SAU Community

FREIGHT F.A.Q AND RECOMMENDATIONS

Good thread, was thinking of starting one myself.

Am in the process of trying to send a wing over east to someone off the forums. Made a booking with "Ezysend" last week. they have a system where you book online and a courier is automatically dispatched to pick it up the next day and it gets delivered to the door of the recipient.

Well I made a booking last thursday .....and its still sitting here!  

They debited my card on monday and have been bullsh!tting me since. you cant call them, only email. each day they promise someone would turn up, then they promised they would call me and didnt.

Well, Ezysend said they would refund the money for the failed delivery but it would take the bank 28 days to process (yeah right). Anyway, been over 2 months now so I ain't getting it back.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I mostly use bus freight and TNT

Bus freight get the job down but its the little things which make it expensive.

TNT on the other hand... Well i had bought a front bar from sydney was suppose to take 3 days to be sent to melbourne... things got lost paperwork went missing etc. In the end it took 3 1/2 weeks and even then when i recieved it, was cracked in 4 different places i never signed for it they forged the signature when i recieved it i said it was stolen... coz the guy who sold it to me said it came str8 out of the mold no cracks its been 6 weeks from when i recieved my first front bar and they cant seem 2 keep there word or reputation.

• 1 month later...
I mostly use bus freight and TNT

Bus freight get the job down but its the little things which make it expensive.

TNT on the other hand... Well i had bought a front bar from sydney was suppose to take 3 days to be sent to melbourne... things got lost paperwork went missing etc. In the end it took 3 1/2 weeks and even then when i recieved it, was cracked in 4 different places i never signed for it they forged the signature when i recieved it i said it was stolen... coz the guy who sold it to me said it came str8 out of the mold no cracks its been 6 weeks from when i recieved my first front bar and they cant seem 2 keep there word or reputation.

I just got a Type M front bar courierd from Adelaide to melbourne and after looking at this section i went with Air Road direct. Cant speak highly of them. The bar was just bubble wrapped and taped and it got to me as if it was never moved. they picked it up yesterday and i got it today. So over night delivery and no waiting around. The price was 130 and some may say thats expensive but at least i got the goods in one peice (whats the point spending 300-400 bucks on a front bar and then by trying to save a few bucks get the item 1/2 broken?) i thought 130 was very resonable and they have a excelent reputation and a hassel free online booking system where you dont even need a account! I just emailed them to say thanks on a great job cos i was a bit worried about it getting to me 1. ontime and 2. more importantly in one peice. Wouldnt even bother looking around next time, i highly reccomend them! Also a quick thanks to John who did a gr8 job in bubble wrapping the bar!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have used bus freight before and i have had no problems. I sent shocks, to melb and the buyer never reported any damage or anything. Obviosuly i did package it well..

Anyways i might have to send a rear bar to melb..

Would anyone know how to package it up??

This is gonna be a hassle since its so big and odd shape.

As anyone done this b4??

Please pm the details?

Guys,

I freight around the country a few times a week and had to put up with all the annoying things said above. Then I came across these guys:

www.airroaddirect.com.au

and haven't looked back! Prices are very competitive, service is second to none. I honestly have never had one single issue or thing go wrong using these guys.

1. You can book over the phone or online (it's free to register! Booking and paying online saves you $20 - this really makes the prices cheap) - the more times you use them, the more of a discount you get!

2. Your freight is picked up from your doorstep and delivered to the consignee's doorstep - very convenient.

3. Delivery is quick and guaranteed. (From Sydney) to Melbourne and Brisbane is overnight, to Adelaide two days, to Perth three days. If your freight doesn't arrive by the scheduled date - your delivery is FREE!

4. After being so happy with Air Road Direct myself, I thought I would pass on the good word. But more than that, I have spoken with their sales and marketing guys and have secured an ADDITIONAL 5% DISCOUNT for SAU users and anyone else you want to pass the news onto.

All you need to do is use the following code:

J030N874

when ordering online or over the phone - simple as that! I have no other relationship with this company other than the fact I use them and am extremely happy with their service. Also, I receive no benefits from referring anyone to them.

Their minimum fee is $59 plus GST, so prices will work out very competitive on all but the smallest items. Their service is the best around.

Give them a try!

Kind Regards,

Jeff.

Well I've just made my first booking with these guys. The discount code you have there crashes their system on both IE and Firefox so I booked without.

I have a work account with Toll and was quoted $176, these guys were $101. Hopefullly it all arrives safely.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so i had a few ppl askin me how i went with the rear bar.

Basically i packed it with heaps of bubble wrap, made it nice and thick.. Taped it all up, with fragile stickers etc etc.

Went to BUS FREIGHT (grey hound busses), dropped it off at the depot on Monday.. I was thinking it would take a few days to get to melb from sydney. Buyer msgs me next day in morning and goes thanks for the rear bar mate. Im in shock!!

Took 24hrs to get to him. Which is excellent and the packaging and rear bar are still in tact.

Dont beleive me, PM NICKR33 (i think??)

So story cut short. Bus frieght is excellent. I have also sent shocks b4 to melb with no problems.

Cheers

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

no ones ever tried DHL ...

i work for them and must admit they are a lil pricey ...

but i guess thats what you get with a door to door air express service ...

if u want something to get somewhere fast and safe you cant go wrong .....

that and you dont need to be an account holder to use the company ...

13 14 06 :D

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

My brothers are trying to get up to Cairns a set of 19"rims (with tyres i think), a S15 stock front bar and S15 left and Right guards however we cant even find the guys to send it. The ones that will asks a fortune, more than what the items are worth.

The funny thing is my mate got a RbB25DET block sent up from brisbane and it cost them $150.

I've gone on to the Airroad direct site and they want $450 for the set of rims alone.

I think these guys are the only options however, i just thought someone might be able to point me to some one else. Any help would be great.

Thanks