Sydneykid

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just Another big thanks to Gary for the group buy. I finally got a RDO free to myself to work on my car and not others for a change so i got the car on a hoist all day and started the task of swapping it all over. There was nothing overly hard, just afair bit of it to do. But got it all done by late this arvo. Its due for an alignment next week.

First impression was , firmer but smoother, if that makes sense.... like i can feel more of the road bumps, but its nowhere near as harsh when they do hit... shocks obviously doing there job !

Height was spot on .... i was 330 mm front and 340 rear initially, now its a perfect 350mm all round.

Car goes round corners heaps better..... only had a limited test on the quick drive home, as i was totally knackered from the day. Will test more on weekend. Still amazingly better than std.

Found out my springs were RS*R brand too.... so i'll sell them off as they wernt too bad in comparison.... std shocks however found the bin !

Thanks Gary, once again for all the effort. Our sprint series starts up again soon so i'll let you know how the car goes relative to track records etc .

Gary

Edited by Fastrotor

You have PM Sydneykid, hope you have some springs/shocks for me!

Cheers

Jayson

Hi Jason, I took a weekend off the PC and worked on the project R33GTST, fitted the Power FC and Boost Control Kit and did a bit of tuning etc. Needless to say the PM filled up with 30 or so messagea per day. To which I have now responded, so there should be some space.

:D cheers :)

PS, there are still a few sets of Bilsteins available

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, got the kit fitted....awesome!

Has transformed the car completely, (but i did have two dead shocks).

Feels nice and tight and very responsive to both steering and throttle.

After a chat with Wojtek, he dialled in an extra half a degree

of camber all round above Garys settings.

Awesome kit Gary, and great service from whiteline (Wojtek).

Finally, got the kit fitted....awesome!

Has transformed the car completely, (but i did have two dead shocks).

Feels nice and tight and very responsive to both steering and throttle.

After a chat with Wojtek, he dialled in an extra half a degree

of camber all round above Garys settings.

Awesome kit Gary, and great service from whiteline (Wojtek).

Glad you liked it

:D cheers :laugh:

Hi all who have fitted the kit.

Looking at the sway bars the front only came with the two new nolathene bushes so I assume it still just uses the factory setup to fix to the end of the swaybars.

The rear seems to have a whole lot of hardware to replace the lot.

Is this correct. Just checking in case the bits have been mixed up.

Thanks

Hi all who have fitted the kit.

Looking at the sway bars the front only came with the two new nolathene bushes so I assume it still just uses the factory setup to fix to the end of the swaybars.

The rear seems to have a whole lot of hardware to replace the lot.

Is this correct. Just checking in case the bits have been mixed up.

Thanks

Correct, the front adjustable stabiliser bar uses the standard links

The rear adjustable stabiliser bar has supplied links, as the standard links are unsuitable.

When you look at the car you can see why.

:O cheers :devil:

Correct, the front adjustable stabiliser bar uses the standard links

The rear adjustable stabiliser bar has supplied links, as the standard links are unsuitable.

When you look at the car you can see why.

:O cheers :devil:

Yeah thanks. I have already worked it out. Pretty simple once i took the time to look at it.

Only unkown still is how long to let the rear links hang down?

Yeah thanks. I have already worked it out. Pretty simple once i took the time to look at it.

Only unkown still is how long to let the rear links hang down?

I set the length of the links so that the Whiteline bar is in the same place as the standard bar.

:P cheers :D

I realise everyone is setting their cars up to be the same height all round (350mm as recommended) however is it best to do it with yourself sitting in the car. Obviously would be weighed down a bit on the drivers side.

If you have a set of corner weight scales, it is best to balance the car with the driver.

Otherwise, set it up evenly as you have no better reference (than equal height).

:O cheers :dry:

quick question cause im kinda stupid :( on the list on the first page.. i'd buy 2 x shocks and springs ya ?? and 1 x everything else ??

Could i get a price for everything id need except the front/rear swaybar, strut brace and pineapples please :) ? Also do you still have any kits in stock.. ?

thanks heaps :)

Hey everyone, fitted the new springs and shocks on Saturday, took arond 4-5 hours with two ppl.

Its easy once you know which parts are getting replaced or re used. . .

So far I am quite happy with the new gear, it's still quite comfortable and liveable but it's firmer and flatter, and the rear is now pretty much glued to the road, my old rear shocks were so shagged it was all over the place. . .

well worth the money . . .

Thanks a lot to Gary for organising the group buy

:P

im still trying to work out which parts i need to buy.......

and how much to pay.....

any assistance from anyone whos bought the full kit would be great :happy: ?? theres like 2 sway bars.. and like do i buy both of them... or 2 of the same type.... i dont get it :(

PM sent, but just in case…………….

There are 2 choices with stabiliser bars, adjustable and non adjustable. They are the same quality, the only difference is the adjustable stabiliser bars are well, adjustable. You can fine tune the handling balance to suite your personal tastes. The guys doing track days usually adjust the stabiliser bars while they have the car jacked up to swap to their track tires. If you want fit and forget then save ~$25 each and buy the fixed rate stabiliser bars. I have selected the appropriate sizes of fixed rate bars to suite the rest of the kit.

:P cheers :(