SAU Community

Wheel Help - 32gtr

thanks marcus and ST113, you have confirmed my fear that the +12 9.5s will only fit on 33/34 GTRs. bummer.

I will continue the search. I think the 18X9.5 +20 should be ok with a smaller tyre, say 235?

Atfer a quick search, I found that a few people have fitted 265/35/18 tyres to R32's, so you may not need to go to 235's:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...showtopic=79629

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...showtopic=84208

Using a +20/22 would be a safer bet as you could always decrease the offset slightly if need be.

I'm still trying to work out how to fit 18 x 11's :(

post-4183-1124327679.jpg

Edited by NXTIME

mmm tasty.

I have 245/45/17 all 'round at the moment so it seems i may be ok using a 245 on the 18s but even with the current set-up on hard lock everynow and then they just touch the plastic splash guard. :(

Hi Richard,

Yes my Volks are 18x9.5. I can't recall exactly what the offset is (they are stored at my dads house ATM). I'm fairly sure they are +22 as per the Rays fitting chart for R34 GT-R. However, as the fitting chart states

Because it extends from the fender, the case of installing please note sufficiently.

Basically they extend out of the front fenders on R34 GT-Rs, and *I think* both front and rear on R32s but its a little hard to tell as I only test fitted them quickly:

post-5796-1124379347.jpg

A few more piccies from various angles here.

Lucien.

Atfer a quick search, I found that a few people have fitted 265/35/18 tyres to R32's, so you may not need to go to 235's:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...showtopic=79629

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...showtopic=84208

Using a +20/22 would be a safer bet as you could always decrease the offset slightly if need be.

I'm still trying to work out how to fit 18 x 11's :P

I have 265/35/18's on my R32 GTR with 18*9 +24 rims. They are a perfect fit with no rubbing on full lock.

Regards

Andrew

Thanks Lucien. I think the ones you have are the +12? cause they seem to stick out quite a bit at the back. very nice wheels. Looks like you will need to lower the car ;) and roll the guards :unsure:

Thanks Lucien. I think the ones you have are the +12? cause they seem to stick out quite a bit at the back. very nice wheels. Looks like you will need to lower the car ;) and roll the guards :unsure:

My dad is going to call me this weekend: I'll ask him to confirm.

Edit: I should also mention that the sticking out effect is probably slightly exaggerated by two things:

1) I have no idea what the camber is on my car ATM.

2) I only installed the TE-37s on one side of the car: the other side still had the stock 16" wheels on.

Richard, why did you bid on the CR Kai's you crazy bastard. They are a cast rim.. I would stick with forged rims if I were you - those were cheap for a reason. CE28's are where its at in that style.....

Oh and the 34 rims are expensive because they are a lightweight forged rim so yes you can get a Rays forged wheel for the same amount but its about the same from a performance point of view, its all about your preffered style and on the track the 34 rims make as much sense as any.

Edited by sewid

hehe, yeah I know they are cast, but apparently they are still quite a strong rim as they are made by their new casting process, spposedly near the strength of forged but without the cost. :P

The 34 rims are nice but quite common now on 32s, i'm after something a little different.

I'm guessing you are back in town now? we should catch up soon, even just for a coffee/beer. send me a pm or even give me a buzz.

I'm still trying to work out how to fit 18 x 11's :(

I'm going to run 265s on my R34GTR rims when i get them.

In a wheel related question, while no doubt the 18x11s look TOUGH above, i do wonder about the 3 piece Japanese type wheels (like the Works and SSR Professors) and their ability to swallow a 365+ diameter brake disc.

I know this is not a big consideration when buying wheels for most people, but I would look SERIOUSLY at max disc and caliper clearance before spashing out on a set of rims. The TE37s are awesome as they will take a MASSIVE rotor in 18s.

It's a consideration as you don't want to have your nice sparkly 18s only to find down the track that you won't be able to fit the 365mm rotor APs you bought because of wheel clearances

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys I just have one little question. I had a look at the calculator but I can't use it I don't have enough information.

R32 GTR 17 x 9 rims should a +22 offset fit without needing spacers etc? I have 17 x 9's on there now but they are the wrong offset and need spacer plates all the way around. Just want to make sure before I order these new rims, that the +22 will be ok? There are no sizing charts, previously I wanted SSR Professor's for it and the relevant sizing was +19, and when I spoke to my tyre guy he told me +25. I'm now getting different rims due to SSR going bankrupt, and the imitations of the Professor don't come in 17".

Ok guys I just have one little question. I had a look at the calculator but I can't use it I don't have enough information.

R32 GTR 17 x 9 rims should a +22 offset fit without needing spacers etc? I have 17 x 9's on there now but they are the wrong offset and need spacer plates all the way around. Just want to make sure before I order these new rims, that the +22 will be ok? There are no sizing charts, previously I wanted SSR Professor's for it and the relevant sizing was +19, and when I spoke to my tyre guy he told me +25. I'm now getting different rims due to SSR going bankrupt, and the imitations of the Professor don't come in 17".

i have 17*9 +22 Enkei RP02 on my R32 GTR with 235's on them

there are no spacers and look fine, they dont stick out too far and they dont sit too far inwards either