SAU Community

All time Ultimate GTR

This would make a good poll, but what would you guys rate as the all time Ultimate GTR?

My personal vote would be for the Mine's R34 if any of you have not seen this clip, then download it now:

http://www.runeb.org/www_docs/Jexoticasite...mateskyline.avi

This part of a clip from BM where they compare the Mine's GTR with a Supra tuned by Amuse, if enough people want the full clip I will post it.

Otherwise the new Nismo Z-Tune R34 has got to be one of the best, the Calsonic GT500 GTR is a weapon, and the famous old R32 of Skaifies oh and can't forget the HKS R33

Yeah I think the top secret one might have come to Australia It was in an issue of speed. It is another Tskuba time attack car. They also have a R33 used for top speed runs. I have a dvd where smoky clocks 330+km/h on the Wangan. I think that one has 1200hp or somthing

Here's the full clip of the Mine's R34 vs the Amuse Supra:

http://www.gtrforums.com/video/skylinesupra.mpeg

Yeah the TopSecret R34 from Speed, HPI, etc was bought by a bloke who lives just outside of Campbelltown, not sure if he still has it or not. He was taking people for joy rides and putting a $100 note on the dash in front of the passenger, he told the passenger if they could lift their arm to grab the note while he was accelerating under 2nd gear they could keep the $100.

The ultimate GTR...

mclaren-f1gtr01.jpg

%5BWHEELS%5D%20-%201995%20McLaren%20F%201%20GTR%20LM%20(01).jpg

A close 2nd is ...

MCLK-GTR.jpg

Mercedes-Benz-CLK-GTR-top-1600x1200.jpg

3rd comes the Ultima GTR

Ultima-GTR-Side-Stones-1600x1200.jpg

gtr.jpg

After these animals of limited build road cars that are turn key race cars. Then you can start looking at the Nissans which are awesome road cars first, race car 2nd...you asked for the ultimate GTRs:)

Those Ultimas look pretty impressive (dont' know how liveable they would be)

but I was at work at norwest and one came up the road and around a round about pretty quickly but I doubt it was anywhere near it's limits.

Just curious how many street driven ultima GTRs are there in oz? I doubt there would be any F1 GTR or CLK GTRs in australia. but I could be wrong.

Dont like the chances of a McLaren GTR being in Aus. Even if an Aussie owned one, chances are it would be kept in a country where the roads are good enough to drive the thing on, eg any country that is not third world and is not Australia.

There are/were a number of Maclaren F1s in Aus. I don't believe any of them are GTRs though.

Scotty which 'Top Secret R34' are you talking about? I don't believe any top secret demo cars have been sold to anyone in australia. certainly not any 34 GTRs. perhaps it was a 34 GTR that was serviced at top secret? or worked on a top secret. I was at Top Secret earlier this year, and we talked a bit with them about the scene here etc and they were quite interested in australia and I would have thought if they had sold one of their cars to a bloke in campbeltown they would have mentioned it.

as for the ultimate GTR. for me it would be the big Mac. the ultimate nissan GTR is a tough one. as a street car I think the Z tune is hard to beat. for a race car, I would love one of the LM spec 32 GTRs or one of the last 34 GT500 cars.

Bob Jane has a Maclaren F1 doesnt he?

You're right sorry, it was the R33 Top Secret GTR. I think AutoStyle bought it into Australia then a local from Camden bought it. Here's an AutoSpeed article on it

http://www.autospeed.com/cms/A_2139/article.html

Of course the MacLaren is the ultimate "GTR" (the Ferrari FXX has got to be the ultimate SuperCar now) but wet dreams aside - I'd have to agree the Z tune would be hard to beat although even it is probably over kill for street use. Have you seen the "Beast Unleashed" DVD?

I still can't get over that Mine's weapon looks the shit, the way that thing revs it would put the NA Vtec boys to shame.

The trip to TopSecret would of been unreal. How big is their workshop?

ah ok, I have seen an article on that 33. I'm not sure if it was a top secret car though or just a customer car. hard to know as i would say it's been changed quite a bit in OZ.

not sure if Bob Jane has a big Mac, but i saw one a few months ago in melbourne. not a GTR though.

yes, the F40s do it for me. saw one of those in melbourne too. and they are insane.

yeah, the mines GTR really is something. I would say the black TO4Z equipped HKS GTR would rival it though. I saw it (and the mines 34) at Tokyo Autosalon and they had a video of the HKS car running. that thing hits boost very, very hard and revs out very fast!! looked wild.

Top secret was great. I had heard that they aren't very approachable for tourists etc, but we had an introduction from the president of another japanese workshop who knows Nagata-san so that helped. they were very friendly. It's a very big workshop by Tokyo standards it seems. the shop is very small but the actual workshop area is quite large. awesome cars there. the car park was packed with R34 GTRs and had their RB26 powered Supra there too.