SAU Community

R33 Drift Project

Majanal

Princess, we will be getting on the grog in Mallala... I actually have a spare bed if you want... but you better be quick!

Would have loved spinning spanners and laughing at you and all your gay drifter mates but alas I'll be hillclimbing at Dapto. Looks like our mobiles will get a work-out again. Pull your finger out and finish it or you will be be my "Dan the Spanner man".

Neil.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:bahaha:

:laugh:

Yeah I know mate... not too much time now... but I must say I am almost happy that I can't work on it again until monday... I am nearing 525 hours spent on it mostly by myself, huge thanks to Jamie for his technical direction and assistance!!!

We have only now to swap sensors around and bolt the head onto the bottom end... drop it in the car, grab some seats and harnesses and away we go!

Should be running by Wednesday at the latest... then I have to put a piano on it to run it in and try to behave myself... anyone feel like an overnight cruise halfway to melbourne and back!

I'm getting so excited about having it back... can't wait!

Dan.

UPDATE 06-05-06:

Yesterday I also got something REALLY big started... I know you are all going to hate me, but I can't announce anything about the deal yet until it is sealed. BUT... IT is HUGE for me so as soon as I can let it out I will post in here!

No pics today gang, might get some more tomorrow!

Cheers,

Dan.

Spill Spill.... Wahts the news....

UPDATE 10-05-06:

Bottom End complete, Head arrived back today, Turbo ready to bolt up, Wiring in (Just thrown back in at the moment), Suspension left Japan (Finally). :)

Tomorrow; Make up custom cooler mounts, begin making custom Oil catch can... Hope I remember how to weld!!! ;)

OH... I have to go back to work tomorrow arvo... :rofl::) :)

NOT happy...

Sorry about the short update guys... but I need some sleep!

Cheers,

Dan.

Do you have a job dan, after reading this thread it seems you never go to work... have you had the past 525Hours off work? =P

Payday is monday mate, pm me your bank details...

Cheers,

M.

Sindows, I do have a job, but took some annual leave to get the car back on track.

I can't reveal the news just yet, but I will shortly... should be by the end of next week.

Chris, I'll be at the workshop from about 3pm on monday until who knows when, and same for Tuesday and Wednesday. Look forward to seeing you there!

Cool, just wondered...

How many weeks have you spent on it?

Nissan enthusists are funny.

Most people take annual leave to go on a holiday.

We take it for getting our car on the road/building the car.

Cant wait to see the end product...

GL mate!

Chris, I'll be at the workshop from about 3pm on monday until who knows when, and same for Tuesday and Wednesday. Look forward to seeing you there!

spewen, cos 3pm is when i have to leave home for work ...

i'll be there sometime today, few things to organise with jamie, so i'll be checking out your car for sure.

LOL... yeah well you know... gotta do some work here and there on the car...

Lets put it this way, it was pulled off the road on the 28th of November 2005... and it will be back on the road THIS WEEK!!!! so that is what, a solid 6 months of work on the bloody thing, while holding down a full time job and a casual job, trying to mod my house to keep my wife happy, keeping my wife happy, trying to find some bloody sponsorship, make this documentary, and attempt to breathe somewhere along the line also!!! did I miss anything????

Oh... and I go to get the "Special thing" on Friday!!! Can't wait.

Will be playing with it on Tuesday not far from Sydney...

Gotta love some good suspense!

Dan.

Dude what is happening........you better get your entry in ASAP

below is the list of entrants

http://www.driftaustralia.com.au/forum/top...sp?TOPIC_ID=728

Looks like there is gonna be some damn good drifting at this event, with those quality drivers from all over OZ+1 outsider(NZ)

With no Full Lock comp this year DA looks to have the goods!

Edited by Deluxe

went and had a look today Dan, its getting there :rofl:

jamie said he was hoping to get the engine together finally tomorrow, so prob a test start for you on wednesday.. thats good news :D

looking forward to seeing how the new motor goes, with that special turbo you have.

Thanks guys... yeah is coming along, a few hickups tonight... but we'll get them sorted tomorrow and the engine in... if everything goes to plan it will be ready to be driven Friday night late, Monday at the latest.

BRING IT ON!!!!

Oh, and my entry has been sent away. Look for no. 22 in DA :ermm:

Oh... and I go to get the "Special thing" on Friday!!! Can't wait.

Will be playing with it on Tuesday not far from Sydney...

Gotta love some good suspense!

Dan.

You Sir are a very nasty man possum. What will the wifey say.

Neil.