SAU Community

R33 Gtst Whiteline & Bilstein Suspension

Sydneykid

Any chance I could slip in a buy for the GTR mate :)  ??

I am currently working on the R32GTR and R33GTR Road kits, bit of shock valve engineering required. Nearly finished on the shock dyno, maybe tomorrow/Sunday. I will post up a new Group Buy thread for each as soon as I am finished.

I have a lot to do;

1. R33GTST Road = done

2. R32GTST Road = done

3. Stagea S1 & S2 Road = done

4. R32GTR Road = in progress

5. R33GTR Road = in progress

6. R34GTT Road = commenced, awaiting prices

7. R33GTST Circuit = commenced

8. R32GTST Circuit = commenced

9. R32GTR Circuit = engineering in progress

10. R33GTR Circuit = engineering in progress

11. R34GTT Circuit = not yet started

12. R33GTST Drag = commenced, awaiting prices

13. R32GTST Drag = commenced, awaiting prices

14. R32GTR Drag = engineering in progress

15. R33GTR Drag = engineering in progress

16. R34GTT Drag = not yet started

17. R33GTST Drift = not yet started

18. R32GTST Driftt = commenced

:) cheers ;)

Edited by Sydneykid

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

is castor adjustment kit,    replacement tension rods?  or replacement bushes with off-centre holes in them?

Replacement caster bushes, I would never ever use spherical bearings in a road suspension kit. Bottom right in the above picture.

:( cheers :D

Replacement caster bushes, I would never ever use spherical bearings in a road suspension kit.  Bottom right in the above picture.

:( cheers  :)

are you sure you can get +7deg castor or more from off-centre bushes? Do you have wheel alignment specs from your test car?

I had to wind out my castor rods a good 5cm or so to get +8deg castor on my R32, I always thought bushes could only give you +2-3 degrees or so.

are you sure you can get +7deg castor or more from off-centre bushes?    Do you have wheel alignment specs from your test car?

I had to wind out my castor rods a good 5cm or so to get +8deg castor on my R32,  I always thought bushes could only give you +2-3 degrees or so.

As always, every car is different, I have done wheel alignments on 4 X R33GTS's recently. The best one had 5.5 degrees standard on the LHS and the worst one had 4.4 degreees standard on the RHS. So obviously getting >7 out of the one with 5.5 was easy. But getting 7 out of the one with 4.4 was impossible, a bit over 6 was the most I could get. But it sure as hell felt a lot better.

:)cheers :(

Are those whitelines you supply progressive springs?

Rears are progressive, so that they stay trapped. Fronts don't need to be progressive. Plus I wouldn't use progressive rate springs in the front of a Skyline, they are too front weight biased (RB's are heavy). It would make them non linear in their front end response to steering inputs.

Have you got any recommendations for HICAS? It's really unpredictable that sometimes it helps but sometimes it makes my driving line bad.

Could you explain how it works and any cares should be taken when taking it off?

Not really a good discussion for a Group Buy thread. This is a much discussed subject, plenty of posts on it. I suggest you do a search "Sydneykid" and "HICAS" . Thatshould answer most of your questions, if you need more info post it up in the Suspenson section. I will do my best to answer.

:D cheers :D

Edited by Sydneykid

Hi SK,

Bob & Vojtek have done some custom suspension work for me on previous cars, so I know I'm dealing with the best. Would I be able to deal with them directly for supply & fit or would going through yourself be more appropriate. Don't want to step on any toes here !

Thanks for your support.

Delivered to a Brisbane address, I'd like to order;

BNF24Z $234

BNR11XZ $234

KCA331 $119

KCA347 $132

KCA348 $281

KCA349 $114

= $1114

Would you accept a Western Union money transfer which would require picking up?

I am unable to transfer to an Aus bank acct at present.

This Group Buy is arranged through Jamex and the only way I could get the good prices was to make it very simple for them. That's why it's direct deposit only. You can drop into your local bank branch and they will be able to do a paper based transfer internationally.

:P cheers :)

Is it better to get these springs if we want to lower the car over King springs etc.....?

Cheers,

Mark.

Hi Mark if you already have Kings low springs then the rest of the kit will suite OK. I have designed the valving in the shocks with a window and the Kings low springs fit in that window. Kings super lows don't.

If you don't already have springs, then the ones in the kit are the best.

Hi SK,

Bob & Vojtek have done some custom suspension work for me on previous cars, so I know I'm dealing with the best. Would I be able to deal with them directly for supply & fit or would going through yourself be more appropriate. Don't want to step on any toes here !

Thanks for your support.

Whiteline don't do fitting in house any more, they stopped a couple of months ago. PM me if you want to discuss further.

For those that need them, the Dust Cover and Bump Stop kit is now inlcuded in the Group Buy and is on the price list. The cost is $51 per pair (exc freight), so you will need 2 pair for a car set (one pair for the front shocks and one pair for the rear shocks).

Edited by Sydneykid