SAU Community

Would It Be Worth Blowing 2 19" Tyres At Wsid

MadManz

Would it be worth while blowing 2 19" Tyres on the WSID Burnout pad?

We are doing some work to our skyline and have a spair set of 19" Wheels which we thought would be cool to Blow on the Burn Out Pad at WSID on a Wednesday night!!!!

So tell us what you think?

1 - Blow the 19" Wheels and Tyres

2 - Blow Stock Rims and Tyres

We are fitting a mechanical Diff next week, and hopefully the week after we will go till we blow!!!

if you want some 2nd hand 19" rubber go into payless tyres in chullora and ask for jeff. tell him joe with the yellow r33 sent you. ive sold my 19s so i dont need them.

he had 2 sitting at his shop the last time i went, he told me 100-120 for the pair and i think they had 80% tread.

please do it. just picture how good you'll look when you are dragging your nice cast, chrome rims on the ground, as a big chunk of steel belted radial starts bashing against your rear quarter panel. if that's not going to prove how good you are and how rich you are, nothing will.

Just my opinion. You'll get the same enjoyment out of smoking out a set of 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 or 19" tyres. There is no point to kill the 19s. Just kill the stock 16s.

Regarding the crowd's opinion, do you care what a bunch of mullet ridden, no shoe wearing, buckteethed, singlet wearing, beer bellied, inbred redneck bogans think?

lol regardless of wat sorta skid it pulls those redneck morons will call it shit cause it aint no v8 maateeeeee

No, the fact that there has not been one decient Burnout from a Skyline or any form of turbo car would be the case...

1. You don't win un-less you blow the tyres.

2. Shit Loads of smoke is required.

3. Those Beer Bellied Rednecks in the Crowd is what Judges the Burnout Comp.

4. The Skyline is getting a new rear bar, new side pods, new side skirts, and a Paint Job, so if it scratches the side pannel, I don't really care.

5. The 19" wheels are spare wheels (old wheels we took of the car) I get the tyres for nothing..........

Those Reasons are why I was going to blow the 19" Tyres over Stock...

Oh, I didn't realise you were actually competing. I htought you just wanted a place to blow them legally.

In that case, put the 19s on and smoke em hard. Start in first. Then shift into second. Then third if your car has enough power. That should give heaps of smoke.

Keep smoking them hard. I've seen a video of a car doing a third gear burnout where the rubber got so molten due to the high rpm that when the metallic belt started sparking, the rubber caught on fire. That should get the crowd's attention.

Keep smoking it until the tyre pops, then keep giving it some. Keep them spinning and shred the rims right down.

The crowd should go absolutely wild and you'll win. Doesn't matter about the rims, afterall, they're spare right?

oh, please take camera and make a movie. We wanna see :P

ROFL, thats right, I know how to do a burnout... we will run the skyline to around 15psi, with a mechanical diff center (LSD) 19" Nankangs as they smoke well, and holding it around 6,500 - 7,500rpm in either second or third...

I will prolly start in second as the rears are in the water, dont move for 5 or 10 sec's till its nice and loose, then bang it into 3rd get it to 7,000rpm and have fun!!!!

easy...

we will pull some power steering fluid out as that is what causes most engine fires, but it should do the trick...

But the purpose of this post is:

I have spare ROH Drift R 19" Wheels and Tyres which I will blow in the Burnout Comp

or Stock rims and tyres !!!

19" Wheels would be sweet and live up to my name!!! like always