SAU Community

Group Tint A Car Day

Scotty

Premiere seem to be cheap for a reason..... their tint jobs have noticable gaps around the tops of the windows, something so highly cosmetic is worth spending a few extra bucks on to get a good job.

Premiere seem to be cheap for a reason..... their tint jobs have noticable gaps around the tops of the windows, something so highly cosmetic is worth spending a few extra bucks on to get a good job.

although i wasnt 100% happy (i am very fussy though) with their job, overall people were happy when we organised the group buy...

i have two mates who are interested in a group buy as well, if we can get some sort of numbers (no tyre kickers!) i can call John for you guys...

We've had 3 cars tinted, each by different companies.

In order of preference:

Tint-a-car- good job, the tint has lasted well.

Tint proffessor- got some cut marks on windows (external), possibly caused by blades while they were measuring/cutting film?

Premiere- gappy, wouldn't go back to them, and they do sedans for $100, hardly worth organising a group buy when you can get it that cheap.

We've had 3 cars tinted, each by different companies.

In order of preference:

Tint-a-car- good job, the tint has lasted well.

Tint proffessor- got some cut marks on windows (external), possibly caused by blades while they were measuring/cutting film?

Premiere- gappy, wouldn't go back to them, and they do sedans for $100, hardly worth organising a group buy when you can get it that cheap.

Cool, so has anyone picked a date and a place for this group tint a car?

John from Premier Mitcham organised for us last time the highest quality tint that yhey have (about $400 i think) for $145 for the 35% for the coupes, about $30 or so more for the 4 doors...

most of us got 35% in the front and the 20% on the rears, which makes it legal, for $175 for the coupes..my mates s15 and mine turned out very good, only very faint couple of marks, and a few very small bubles at the rear that cant really be seen...as i said earlier i am very fussy...

so i think Premier tint was good to us, other people please post your thoughts on your tint job from the last group tint..

Hey SKY031

Thanks for keeping this on the agenda.

Just to let people know... I don't have anything to do with organising this... i was just throwing out a few personal opinions in an attempt to help people make an informed decision with their final choice of company.

• 5 weeks later...

i had an Audi done on tuesday and asked John if i could send more members down...

as long as you tell John you are from SAU he will give the group buy discount...

just thought some opf you might still be interested...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys

I sold tint-a-car camberwell 2 years ago and I now do mobile tinting if anyone wants any tinting call me on

I charge you guys $150 for the top of the range films.

www.vipwindowtinting.com.au

Regards Brett Wines

hey brett, are you still using the F1 tint that tint-a-car uses, or something different now?

had F1 on my old car and couldn't fault it....now i've got the 33 with some real dark (love it) japanese tint, but its not the best job...

Hey guys, Bret Wines from Vip window tinting came around this morning to tint my 33. I am happy as with the job, makes a massive difference.

He uses quality tint that F1 use. He does lexus, volvo and even Ford cars. Going just by that you can tell he is very very good at what he does.

Just lettin you know he did a kick ass job, $150 cant go wrong. Even got a lifetime warranty. His num is 0419515511 if your interested.

Ill post pics up later today.

Cheers,

Mark.