SAU Community

Anyone's Line ever been smoked at the lights?

Tell us the story. We've all heard heaps about Skylines owning heaps of other hi-perf cars but has anyone been owned at the lights by something totally unexpected or anything else you thought you could take? Don't want to start a depressing thread or anything just curious! :burnout:

Just about everything "use to" smoke me @ the lights! Until I got my RE540S. I use to just accept the fact that I was going to have to play catch up once I got traction (on 255 Falken ZE502 Ziex).

The odd LS1 VX/VT SS sticks out above all else, always caught them by 2nd or 3rd though. Since the new rubber I've not seen tail lights :rolleyes: Yet!

Originally posted by GT-Rmgedon

Tell us the story. We've all heard heaps about Skylines owning heaps of other hi-perf cars but has anyone been owned at the lights by something totally unexpected or anything else you thought you could take? Don't want to start a depressing thread or anything just curious! :burnout:

I've got one embarasing story.

A VN commie pulls up next to me and give it the rev rev. I though "not again......"

Lights go green we both tramp it and I just spin... and spin... and spin, all through first and second. Wasn't until third that I got traction but by that time we were doing 80 and the drag had finished........... We kept neck to neck all the way to 80 !!!

The next week I got rid of my $93 rear tyres and put on a set of 901's at $240 each....

Much better now !!!

But I can just see what the bloke is telling all his friends "I kept up with a modded R33, their not so good after all" :rolleyes::D:D

hehehehehehe

fatz u r a cunny funt

I was almost smoked by a VN, and an EB falcon!!!!

I was day dreaming until last minute when I realised these pricks were revving to drag me.... then the lights went green and I bogged down :rolleyes:

By the time I caught up, I was embarassed! So I had to give them another run at the next lights just to prove a point!!!!

I once got smoked in my R31 by an odd looking datsun 200B. Turns out this guy had the front end extended with a 351 in it!!!!! Now that's very unlikely!!!

Depends, can be hard sometimes balancing taking off slow enough as to not simply sit their smoking, and not stalling the ****ing thing with an in/out clutch!

But if u get a good launch...its all over for the other guy.

We got munched.. and I mean munched.. We didn't even take off we were soo amazed.. We pulled up beside a very well recognised EVO3 around these parts... (Not purple one) and were going to give it a run when we saw all the gauges on his dash going nuts.. then the lights turned green and where we were looking there was no car.. He was like 100m's ahead.. It was ****en fast!!

I love drags from the set of lights... nothing beats it. I probably lost a few but I only remember beating people... not loosing.

Guest Boxhead

hahah yeh nismo girl, what you cant remember, didnt happen.. so you have a good record :D

but we dont street race do we :) nor do we endorce it here at SAU

Yeah my mate in his MKIV supra chops me all the time :D and the odd S14/S15.

Oh and this one time i lined up a pac peformance RX3(roll cage and all), i knew i was in trouble when he told his mate on the phone "bro i'll call ya back i'm busy" throws the phone down and pulls out the hand controller changes a few settings, the light goes green the skyline got CHOPPED !!!!.

Yeah this one time, i pulled up at a set of lights and this really loud combi pulled up next to me (Not healthy sounding at all.

lights turned green and i watched in amasement as the front wheels came a good foot of the ground and this thing took. I was left stopped at the lights with my jaw dropped O.M.G

:Owned:

Yes I have never raced red900ss from the lights. I think his foot never slipped off the clutch and 3 secs later I realised that he needed help and I (thought i) had to catch up to him, but didn't.....

B-man was owned that night - never again tho......

Guest nismogtsx

I was sitting at a set of lights at Arana Hills (Brisbane) and a ford metor with a bloke about 50 years old reved it and i smiled and just took of as normal as i though he was joking.... Once we were both half way accross the intersection the metor lit up the front wheels with the sound of a jet engine and then a large back fire and a snap to second and then another jet engine noise and i was in that much shock i didnt even relise i still had my hand brake on.....

Anyway i meet this bloke about 5 weeks later when i was doing some work at a local shop and its got a cordia motor and running gear and a fully polished turbo on the front... I said what kind is that and he said i found it (?????) the cordia motor has been re-built and the turbo is un known... (All this in a metor)

This bloke works for a wreaker and he picked it up out of a 90's model corolla..... (Wierd)

But thats the most suprising CHOMPING i have had.....

This little metor had more rust than paint so i guess that means it was lightened... LOL

The only time i have ever raced like full on seriously was a motor bike that was about 5 years old. I had a full car load and it was about the 3rd week i had my car and 4 sets of lights in a row we took each other on (level up until about mid-2nd where i kept going hard and he literally stood still). He was trying so hard in the end that he musta let the clutch out too quickly and the hole front end bunny hopped and he launched off the seat and nearly over the handle bars. The next set of lights he congradulated me on a smooth car and turned off a side street.