SAU Community

Show & Shine Wrap Up Thread

d00dz

First real big meet that I've been to since joining this forum...  can't say that I'm one bit disappointed!  Even scored myself a sticker~

Cruise up was awesome, except for that f*$king rock that shot into my bonnet leaving a chip - not happy at all about that.

Overall show was top rated, never seen so many Skylines in one day let alone one meet...  Seeing some of the really modified cars was extremely inspiring; which was the actual intention for entering this (to get ideas and inspiration).

Cruise back down was kinda lonely, only one other 32 :)

All I can say is those who won those prizes, well done!  Those who organized the event, excellent job! And those who couldn't make it up, you missed out big time...  but I'm sure there'll be next year to plan for~

lol stupid traffic too

so many slow cars on the overtaking lane

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From one Canberran's point of view,I reckon it was a fairly smoothly run event,with HEAPS of drool-worthy artillery! There are sooooo many cars that come to mind,but those of you that were there already have your fave's burnt into your memories and memory cards;those that weren't there-you should've been! One of our "adopted" ACT SAU'ers drove 7 1/2 hours each way from Wagga Wagga (OscarR32-marone R32 GTS-T) just to be part of the show! And we met a rally-spec'd Niss' owner and SAU member from Canberra we never even knew about! All in all,I've got more inspiration to drag our crew back(OK;they'll come willingly)to do it all again next year!

Oh,and my favorites? Stacey & Paul's two.06l R32 GTR....now that's how a 32 should be! Obviously Terry's ex-Gentleman Jim's R31 was stunning,the two classic 'Lines in silver,the copious amount of Volk/Rays fitted to most cars,the S14 with the RB26DETT was brilliantly done(you go,girl!)...and the list goes on!

Massive thanks to the organisers for putting the event on,and thanks to the local constabulary(!!!)for giving everyone the heads up re:travelling home-they could've been sneaky and lay in wait for an easy meal,but chose to reveal their hand. Anyone get caught speeding on the way home that DIDN'T earn it? Honestly?!? And thanks also to the Mingarra(sp?) Club for having us;I hope we're there again next year!

that best r32 gtr with the t51r omg how nice was that.....

mintie car was good too! cant beleive he didnt win anything! RIGGED!!!

hehe

he won the funniest number plate award: 'MIN-71E'

A big thanks to the organisers for the day it was great. It was nice to see so many people who actually respect other people cars etc (not having to say to people can you please not touch etc was a pleasant surprise). I scored 2 trophies which is a record for me as i never win anything :rofl: And for those of you who set me up to make me come up and get the trophy (you know who you are) you will pay LOL

Also wanted to say it was nice to catch up with the few SAU'ers I know outside of canberra(Paul/DIRTgarage and Duncan/errr... DUNCAN,Malcolm with the R33 GTS-T Nismo/ username?). I also met quite a few new faces that were friendly and appreciative of me and my car. As I'm a small member of SAU(sexual inuendo not intended;much ribbing expected...LOL),it's nice to get in amongst the bigger scene and soak up everything that is happening outside of the small sphere that is Canberra! Not tha the ACT is bad,mind you...just f***ing cold! Ah,think of the inlet temp's!

OH,edit:Adams' 4 door? I saw you,mate. SWEET ride(love the 4 door 32's!)

Guest DIRTgarage
Oh,and my favorites? Stacey & Paul's two.06l R32 GTR....now that's how a 32 should be!

Thanks Jayce....my favorite would have to have been the S14 260sx....what a combo, and so nicely done too. Like to see Stace and MSRB26 head to head on the drag day....what a race!!

Thanks to all who organised/competed/attended to make this day possible.

Thanks Jayce....my favorite would have to have been the S14 260sx....what a combo, and so nicely done too. Like to see Stace and MSRB26 head to head on the drag day....what a race!!

Thanks to all who organised/competed/attended to make this day possible.

Thanks Paul :rofl: Sounds like a plan for the 31st should be some fun, see you there :P

I also have to say that i was dissapointed that yours/Stace's 32 didn't win best 32 GTR but that's how it goes i guess.

This was the first SAU event I've attended/participated in and I have to say that it was pretty impressive. The organisation was top notch, all participants seemed to be acting responsibly and I think it did a lot to portray a very good image of Skyline enthusiasts to the general public. So congrats to all the organisers and everyone who participated/attended on a job well done :rofl:

Now where are the rest of the pics??? :P

]']lol i know your car

it was up on the hill with the pearl white colour  

mine was opposite side of yours  

white R32 GTR with CF hood and black AVS rims

Ah,yes...let me check all my memory cards...there's a shot in there somewhere!

Hold tight;I'll see what I can do!

Like to see Stace and MSRB26 head to head on the drag day....what a race!!

this i would like to see :P:D A bit of friendly competition will be awesome. Andrea v's Stacey, the race is on :):P lol

it was great talking to you Paul and to anyone else i may have forgotten. It certainly was a great change to be able to mingle with so many people who were so down to earth and werent egotystical maniacs....

Next year will be bigger and getter i am sure.

Ah,yes...let me check all my memory cards...there's a shot in there somewhere!

Hold tight;I'll see what I can do!

Nope;I'm a mug:the only shot I had off your car was blinded by the sun. Teach me not to check the viewer each time I take a pic'...Sorry!

Guest DIRTgarage
Thanks Paul :) Sounds like a plan for the 31st should be some fun, see you there  :P  

I also have to say that i was dissapointed that yours/Stace's 32 didn't win best 32 GTR but that's how it goes i guess.

We weren't dissapointed....just glad to see a race car hold its own in a show environment....stripped interiors etc aren't big winners with show judges.