SAU Community

R33 Drift Project

Majanal

UPDATE 04-05-06 (see date above!!!):

Thanks for the support guys, I have a bunch of pics to put up from today... but I am just so buggered it isn't funny, I just got home, started at 6am this morning and will be back there at 5 am today... yes TODAY.

So... [start REALLY REALLY excited voice] we painted the inside of the car tonight!!!! I am so stoked that I don't think I will be able to sleep... actually, I will be able to sleep, but am still over the moon that we finally have paint in the inside of the car!!!!!

Tomorrow we start to put it back together, having a day off on Saturday, the back at it all day on Sunday, and Monday Tuesday Wednesday also... then back to work.

I cleaned up all the Engine accessories today, you know, oil pumps, oil coolers bolts etc... they look a million dollars, well at least brand new! :O:D:ban:

The bottom end went to be balenced also today ready for final assembly on Sunday, I actually think we will be putting kms on the car by the weekend after this one, and then tune and wow... we should make it!!!

Happy to chat to people on sunday, but I'll not be downing tools to chat, will be chat on the fly. The car is at Waterhouse Auto Care in Penrith, so drop by and say hello!

Anyway... Here are some pics!

Dan.

post-49-1146756409.jpg

post-49-1146756476.jpg

post-49-1146756564.jpg

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice work on the 33 Dan.......Will be good to see another 33 out there(apart from Whiplash.....which i believe won't be having a RB25 in it) Will be good to compare them both!

I guess the first meeting will be over here in SA, Hope all gets finnished and your not driving on Dexxies.......lol

mark (wiplash) has 2 33's in the build :/

good to see the 33 hitting the track i havent really heard of your name did u used to drive something else? competed here in S.A?

hopefully ill have another car ready to slide.. but it wont be against ya as ill be in the other group

I competed in Formula Drift last year in the car (look at my avatar).

Should be GOOD, can't wait to get out and drift again... only a couple more weeks!!!!!

UPDATE 06-05-06:

Yesterday I had a really interesting and exciting day... plenty got done on the car, with pedels, steering wheel, hand brake, various engine bay components and 1/4 of the wiring loom going back in.

I'm not working on the car today, but tomorrow will be a full day tomorrow assembling the bottom end, which will hopefully be running by Friday next week!!! I also plan to finish the wiring also tomorrow.

Yesterday I also got something REALLY big started... I know you are all going to hate me, but I can't announce anything about the deal yet until it is sealed. BUT... IT is HUGE for me so as soon as I can let it out I will post in here!

No pics today gang, might get some more tomorrow!

Cheers,

Dan.

Before I retire for the evening also kids... I was at MFX today picking up my rear bar and the Drift Cat and her man Trent were there having her car sprayed.

We got talking about the HUGE task of stripping out the tar sound deadening...

Apparently 10kg's of dry ice on the tar, you cover the whole floor section with it, wait for it to start making a cracking sound and hit it with a rubber mallet! It lifts off and leaves a perfectly primed surface ready for painting!

Takes 45 mins to an hour... I HATE finding things like that out now!

Sleep good kids,

Dan.

Hoping to have out out of the workshop the Wednesday after next, then a quick drive to Melbourne and back to run it in... and finally out on track for a shake down on the 22nd of May.

Should be fun trying to get that all done!

Cheers,

Dan.

UPDATE 07-05-06:

Wiring is all back in now, today we start assembling the bottom end, the head will be back Tuesday or Wednesday and the car should be running Friday!!!!

LOOKING GOOD!!!

Dan.

So with all this car building crap,,,when are we getting on the turps possum?. You must be as sobber as a judge by now.

Neil.

hmm that sound deading trick sounds good. i've done it before with a heat gun and chisel. took farking ages and was very hard to get it all off.

Yeah... next car will be that way! No more heat gun and chisel for me!!!

Princess, we will be getting on the grog in Mallala... I actually have a spare bed if you want... but you better be quick!

Pulled the stock turbo off today to check it all out... nearly no shaft play at all, and still spun freely so all good... compaired it to the new one and OH YEAH BABY!!!Have to check... but I'm sure that it is bigger than a 25/30... more like a 28/35!!! :D:D:D

UPDATE 10-05-06:

Bottom End complete, Head arrived back today, Turbo ready to bolt up, Wiring in (Just thrown back in at the moment), Suspension left Japan (Finally). :)

Tomorrow; Make up custom cooler mounts, begin making custom Oil catch can... Hope I remember how to weld!!! :)

OH... I have to go back to work tomorrow arvo... :D :D :(

NOT happy...

Sorry about the short update guys... but I need some sleep!

Cheers,

Dan.