R33 Drift Project

Majanal

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well here we go, Picked up the front bar (thanks MFX) and the new cooler (thanks Hybrid) and I'm heading off for the first of a week of long days on the car!

I will call about my camera today also and hopfully it will also be ready... so you lot can have some pictures also!

Talk soon.

19 days till the car HAS to be ready.

Dan.

The car is in Penrith Mitch. Thanks for the offer... not meaning to be rude in ANY way, but is there some specifics that you can help with, ie wiring and re wiring cars for example.

I don't at all want to be rude, but we are really pushing ahead, and we would like help from anyone that has specific skills and knows what they are doing. At this stage we can't wast any time, and if a helping hand is what you can offer, I REALLY do thank you for your help and offer, but we must push on full ball without directing anyone.

Feel free to come out and watch though, Waterhouse Auto Care in Penrith is where we are building the car, so if you wanna come and look, and see what we are up to then that is fine, all you need to remember is that Jamie is still running his business, so be careful not to get in Jamie's or his customers way. We start at 5:30am tomorrow, see you all there! :D LOL.

UPDATE 01/05/06:

Well a productive day, the car isn't painted, but it is 95% ready to have everything painted.

Today we cut away some excess weight, all be it 20 grams!, but it had a more important need to be GONE! We are going to mount the intercooler further back seeing as all the air con crap is gone now, and the front of the chasie rails are in the way, so air hack saw (how good are they!!!:D) out and away we go, 10 mins later all gone, mark out some holes for the new cooler pipes and done! Damn, it is just so easy at a workshop.

Next was sanding the outside of the car... this is SO MUCH EASIER than the inside... and as a result the car is 95% ready to be painted... pressure is on for tomorrow to have it done... I even started to mask up the lights!

Tomorrow we are starting at 5:30am to get the compression and deck height just right so we can get the head back from the rebuilders, not that it needed anthing more than a tidy up.

Oh and very important news, Hybrid and Bel Garage have come on as sponsors, so get out there and support them also... they are doing a huge job of looking after me with very high quality products and services.

wow this is awesome, I can't wait to see the finished product. You weren't at OP on saturday were you? I'd love to come and say hi adn see the car sometime. In the mean time, keep it up we are all behind you.

Pics are coming... more hopefully friday.

Thanks lingeringsoul, I was at OP on Saturday, although not driving, I was helping as a spanner spinner for the day, oil change, suspension change, under body work, lap timing, tyre changer and the like...

Had fun though next time it WILL be from the driver seat. Feel free to come and say hi anytime, or look for me on the TV? :)

Cheers,

Dan.

The car is in Penrith Mitch. Thanks for the offer... not meaning to be rude in ANY way, but is there some specifics that you can help with, ie wiring and re wiring cars for example.

I don't at all want to be rude, but we are really pushing ahead, and we would like help from anyone that has specific skills and knows what they are doing. At this stage we can't wast any time, and if a helping hand is what you can offer, I REALLY do thank you for your help and offer, but we must push on full ball without directing anyone.

Feel free to come out and watch though, Waterhouse Auto Care in Penrith is where we are building the car, so if you wanna come and look, and see what we are up to then that is fine, all you need to remember is that Jamie is still running his business, so be careful not to get in Jamie's or his customers way. We start at 5:30am tomorrow, see you all there! :ermm: LOL.

I would be just lending a hand, i can do audio installs, (not that they would be needed) but when you say wiring and re wiring what exactually would you be doing?

What time will you be at the 'Rif till tonight?

By rewiring I mean take out the crap we don't need, ie, wiring to the ABS, Hicas, rear wiper, air con etc.

I'll be out that way until about 7ish I guess, but not too sure. At least 5pm.

UPDATE 02-05-06:

OK, well what a day...

Arrived at the workshop at 5:30am, straight into getting the block semi assembled and ccing the pistons at top of stroke to get a value to match to the head and work out where the compression ratio fits... this is done by 8am.

Spent the next hour pulling everything back apart again, and the block went away to be machined, we found that it was a little higher at piston 6 than it was a piston 1.

After that I started to make doubly sure that the car is ready to have the inside painted tomorrow, covered off all the loose ends, and the last windows came out also.

I have prepped the outside over the last 2 days for painting, so that is ready to go as soon as we know what is happen with our current sponsor proposals. I have heard that SKILLED are reviewing the proposal tonight... fingers crossed.

The colour scheme has changed a little over the last week, and I am set on a three colour scheme, just what those colours are is still to be decided, by the end of the week.

The Documentary is coming alone well I think, although I can't be sure as I'm not producing it... but apparently I have to meet some people tomorrow who are very interested in it... better be worth it.

So, time frame is as follows for the next week.

Tomorrow: At shop from 5am to ensure car is ready AND painted, Diff pulled apart ready for reasemble.

Thursday: Spending from 5am putting bits back into the car, Jamie is working back on a big job, so I may be there until 1 or 2 am Friday morning.

Friday: continue working on the car from 5am. Hope to have 30-40% of it finished.

Saturday: More work on the car, if I can get it to 50% then I will be stoked!

Sunday is the day of rest... I will work on modding the house instead...

Monday, early up again, 5am at the shop and at it all day again.

Tuesday, working on Dad's car possibly, otherwise hoping to move the car towards 75% complete.

Wednesday: Last day to work on the car before I go back to work, so I really want it to be a minimum of 75% done otherwise I am in a bit of trouble.

Keep your fingers crossed you lot... I need it this week.

and here are a couple of pictures for you!

Cheers,

Dan.

post-49-1146570493.jpg

post-49-1146570623.jpg

post-49-1146570666.jpg

UPDATE 03-05-06:

I AM BUGGERED!!!! Well I started at the workshop just after 5:30am this morning, I am littereally still in my garage clothes, just washed my hands!

We got a bit done but the car is STILL not painted...

Today I learnt how to build a Diff, and I swapped my (as I found out ) NISMO 1 way out of the housing with the NISMO 2 way as swapped with ABO BOB (Adam), thanks mate, in about 4 hours... pretty happy with that for a first time!... BLOODY hard to get back in... you'll have to watch the documentary if it makes it to air to see more...

Also finished prepping the outside of the car for painting... should look good after it is painted!

I am bloody tired and goint to bed now... need sleep, MAJOR, as I need to be back at the workshop tomorrow by 6am at the latest!

Stay sideways Kids,

Dan.

wow, the car looks scary with NOTHING in it. Hope to see a few pic of newly painted car soon. I'm glad someone is making a drift car out of the beautiful R33 with 20 million silvias around.

Where abouts are you in Penrith? Might pop in on a saturday or sunday to take a peep, promise I won't get in the way. :)

Hey still putting in the hard yards.Will you be working on the car this sunday! I may pop arround there to see for myself.

I like the idea of the doco!If it doesnt make it to air and you get a copy we will have to meet up or somthing so i can get a copy if thats allright with you.

Id imagine that it would make a great discovery channel program.

you will go far dan. keep chasing those sponsors mate, they are getting good value for money i'll bet!

fingers crossed for you that you get far enough along before you go back to work.

Nice work on the 33 Dan.......Will be good to see another 33 out there(apart from Whiplash.....which i believe won't be having a RB25 in it) Will be good to compare them both!

I guess the first meeting will be over here in SA, Hope all gets finnished and your not driving on Dexxies.......lol