called dga. there a 4wd only insurer so stageas are covered. have to be over 25 though. i chose the under 10,000 kms a year policy and paying $540 a year with an agreed value of 18 grand and a $200 excess. the policy is unlimited mods glass break etc. i think the over 10k policy was 780ish

• 4 years later...

I just called Shannons for a quote to insure a stock '05 pnm35

I'm over 30, rating 1, never had an infringement or accident of any sort. have a secure lock up garage etc

$1412.77 pa with a $550 excess

$117 per month, does that seem a little high to anyone else?

I like the free windscreen/glass cover but that still seems high, I thought there were meant to be benefits to getting old.

I would rather the better policy than the cost savings if I had to choose.

Who did I speak to? I rang the hotline, pressed 1 and got some guy... I want to say his name was... Brent or Brett, however that doesn't sound right at all. :P