Majanal

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

omg that is a horn car man

ive read teh whole build from the beginning and kept up with the updates and this is one horn car

good to see a relativly uncommon type of car as a drift pig - not a 180, silvia, or a ae86 - but a good old wholesome skyline

ive seen ur old car in hot4's drift sections (at least i think it is anyway) now i look forward to seeing the new one in it

well done

Thanks guys... Yeah it is great to have it all but finished!!! And I do still have a wife!!! :):):):D

Ashley, I don't suppose you remember which issues do you?

And Guys... look out for my top level spin this sunday on Speedweek, SBS around 12 noon.

Cheers and Beers Kids,

Dan.

right

Hot4's issue 134 page 128

its a r33 with number plates "SAC 526"

and ive just realised that that one is not it woops :D

i thought that there was one were i thought i saw it in but i cant remeber which one

oh well - hope too see this version in there sometime :)

HAHAHA... classic!

Oh well... yeah, I might get it in a few mags this year hopefully!

Might be at the Tokyo Drift Premier this friday too!

Did I mention the numbers we got on a VERY conservative tune?

Well I'll tell you again just in case I didn't.

Running 1 bar of boost we recieved 697rwnm of torque from 2200rpm through to 4900rpm and 197rwkw from 2900rpm through to 5400rpm. We are spooling boost from idle though... so perhaps the turbo is a little too small... lol! ( I don't remember the air fuel ratio's, I know it was rich though, might have been around 12.5 to 1???? Was only 150kms to a tank street driving though... we were filling the thing with 20 litres every 4 to 6 laps at Mallala!!!)

This week we are going to lean it out a little, closer to 10.9/11 to 1 air/fuel, and up the boost to 1.3 bar... lets see just how far this turbo will go... we are also thinking with that much torque that we might retard the timing a little for a bit more tyre frying top end.

Either way we have a bigger turbo, manifold and external wastegate set up organised for when we max this one out...

Will let you know the results guys.

Dan.

you need a much bigger turbo dan......

Your kidding Dunnycan,,,700nm sounds like it will drift effortessly. We could employ that think to remove telegragh poles.

Neil.

sounds good dan! that is some serious torque. you got the AFR thing backwards though. 12.5:1 is leaner that 11:1 (air/fuel ratio so higher first number means leaner). 12:1 is probably a fairly safe, but still power producing number, but your tuner will no doubt have his own idea on what is a good target with your set-up and usage in mind.

It's going to rock the house mate.

Hey Guys... Well the build is I guess done... but I am thinking I might continue this thread while I develop the car also...

We had HUGE weekend... even if I did only do 15 laps all weekend... As Neil said, I qualified 8th, which was fantastic, and even though I was giving Denzo a hard time, I Spun and finished 18th... either way I am happy that I made it down, qualified, competed and brought back a working car!

Thanks for all the well wishes and support... I had a massive last month getting the car ready.

Don't forget to watch the footage on Speedweek on the 11th of June.

Cheers Guys,

Dan.

Pic Attached courtosey of www.speedshots.com.au

post-49-1149681259.jpg

Hey.

I like the car.Good to hear that it made it back all in one peice.

What was the power of the car like compared to the old engine?Does it feel lighter and better handeling than before?

I never realised that bel garage was sponsoring you until just recently.I drive past them sometimes after work.Used to look at them and think ive seen that somewhere before but couldnt quite pin it.Now i know.:ermm:

Yeah Bel are coming on board in a quite big way, they have spent plenty of time with the car, so that is good.

In fact just through tuning it last week they have managed to get 25% more top end and another 50nm of torque without upping boost!!! Actually upping boost did really nothing, we gained 4rwkw and 30nm of torque with a 0.3 bar increase... now lets strap that bigger huffer on the side and see what happens!

Had to laugh when I saw the power curve though... shoots straigh up to 197kw by about 3000rpm and basically sits flat all the way to 7000rpm... as for the torque... it is at around 750nm by 2200... gold!!!

Now we have to decided if we go a 30/37 or a 35/40... at this stage we are going to look at the 30/37 with a 38mm external wastegate on a custom manifold... don't think it will be in until after QLD though... as that is only 2 weeks away! :0

Oh, and thanks for getting my AFR around the right way... I hate going by memory.

I actually got some dyno graphs... and left them on the table on Sunday to show the boys when they came around... I would love to claim that one of them knocked their beer over on it and recked them... but it was me... and worst thing was it was when I was only on my first beer!!!!

Must have been too sober : LOL!

Anyway, it'll be back on the dyno on Sunday... I'll try and get a print of a power run then and scan it.

Oh, and we found that the vairable valve timing wasn;t working... this might have been effecting the top end a little, certainly felt better after it was fixed, but still needs more!

Dan.

And I left the Graph at Bel.

Gotta give a huge rap to Jamie at Waterhouse Auto Care, The car is taking a belting straight out of the box and thus far is taking every last bit of it. Even Bel are impressed with the numbers we are pulling with such a fresh engine. Just goes to show that using the right tolernces make a big difference... So yeah, if your within 50kms of Penrith... get out and see Jamie. (4721 7227)

Dyno runs on Sunday produced 206rwkw and 746nm of torque, the AFR was between 10.9 and 11.1, so still pretty rich there, a little more tuning and we should see 230rwkw and 750nm torque before we strap on the new turbo in a couple of weeks, thank to GCG for all there help with that... Bring on 280rwkw of tyre fryin powar!!!

We are off to QLD Thursday night for round 2... totally out of cash, but hey... we have scrapped by before and will do it again..., then a round in NSW to recover before we head to Tassie!

Can't wait to carve it up at QR on Friday... meight even get to look a bit at suspension set up.

Take it easy kids, and stay sideways,

Dan.

Yeah I was down at BEL on Sunday when it was on the dyno, and getting all the roller stuff sorted. Love the exterior of the car... :P Looks awesome!