SAU Community

Do You Worry About Peak Oil?

CEF11E

So true,

My father works in the oil search field and aparantly there is alot of oil but even so estimates have been gauged around 30 years before we run into a big demand> supply situation.

Anyone with a descent intelligence knows the human race has byfar and for too long over committed itself to oil.

Alot of people just dont understand how many things use and need oil to run/produce etc Nearly every single object infront of me here had oil used in its production.

Now imagine all the things being made around the world that are;

Plastic, paint or have paint, glass, silicon chips, rubber, ink etc etc etc

Not to mention the millions of cars in every country at this very second using oil through fuel, the engine, brake fluid, power steering fluid etc

Its a joke when u really start to break it down.

I think a major fault of humans is our profound (usually comfort driven) ability to wait till theres a problem before we try to fix it.

Either way we are doomed, or more so our children are doomed which annoys me even more, because if we're not using oil to run cars, we are using air.. or water ..

All i hope for is when humans die that we dont take the earth with us.

do i worry about it? no.

can anyone say milenium bug? doomsayers everywhere predicted planes would drop, markets would crash etc etc. i was pretty wasted then so my memory is hazy but i'm pretty sure it didn't happen. just enjoy yours cars now. there will be so many other factors that will shape the world over the next 100 years.

In our lifetimes I believe some very major things will happen.

We'll have some sort of huge war and wipe ourselves out, pollute ourselves to death, run out of oil whatever...

We very sorely need a clean way of harnessing energy, but we also need to flip the world economic markets so wealth isn't oppressing us all.

Till then note where your nearest army base with the steyrs is incase shit hits the fan and you need some firepower.

P.S. We're running out of oil and EVERYTHING we use/consume/need to maintain our level of living will become scarce or non existant.