SAU Community

Another Rb25 Top Feed Injector Thread

Yep, one of the sets you sold to my mate in Newcastle had a lot of problems with fitment, was quite the muck around. This was the stainless 1400cc E85 injectors btw.

(This should not be read as blaming Scotty in any way, we had heard that it would be difficult to fit them and they would just fit under there. Turns out just fits is an understatement on an R33 RB25 plenum)

That was me, it was quite a hassle in fitting them and mucking around but worked out in the end.

Ok.

The spacers where to long had to be machined down.

Had to take out the idle control had to be taken out because it was hitting the rail.

The o-rings in the bossers had to be changed to smaller so the bossers could fit in the inlet manifold.

The o-rings on the end of the injecters that go in to the bossers had to be changed so they would not leak as well.

Thats what feedback I got from the guy who I got to install them, just some feed back

Well the car is still a street car so I was trying to keep the "factory" looking engine bay, but guess i have gone well past that now haha, doesn't help when I have the external wastegate on the rear housing sticking straight up haha.

But yea, FFP is on the cards eventually

• Like 1

If it were possible to have a banjo fitting with a 90 degree tube facing back along the top of the rail it would look standardish to uneducated eyes . Trouble is most rails have those O Ring Boss female sockets and I'm not sure if there is suitable banjo fittings for them . I looked at Weber carburettor ones but the sticking point is their 14mm threads .

The drama is that the aftermarket wants to sell gear that looks like race stuff - all pretty anodised for those who want to stand out . Stealth takes a bit more effort to find ways that look like OE . I'm really surprised rails aren't made to suit commonly available plain looking banjo fittings because slipping on and clamping fuel hoses could be so easy .

A .

Um......the reg doesn't have to be bolted to the rail. Just screw a fitting into the rail, drop a length of hose down under the manifold where the reg can be attached somewhere. Job done. Paint the rail with a paint that looks like cad plating. Even a light dusting of cold-gal would do to make it look scruffy and unloved. Instant camo.

• Like 1

My train of thought was to have the fuel supply and return as a manufacturer would and enough have banjo fittings if they enter and exit the ends of the rail .

The way I see it the head of a Banjo bolt is a lot tougher than an aluminium barb or bend and better supported . If the Banjos outlet went back over the nose of the rail it would be simple to connect it up with the standard hard lines and park a reg where the damper is on a standard R33 . Same at the back with a hose over the rail leading back into the standard return line . Some RB25s had a steel line clamped to the std rail rather than the fixed one brazed in at the back like my S2 one has .

You can't get more factory appearing than standard parts so the more you use the less molested it looks .

A .

Which one did you get again? I got my kit from Kudos Motorsport today, it all looks so pretty :) haha

The rail looks pretty cool, although not sure how it would go under a stock manifold. Seen as that isn't a concern for me, I'm not real worried

I'm just wondering now if I'll keep the fuel damper or not. I like keeping everything that came on the car (where it doesnt need upgrading/touching) so I'll probably end up keeping it

20140828_111103_zpsd8884hkv.jpg

Fair enough :)

I'm going to make a new injector harness up with the NIssan plug (8 pin?) at one end and the USCAR plugs at the other end so I can run it nice and neat and be happy that its all new. Have a mate that gets all the Nissan plugs for his stock so shouldnt be to hard once I get some USCAR ones. harness could probably use with a freshen up seen as I've already pulled it apart and re-taped it up once before.

Update:

Injector kit bolted straight up, no mucking about, no grinding OR relocating any hoses as such. After bolting up all the parts, went into WARI and adjusted my injector scaling & voltage offset table. Fired up the car, started first go on E85 (it never did before with the Five-O Side feeds).

I am very impressed, dicked around with the VE table and got them to idle at 15.7 AFR (gasoline scale). Car idled without any farts & pops, etc. I must say new age injectors are just wonderful.. with low pulse widths and great spray pattern - it makes a world of a difference. To be honest, I don't think I've heard my car idle that nice - even when stock!

I didn't get much of a chance to do any tuning as I threw out my back at the gym.. been in loads of pain, however will be doing some touch ups tonight after work..

I CAN'T WAIT :D

Update:

Injector kit bolted straight up, no mucking about, no grinding OR relocating any hoses as such. After bolting up all the parts, went into WARI and adjusted my injector scaling & voltage offset table. Fired up the car, started first go on E85 (it never did before with the Five-O Side feeds).

I am very impressed, dicked around with the VE table and got them to idle at 15.7 AFR (gasoline scale). Car idled without any farts & pops, etc. I must say new age injectors are just wonderful.. with low pulse widths and great spray pattern - it makes a world of a difference. To be honest, I don't think I've heard my car idle that nice - even when stock!

I didn't get much of a chance to do any tuning as I threw out my back at the gym.. been in loads of pain, however will be doing some touch ups tonight after work..

I CAN'T WAIT :D

What CC are the DEKAs you got and are they the 1/2 length ones?

875cc / 80lb DEKA IV and yes, 1/2 length - 38mm from O-ring to O-ring..

Yesterday arvo when I started the car, I nearly cried :wub: - it was beautiful... cold start on E85 without any gay pops, farts and stalling.

Good work for taking the plunge will keep this option in mind if my fiveo's ever deceide to die. how much did it all cost u?

Good work for taking the plunge will keep this option in mind if my fiveo's ever deceide to die. how much did it all cost u?

Under 800$ including fittings, hoses, etc.

However if something goes wrong I will cry, zero local warranty support, zero go to person.

I'm just too poor to buy IDs or Xspurt lol

So do Xspurt. There are many sizes available in the half height, that isn't the issue. The problem is no-one has a drop in top feed solution for the 33 gtst, you need to muck around with fittings, spacers etc. If I can work it out I will be able to offer a guaranteed to fit solution for those who aren't willing or unable to modify parts to fit.

If you get shorty injectors and any generic RB rail kit the only thing that needs to be modified is the spacers and shorter bolts need to be used than the ones provided with the rail kit.....I think I used 2 of the standard spacers and the standard bolts from memory....its not rocket science....

What are your opinions on the ID/Xspurt 2000's, will they idle and behave as good as the 1000's? cause they would make fitment a lot easier and neater.

Edited by AngryRB

The 1000's come in short lengths too Mark, how would they help with fitment?

Unfortunately the 2000's have some issues, especially on ethanol. They are not designed for liquid fuels as they are natural gas injectors. They idle fine, although I try to recommend the 1400cc stainless Xspurts these days for fuel compatibility.