Sydneykid

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What model is the bilstein suspension ?

This is an R33GTST Group Buy so the Bilstein are R33GTST ones with modified valving (to suite the other parts in the kit) and extra circlip grooves (to enable height adjustment).

:P cheers :(

Sorry to be such a pain in the arse... but i'd like to know the specific model so i can do some research on it. Apparently from what i check bilstein only has 1 specific model for the R33, which is the B6 Sport. Is this the one? And i'm a complete dumbass in cars.. have loads to learn, so here comes another question, is the dampening rates or bound and rebout set stiffer or softer with ur setting?

Hope you don't mind the dumb questions. Cheers! :)

Sorry to be such a pain in the arse... but i'd like to know the specific model so i can do some research on it. Apparently from what i check bilstein only has 1 specific model for the R33, which is the B6 Sport. Is this the one? And i'm a complete dumbass in cars.. have loads to learn, so here comes another question, is the dampening rates or bound and rebout set stiffer or softer with ur setting?

Hope you don't mind the dumb questions. Cheers!  :)

Thee are no such things as dumb questions.

Simplistically there are 7 sets of valves, 3 for rebound and 4 for bump.

Rebound

There is a valve set for controlling low frequency rebound

There is a valve set for medium velocity

There is another valve set for high frequency rebound

Bump

There is a valve set for controlling low frequency bump

There is a valve set for medium velocity

There is another valve set for high frequency bump

There is a single valve for grosse dump

Some of the changes to the valving in the Group Buy are to make it stiffer in certain areas and some of changes are to make it softer. Generally speaking what I have done is to soften the high frequency for small ripples, bumps, joins etc. And incease the low frequency to control the springs and the stabiliser bars.

The idea is to give a sporty, but not harsh ride and great handling. The reports coming back from the guys on the various Group Buys indicate that I have been reasonably successful in achieving that.

:) cheers ;)

i'm interested in full kit for series one.

so free delivery plus 5% off total prices listed above?

Im also interested in the full R33 kit... I know nothing about suspension.

What does the kit come with?

Whats the price?

In the kit what does it come with? Does it come with everything i need to put them in the car?

Reply via PM

Cheers,

Mitch

Hi SK,

My R33 GTSt was originally imported from Japanese with modified suspension (very stiff)

I bought a set of Whiteline R33 springs which softened the ride.

It is still way too hard! – (Apexi shocks set on the softest setting)

Will the valving you have the Bilsteins set to be suitable for the Whiteline springs I currently have fitted? (are these the one you use in the kit?) (73175F 83139R)

What sort of external adjust is there with the Bilsteins? Bump Rebound.

Cheers

Rob

Hi SK,

My R33 GTSt was originally imported from Japanese with modified suspension (very stiff)

I bought a set of Whiteline R33 springs which softened the ride.

It is still way too hard! – (Apexi shocks set on the softest setting)

Will the valving you have the Bilsteins set to be suitable for the Whiteline springs I currently have fitted? (are these the one you use in the kit?) (73175F 83139R)

What sort of external adjust is there with the Bilsteins? Bump Rebound.

Cheers

Rob

The Bilsteins will work perfectly with the Whiteline springs, they are the ones I specified in the Group Buy. The Bilsteins don't have external adjustment, they don't need it. The valving is sophisticated enough to handle the uprated spring and bar rates, whilst maintaining a sporty, but not harsh ride.

:P Cheers ;)

What a day!

Picked a good day to do the front shocks... 30 degrees!

SK, they're in the front and boy can i feel the difference. I had some sort of blitz shocks in previously. They were dead and buried....I know a good shock should take about 2sec from full compression to come all the way out, and take nearly all your body weight to slowly push it in right?? My old front left shock litterally got pushed down by one finger! and took about 10 seconds to come up... with a little help. cant believe they got so bad so quickly.

Getting them back in was a killer. I had no chance on my own. Had to get the fattest guy in the street to stand on my rotors and bounce so i could pop the bottom eyelet back in.... Any tips for the back?... fat guy might not be available tomorrow when i do em.. :O

To all the people out there that use lock tight, etc on your nuts, please don't. your killing me. I literally had to chop my old shocks up because the top nuts where stuck on to get all the rubbers etc off my old strut.. The last 2 cars ive owned, same thing. And please don't overtighten nuts....Bent 3 spanners trying to undo nuts. My dads gunna kill me when he finds out... :P

Bottom clip is lowest height right? too late now, im not pulling them out to change them ;)

Thanks again SK. I woulda paid $3000 for them... :)

What a day!

Picked a good day to do the front shocks... 30 degrees!

SK, they're in the front and boy can i feel the difference. I had some sort of blitz shocks in previously. They were  dead and buried....I know a good shock should take about 2sec from full compression to come all the way out, and take nearly all your body weight to slowly push it in right?? My old front left shock litterally got pushed down by one finger! and took about 10 seconds to come up... with a little help. cant believe they got so bad so quickly.

Getting them back in was a killer. I had no chance on my own. Had to get the fattest guy in the street to stand on my rotors and bounce so i could pop the bottom eyelet back in.... Any tips for the back?... fat guy might not be available tomorrow when i do em.. :(

To all the people out there that use lock tight, etc on your nuts, please don't. your killing me. I literally had to chop my old shocks up because the top nuts where stuck on to get all the rubbers etc off my old strut.. The last 2 cars ive owned, same thing. And please don't overtighten nuts....Bent 3 spanners trying to undo nuts. My dads gunna kill me when he finds out...  :D

Bottom clip is lowest height right? too late now, im not pulling them out to change them  :D

Thanks again SK. I woulda paid $3000 for them... :P

That's what Group Buys are all about, value for money.

:) cheers :)

PS; tell your dad he needs to buy better spanners for you to use :lol:

Edited by Sydneykid

That's what Group Buys are all about, value for money.

:D cheers :D

PS; tell your dad he needs to buy better spanners for you to use :lol:

Hi Gary, I bought a full Kit from you last month. Very happy as you know. I have one question though. I had it all installed by a well known workshop, & I have been noticing that the rear left is bottoming out a little (the same old tyre scrub noise, --(no metal to metal noises etc..)

This happens on different sealed roads (only certain types of bumps etc..)

From memory - Not at low speed over a speed hump, I thought it was odd, because it happens even when I have a empty back seat?, but alot more noticeable when there is a passenger on the rear left side. I had it checked by the same workshop, but not on the hoist yet, (I & they didn't have the time this particualr day I had it checked), but I am going back because we all thought maybe the springs are settling?

I am a bit stumped on this one, nothing visible, & I don't think it's getting worse, but it is playing on my mind a little.

Any ideas/thoughts or had any other customers had simular issues.

Any help would be appreciated- the car will be going back WED.

Cheers

Chris

Hi Gary, I bought a full Kit from you last month.  Very happy as you know.  I have one question though.  I had it all installed by a well known workshop, & I have been noticing that the rear left is bottoming out a little (the same old tyre scrub noise, --(no metal to metal noises etc..) 

This happens on different sealed roads (only certain types of bumps etc..)

From memory - Not at low speed over a speed hump, I thought it was odd, because it happens even when I have a empty back seat?, but alot more noticeable when there is a passenger on the rear left side.  I had it checked by the same workshop, but not on the hoist yet, (I & they didn't have the time this particualr day I had it checked), but I am going back because we all thought maybe the springs are settling?

I am a bit stumped on this one, nothing visible, & I don't think it's getting worse, but it is playing on my mind a little.

Any ideas/thoughts or had any other customers had simular issues.

Any help would be appreciated- the car will be going back WED.

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris, grab a tape measure and check the centre of wheel to guard measurements. That will tell you whether it is a height problem or not. All springs settle a little after a few days, usually around 5mm. I always recommend a height around 355 mm front and 345 mm rear.

Have a quick look around and see if you can find where the tyre is touching, you may be able to fix it with a little tweak of the camber. On the Stagea I have to run 1/2 degree more than I would really like to make sure the tyres (R33GTR wheels) clear the guards whne i have a load in it.

Let me know how you get on

:) cheers :O

Hi SK,

Tried sending a PM, but your inbox seems to be full.

Just wondering if you have a full set of the Whiteline springs and Bilstein shocks for a S2 R33 GTS-T left?

By my calculations, the total price would be around $1178 for the set?

Sorry, I received 25+ PM's last night, filled up the message box. I have cleared some space today.

Yep, there are some R33GTST Bilsteins left, springs are made to order by Whiteline, so no problems there. Price would be +144+144+476+476+free freight = 1240 - 5% = $1178. Just confirm the order via PM, transfer the funds into the Jamex bank account, let me know the receipt number and we are under way. Don't forget to include your name, a delivery address (not a PO Box) and a contact phone number for the courier.

Thanks for supporting the Group Buy

:D cheers :D

Finally got around to installing the front shocks and springs today.

Never done it before and I am surprised how smoothly it has been going.

One issue has arrisen and I searched but cant find any info on it.

Can anyone please confirm what the part circled is for(see pic)?

How is it positioned when installed? Anyone got pics of theirs installed?

shockies%20001_1.jpg

cheers ;)

Finally got around to installing the front shocks and springs today.

Never done it before and I am surprised how smoothly it has been going.

One issue has arrisen and I searched but cant find any info on it.

Can anyone please confirm what the part circled is for(see pic)?

How is it positioned when installed? Anyone got pics of theirs installed?

shockies%20001_1.jpg

cheers :)

The bracket is for mounting the brake line and/or the ABS sensor wire on some models.

;) cheers :(

The bracket is for mounting the brake line and/or the ABS sensor wire on some models.

:) cheers :O

Thanks Gary.

Does it matter which way it is facing when installed?

I installed it facing forwards as there seemed to more room for the bracket thingy :angry:

Measured from centre of wheel to gaurd (both sides) - 360mm

(I didnt change the clip settings)

So allowing 5mm for the shocks to settle then I should end up with approx 355mm?

Ive only done the front so far and they feel good :)