SAU Community

Wheel Sizes & Offsets For Skylines

haha gotta pay top dollar for top quality !!

have a look at the work emotion series, still good quality & a fair bit cheaper than meisters.

just got myself a set of 18" XD9's which go on tomorrow ! :D

XD9's are sexy!

where's the cheapest place to buy em?

is yours deep dish? what offset?

pictures!!!!!

Would also like to know questions above :D

Looking at getting some CR Kai's, but also considering the XD9's. :D

Make sure you post some pics :thumbsup:

Edited by Converge

the thing is, i don't know what offset to use when selecting the wheels. i want something with standard brake caliper clearance, deep dish, 18", no rolling of guards,no tyres that stick out of arches, and no removing of wheel lining.

basically something that fits without modification.

these are the specs i tried plugging in nengun.

offset: 35

width: 8.5jj

18" high buff

then it gives my a box labelled "A". what do i put in that box?

is the price they quote on the site per wheel of for a set of four?

so damn confusing.:/

You enter how many wheels you want to buy, ie 4. NFI what the difference between an A & an O disk is, however.

The price is per wheel.

You enter how many wheels you want to buy, ie 4. NFI what the difference between an A & an O disk is, however.

The price is per wheel.

No it's how many of your nuts you want to trade for a set, no idea why it goes over two though, LOL !

got my wheels done :) powder coated, polished lip, and new tires.

now time for some lowering...or alot.

is it normal for a stock car with GTR wheels (235/45/17 tires) to touch the inner wheel well plastics a little while dropping down gutters (slowly) while steering??

post-62717-0-78930700-1305719628_thumb.jpg

post-62717-0-00542400-1305719699_thumb.jpg

post-62717-0-12196200-1305719745_thumb.jpg

post-62717-0-52810300-1305719803_thumb.jpg

Just copy and fill in the table;

Skyline model = R33 Series 1 GTS

Wheel Brand/Model = Koya Driftek

Wheel diameter = 18"

Wheel width = 8.5"

Wheel offset = +35 (Running F&R)

Tyre size = 235/40/r18 (Front) ... 235/45/r18 (Rear)

Modifications to fit = no mods, fit perfect with 10mm gap to guard at front and 5mm gap to guard at rear. No scraping or rubbing on front full lock or suspension flex at rear. Perfect size if u don't want to mod or roll guards etc.

Some pics:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/gallery/image/80399-img-1531jpg/

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/gallery/image/80405-img-1522jpg/

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/gallery/image/80404-img-1524jpg/

Just copy and fill in the table;

Skyline model = R33 Series 1 GTS

Wheel Brand/Model = Koya Driftek

Wheel diameter = 18"

Wheel width = 8.5"

Wheel offset = +35 (Running F&R)

Tyre size = 235/40/r18 (Front) ... 235/45/r18 (Rear)

Modifications to fit = no mods, fit perfect with 10mm gap to guard at front and 5mm gap to guard at rear. No scraping or rubbing on front full lock or suspension flex at rear. Perfect size if u don't want to mod or roll guards etc.

Some pics:

http://www.skylinesa...99-img-1531jpg/

http://www.skylinesa...05-img-1522jpg/

http://www.skylinesa...04-img-1524jpg/

Looks good mate. I myself also have a non turbo r33, except I'm thinking of running a set of 18" XXR 962's. Reckon it'll fit with 8.5" front and 9.5" back, both with +35 offset? not lowered yet btw

Edited by wikt

Looks good mate. I myself also have a non turbo r33, except I'm thinking of running a set of 18" XXR 962's. Reckon it'll fit with 8.5" front and 9.5" back, both with +35 offset? not lowered yet btw

8.5's would fit perfect on front.. 9.5's on rears u may hav to roll the guards. I think if u get a smaller offset they may fit, but the whole offset thing still confuses me, I'm probs not the best person to ask lol, check ur nearest decent tyre/wheel shop.. Theyl be able to help.

Not trying to open a can of worms, but I've been reading through this thread and some laws regarding wheel changes, and it occurs to me that I'm probably now running a track width increase that is now illegal (based on an offset calculator, I'd judge 54mm rear, and 46mm front).

Has anyone run into any issues with their increased track with passing through their relevant vehicle regulatory bodies (RTA/Regency/etc), or with insurance claims?

every law needs to be interpreted :pirate: have you tried basing those measurement comparisons on a GTR wheel of your model?

and unless your rolling on monster truck wheels, or Miles out of the guards i don't think you will get hassled anyways. as for insurance, same goes i guess. but in the end it all depends on who your assessor is, and what sort of a mood he is in that day.

*and isnt the track still just measured from the hubs?

Edited by boiracer

every law needs to be interpreted :pirate: have you tried basing those measurement comparisons on a GTR wheel of your model?

and unless your rolling on monster truck wheels, or Miles out of the guards i don't think you will get hassled anyways. as for insurance, same goes i guess. but in the end it all depends on who your assessor is, and what sort of a mood he is in that day.

*and isnt the track still just measured from the hubs?

R34 GT-T rim is 17x7.5+40

Nismo LMGT4 I have are 18x8.5+30 & 18x9.5+38. They're sitting pretty much on the guards at the front and slightly out at the rear. It's enough to worry about cops when I live in Adelaide (land of the defect). Anyway --

Based on offset calculator:

front is 3mm less clearance inner & outer extend 23mm

rear is 23mm less clearance inner & outer extend 27mm

For R34 GTR (18x9+30), offset calculator:

front/rear is 9mm less clearance inner & outer extend 29mm

So yeah, going from 7.5 to 8.5 front and 9.5 rear. As for track, my understanding is it's center of wheel to center of wheel on that axle, but I can't find anything authoritative about it. Would love peoples input/thoughts/experiences :)

Skyline model = R33 Series 2 GTST

Wheel Brand/Model = Rota Grids

Wheel diameter = 18"

Wheel width = 9.5 front and rear

Wheel offset = +30 (Running F&R)

Tyre size = 245/45/r18 (Front) ... 245/45/r18 (Rear)

Modifications to fit = Rolled front and rear

Rears are perfect, front rub slightly on inner mould with 3/4 lock, have lowered coilovers sitting slightly above tyre

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone give a definitive answer on inner clearance on a 33 gts-t, with 18x9.5 +30 with a 235 tyre?

Have read the r34 gtr wheels are a bit close as is and these will sit 6mm further in.

Would just go the 18x9.5 +22, but am trying not to go nuts with poke.

cheers,

Jess

Edit: apologies, just saw above, how low is your car? will it scrub the inner if you dropped further?

Edited by JayTay

I have no mods to the height of the car ,stock suspension.

Nah not you mate, i meant SilverS2, info on his setup would probably help both of us, though if you put 9.5's on with no suspension work your car will look like shit.

+22 on a 9.5 will clear the coilovers at the front from what ive stuck in the calculators, but will have some serious poke without camber, lowness, roll/flare and most likely 225's.

Should be sweet at the rear with just a rolled guard. I think it works out to be pretty close to a 10" wide +18 in terms of fitment.

If anyone knows the final word on inner clearance it would be awesome if you could post it up, pictures would be good as well.

cheers,

Jess

Does anyone have a set of 18x8.5 +22 and 18x9.5+22 or 17x8.5 +22 and 17x9.5+22 Fitted on a r34 gtt an if so how do they look at what suspenion do you have on it.