SAU Community

What's Going On With Everyones Cars?

phat_r33

So got an alpine x305 installed in my car, then realised the sub and amp RCAs were installed(by previous owner or prior) to the rear speakers :s

so spent today laying RCAs through the car and rewiring the rears and sub/amp, good fun it was :)

question though, its a two channel amp with two inputs, line 1 and 2, so how should i be plugging up the two rcas from the hu into the amp?

Actually i think its all good now :D

helped my bro put in his sub/amp and read his amp instructions even though its a diff amp and played with my amp settings and it seems pretty good

:D

now to getting his sounding good :s

well.. kermit has no front end.. or engine.. and engine is in quite a few bits atm.. prob gonna be feb before its back together. gotta sort out SI plates for collinsvale next year so that's my goal.

well.. kermit has no front end.. or engine.. and engine is in quite a few bits atm.. prob gonna be feb before its back together. gotta sort out SI plates for collinsvale next year so that's my goal.

What happened to Kermit? Your last rebuild wasn't that long ago was it?!

I've had some time off to look after the wife and have had some time to play around with my car (read: I've been neglecting my wife and spending time with my car). I had a look at my boost controller (which I've never touched) and it would appear the people who installed it before I owned the car put it on the wrong way round, on completely the wrong line. Decided I would turn it around, and therefore thought a boost gauge would be in order, installed that this morning :) I mounted it in my glovebox as I only plan to use it during track work, tuning, or possibly for some geeky gauge action...

Found my wifes old eee pc in the cupboard which hadn't been used due to a screwy power supply. Ripped it to pieces, bought a car charger, wiped the drive and started from scratch with a light version of XP. Now it's being used for my carpc, which is pretty cool seeing as it has wifi, storage, media players etc and when plugged into my phone has 3G internetz. Nothing is complete without internetz. I also bought a consult cable, as the long term plan is to get a Nistune chip for a 300zx ECU sitting in the spare room, so got some real time gauges on the screen & full data logging. I haven't ordered the touch screen for it yet, but it's next on the list. Then all I need is to find (or make) a decent touch screen interface for using in the car, I thought about using this one but I'm not so sure... Any suggestions?

I finally got around to installing the Shift-i LED lights (thanks zoidbergmerc) which are now set to start at ~4k and flash like crazy for the shift at ~6.5k, which should keep my eyes off the tacho and on the road when at the track.

I've put it all together so that I can add/remove everything within 2-3 minutes easily, as I plan to leave all of it off until I head out to the track. No point in extra dials and glam when you're just around town, I'd rather the stock look than racer boy.

Check out the pics and tell me what you think :)

post-67169-0-90949700-1323858565_thumb.jpgpost-67169-0-97390300-1323858578_thumb.jpgpost-67169-0-71392700-1323858548_thumb.jpg

Dismantling the the eee pc and car charger (which is now tucked up in my dash)

post-67169-0-54963600-1323858327_thumb.jpgpost-67169-0-33727700-1323858362_thumb.jpgpost-67169-0-63693100-1323858598_thumb.jpgpost-67169-0-10518400-1323858344_thumb.jpg

The (almost) finished product :)

mines in the shed with no front also, haven't gone as far as taking the motor out yet though. just fixing up some dodgy stuff from the previous owner.

where did you get your consult cable from jay? I'm currently after one, also liking the screen setup you have there thumbsup.gif

Edited by Autumn33

mines in the shed with no front also, haven't gone as far as taking the motor out yet though. just fixing up some dodgy stuff from the previous owner.

where did you get your consult cable from jay? I'm currently after one, also liking the screen setup you have there thumbsup.gif

I had my front bar off overnight as well, but she's all back together now :) Seems owning a skyline is a lot of dealing with weird shit the people who owned the car before you did....

I got the consult cable from PLMS Developments, I was a bit wary of the dodgy way of ordering but they were very professional and quick, very happy with the service. I originally went with them as I've heard that other cables (i.e. ECU Talk, ebay randoms) have issues with Nistune due to interference, it was slightly more expensive but (quite possibly) worth it.

my engine is apart because of last track day when head gasket decided to take a nap and not do its job, consulted with my mechanic mr.shaw and he recommended taking engine out to clean out damage from the fire episode i had last year so spent last few weekends pulling it all apart getting it ready for complete gasket overhaul. block is looking good and head is gonna get a little loving so time will tell. im in no rush atm as work is crazy so havent been worried about race car.. and if an anyone asks why it is like it is... its because...race car