SAU Community

Need A New Clutch?

Nismo Super Coppertwin or the Spec C version end of story!

This man speaks the truth! Those who have these in their car won't go to anything else...Myself included!

Ive had a Jim Berry "race clutch" in my 33 for the last 18 months and it has never slipped and was running 300rwkw. I know have closer to 400kw and even a 6500 launch and slicks still didnt slip. They are awesome.

stock drive shaft, gearbox an diff?

if so how they holding up with the high rev launchs??

an what times you been running? ?

• 3 weeks later...

speaking of nismo super copper mix twin plates

RHD Japan is having a sale for a lot of stuff including this clutch, usually fetches 2.5k easily. Managed to grab one for 2k delivered

be quick, only on for a few more days

http://www.rhdjapan.com/nismo-super-coppermix-twin-plate-clutch-r34-bnr32-bcnr33-15111

• 1 month later...

Just fitted an NPC 10", organic, heavy duty clutch (good for up to 300rwkw) and it is a thing of beauty.

It has a very nice progressive feel to it that the stock clutch didn't (it was likely on it's last legs when replaced)

If the pedal is heavier than stock then not by any amount that I can notice (see above).

The best thing is that it was only half the price of a JB clutch!

In fact I got a steel billet lightened flywheel (also very nice) and the clutch from NPC (plus half the labour costs to install it) for less than the cost of a JB clutch (no exchange required).

I'm sure Jims clutches are good but fark me they are expensive! (way too much $$ for me to justify the spend)

I am only running 244rwkw so don't need the full monty even though that's what I was being "up-sold" to...

Edited by Checkbuzz

• 2 weeks later...

Car will be back on the road tomorrow with a custom JB clutch - built out of my old extreme HD clutch that was apparently using the highest rated Nismo pressure plate and diaphragm - Looking forward to seeing the difference as I wasn't terribly keen on the clutch as it came from extreme, and it only lasted a year (with no drags being in Adelaide and barely a handful of mild launches).

Will report back after I've driven it over the weekend.

Just fitted an NPC 10", organic, heavy duty clutch (good for up to 300rwkw) and it is a thing of beauty.

It has a very nice progressive feel to it that the stock clutch didn't (it was likely on it's last legs when replaced)

If the pedal is heavier than stock then not by any amount that I can notice (see above).

The best thing is that it was only half the price of a JB clutch!

In fact I got a steel billet lightened flywheel (also very nice) and the clutch from NPC (plus half the labour costs to install it) for less than the cost of a JB clutch (no exchange required).

I'm sure Jims clutches are good but fark me they are expensive! (way too much $ for me to justify the spend)

I am only running 244rwkw so don't need the full monty even though that's what I was being "up-sold" to...

+1 for me too. Very helpful, and had the clutch and flywheel delivered in 3 days.

Car will be back on the road tomorrow with a custom JB clutch - built out of my old extreme HD clutch that was apparently using the highest rated Nismo pressure plate and diaphragm - Looking forward to seeing the difference as I wasn't terribly keen on the clutch as it came from extreme, and it only lasted a year (with no drags being in Adelaide and barely a handful of mild launches).

Will report back after I've driven it over the weekend.

Update: This may well be the first bad thing said about JB on here (sorry JB!) - got the clutch back from QLD, put the car back together and we couldn't get it into gear at all. Turns out JB made a mistake and somehow sent the wrong pressure plate. Oops!

Waiting for the correct one now...

• 1 month later...

hey guys just recently fitted a twin plate nismo coppermix in an r32 gtr. Drives really nice, no shudder and pedal felt lighter than stock. One thing though im not sure if other nismo users experience the same thing but the pedal sits really high

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys

I've always heard jb have a good rep but have had 2 mates with problems from jim, the first was a stock rx-7 fd and got the clutch back and terrible shuddered and was just a light switch, and the second was a supra and couldn't get it into gear both where traced back to mistakes by jim.

Just installed a new NPC 10" heavy duty organic clutch and new flywheel. OMG, the car drives so much better now. Can highly recommend this NPC clutch. Rated to 300rwkw +. Handles the power and is so easy to drive.

You guys with mostly standard cars could also have a look at Gripforce/F1 racing clutches too, i have one in my 300ZX and they are great. They are cheap and pretty big over on the 300ZX forums, my 6 button clutch was $750 installed and has 250% clampforce increase over stock. I know that R33 GTSt and 300ZX NA clutches are interchangeable, 300ZXTT however are a fair bit bigger. Just throwing it out there, you guys don't need to spend heaps on clutches if you aren't making huge power.

Edited by Super Drager

• 1 month later...

well my 3 month old 10' carbonic NPC clutch welding to my flywheel,

clutch sliped on a launch car is making 340rwkw with street tyres.. not sure how but we'll see what thet say i have sent it back to them to check out.

so got the call off NPC on Wednesday.

they seemed very helpful, they have rebuilt the clutch plate and are sending it back for me today. after sales service seems great.

will report back once the clutch is in and all good.

so got the call off NPC on Wednesday.

they seemed very helpful, they have rebuilt the clutch plate and are sending it back for me today. after sales service seems great.

will report back once the clutch is in and all good.

did they give any explanation,? or use a different material this time ? I used to do it heaps with my old JB single, got the point where every time I launched even with no riding the clutch it would weld :domokun: