SAU Community

window tinting - mirror or dark???

skyline_paul

i need to get some window tinting done and ive read the past threads and it states that the darkest legal tint is 35%....

just wondering what most of you guys have on your skylines like is it 20% or are most of you liners on 35% tints...

Also what would you go for, the mirror finish effect or just the plaine dark tints as i dont want ppl to be checking out whats inside the car

thanks again

wish limo tint was legal,that would keep damn car burglers away.I use a 35% 3M security tint,its expensive but the new trend nowadays especially for audi's and bmw's.One night i heard my alarm and stupidly ignored it.The next day i saw the black rubber on top of the door been like jacked up somehow.My driver mirror just had like a scratch line.No cracks,but had to fix the rubber thing cos the mirror wont go up and down properly.Mine's plain dark tint.Looks good.

3M surcurity tint is good but... most of tint places will only do window bits... that you can see... not the hole lot!

to do that tinting shop must take your door out and tint the whole glass...

what's the point doing surcurity tint when they smash it then ripp it out with hands... especially skylines have no metal surrounding so it is even easier!

so ask them if they can tint whole glass bits!

cheers

Joe

i got the sum,mer breeze on my astina ages ago and i hate it its ugly and looks brown, im going top of the range for my skyline soon, $400 odd but it is well worth getting the formula one, but most likely im going to get a 'under the counter' job and get it darker than legal

hmmm I beg to differ about mirror tint looking "homo gay" ...

PSIKO on this forum has mirror on his Silvia, and in the day time it looks hot. At night time it looks just like dark tint.

Prolly not the best example but the only one I could find for the moment:

4psiko.jpg