SAU Community

Rb30det/tt Gtr Conversion Thread

rev210

agreed, unfortunately it is almost certainly a blocked oil gallery. There are pressed in plugs at the end of each gallery that you can pull out to clean (then tap and put a grub screw in. Those galleries are tiny and easily blocked

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

So use the rb30 brackets with 26 pumps...sweet !!

Looking at getting the pistons soon so the block can go for machining,

Is it worth the extra $30 per pin to upgrade to 9310 wrist pins? Or the standard ones in the set are more then enough?

• 1 month later...

Ok, been through all 14 pages and no clear answer yet, what is the easiest/neatest way to do the intercooler hoses from twin turbo pipe to chassis and from chassis to plenum ? I am thinking just get a hard pipe kit but would like to hear what others have done, there was one member that had silicone hose and it went back on but the stock hoses won't, ideas - experiences ?

I had silicone stock hoses and had 2 custom pipes made which had a lip on each end so that when I cut the hose in the middle where it was straight, I extended both pipes and simply used hose clamps.

Cost was a $10 mod and it never came off on constant 23psi :)

cheers for the replies guys but cutting the factory 34 pipes isn't really an option as i plan on put a 26 back in it at some point,

I think I have come up with a solution though, turns out the 32 hoses are a bit longer then the 33/34 ones and they seem to line up perfectly,

I've fitted the one from the chassis to the plenum already and it is a perfect fit just can't for the life of me find the spear one for the other side, will post a pic when I get it done