SAU Community

Sigsputnik's Pix From Japan (regularly Updated)

sigsputnik

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh, and to continue with the pedantic corrections, akihabara is reffered to as "electric town" not electric city. :( man i am pedantic!

I'm 99% sure that the engrish translation on the akihabara train station signs said "electric city" when I was there (about 10 yrs ago now). God I loved that place.

PS. Not saying that it isn't actually refered to as "electric town", just that the signs themselves used city...

Have a look at the pic of the Jaguar and the truck.

Are those steel things with the green ends to prevent someone stealing the vehicle ?

Good idea if they are  :)

no that is a paying car park. you drive over them, then they raise up. to get them to lower again you have to pay. Any decent 4wd could just drive over them though.

lucien, maybe i am wrong, it has happend before, but i'm also pretty sure it's electric town. i'll be back there in about 6 weeks so i'll check it out :D

I'm 99% sure that the engrish translation on the akihabara train station signs said "electric city" when I was there (about 10 yrs ago now). God I loved that place.

im 100% sure your wrong. :)

Actually thats a big Pachinko parlour...

maybe he was talking about the big echo karaoke on the far left of the picture not actually the pachinko parlour :P

osaka's 'akihabara' is denden machi (and signposted in english as 'electric town').

I've never heard of this title being used for aki, and I've been there 2 or three times (which is not to say it isn't the case - I just haven't seen it).

anyway...

Hi guys,

Sorry it's taken so long to post new shots, just been so busy here.

OK lessee what we have here.

Been meaning to post these two up. Seems hotting up vans is quite popular here. Here are two examples from my recent travels.

401.jpg

402.jpg

The filth! There are many different types of cop car over here, I'll try and snap some more. You better panic when you see this thing in your rear-view.

403.jpg

404.jpg

BMW 645 Convertible

405.jpg

406.jpg

Nismo R33 GTR G-Attack. No idea what G-attack is, anyone else have details? There are more details here but that's it.

407.jpg

Detail of the Nismo G-Attack decal.

408.jpg