SAU Community

Rb30det/tt Gtr Conversion Thread

rev210

ps i use the spool rods/cp piston package, proengines sump adapter, acl bearing, n1 oil/water pumps. 6 boost turbine kit, os giken quad plate clutch. car runs 8 bar oil pressure cold @ idle 5 bar hot @ idle. and it goes like a train.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great result witht he GT4094R rockabliiy!

I keep changing my mind on what i want to build, here is my thought process over the last year:

mild 2.6 - modded 2.6 - 3.0 with low mounts - 3.0 with neo head with medium-big single

So my question to you is: Why did you end up going for the GT4094R instead of the GT40R (GT4088R)?

And are you happy with the response compared to ur old GT35R?

great result witht he GT4094R rockabliiy!

I keep changing my mind on what i want to build, here is my thought process over the last year:

mild 2.6 - modded 2.6 - 3.0 with low mounts - 3.0 with neo head with medium-big single

So my question to you is: Why did you end up going for the GT4094R instead of the GT40R (GT4088R)?

And are you happy with the response compared to ur old GT35R?

also interested to find out

hi guys, the gt35r was good spooled hard around 3500rpm with a 1.06 rear, it was a single t3 entry and looked like if was fading off towards 6500-6800rpms, talked to kyle @ 6 boost and to be honest it was a toss up between the 4088r and the 4094r. but there is no comparison, the gt4094r with a .96rear is a fooking animal.t4 twin scroll, full boost thats 2.5 bar by 5300, 1 bar by 3300. and it comes on so hard at 70mph in 3rd when you plant it all 4 wheel wheelspin.

rockabilly.

How is its response in the quicker reving second gear? Where abouts do you see 1bar there or does it tend to feel like its just reving until the last few hundred rpm where it hits hard?

hi guys, the gt35r was good spooled hard around 3500rpm with a 1.06 rear, it was a single t3 entry and looked like if was fading off towards 6500-6800rpms, talked to kyle @ 6 boost and to be honest it was a toss up between the 4088r and the 4094r. but there is no comparison, the gt4094r with a .96rear is a fooking animal.t4 twin scroll, full boost thats 2.5 bar by 5300, 1 bar by 3300. and it comes on so hard at 70mph in 3rd when you plant it all 4 wheel wheelspin.

2.5bar?! What fuel do you run in this config?

• 2 months later...

how much torque and whp are your RB30/26 producing ? do you race 1/4 mile ? do you have a dyno chart ?

how much torque and whp are your RB30/26 producing ? do you race 1/4 mile ? do you have a dyno chart ?

hi mate , well where to start. torque was 620lbs @ the fly no graph, bhp was 610 @ the hubs/wheels. and dyno chart below, haven,t 1/4 mile it yet. still on std gtr box which it will break if i do, mainly use the car for track work and road .

rb30flywheelfigure.jpg

on the graph car ran 1.85bar boost but the wastgate spring was to weak, since then we haved upped the spring and boost to 2.6 bar, will be intersting to dyno this year.

here,s a clip when it ran at anglesey north wales at 1.3bar november 08.

th_anglesey5.jpg

i didnt expect u to lose the car on that last corner - looks like a nice track with water views :D reminiscent of phillip island

were u shifting @ 8000rpm? who said rb30's cannot rev :D

you're not running a blow off valve right? the sound of turbo lag reminds me of my previous 3 cars & i love that sound!

what fuel system & injectors are u running?

Edited by Marko R1

i didnt expect u to lose the car on that last corner - looks like a nice track with water views :P reminiscent of phillip island

were u shifting @ 8000rpm? who said rb30's cannot rev :)

you're not running a blow off valve right? the sound of turbo lag reminds me of my previous 3 cars & i love that sound!

what fuel system & injectors are u running?

cheers mate. shifting aroung 7600-7800 but went to 8350 a couple of times, logged on the ecu, yep braked a little late at the entry to the left hander..lol

bov,s yes twin blitz super seqentials,cant hear them over the turbo..

fuel is shell 98 ron, 1000cc,s injectors, twin entry rail,twin tomei intank pumps feeding rail at bothe ends, 10mm return to tank..

cheers mate. shifting aroung 7600-7800 but went to 8350 a couple of times, logged on the ecu, yep braked a little late at the entry to the left hander..lol

bov,s yes twin blitz super seqentials,cant hear them over the turbo..

fuel is shell 98 ron, 1000cc,s injectors, twin entry rail,twin tomei intank pumps feeding rail at bothe ends, 10mm return to tank..

Nice vid there Rock.

I don't think I have ever seen anyone drive so carefully and sedatly on a track before!!! GO FOR IT!!! lol.

engine's only in for clearance purposes, dry sump/exhaust/bonnet. i've just got a new head so theres heaps of work still to do :D

just took these 2 pics. thinking back now i did put the t-piece on b4 the sump, and looking at it now, i agree with scooby that theres no way u could get it on/off with the sump on lol

1001093xk4.th.jpg1001094vg9.th.jpg

come on scoobs, just call me a ricer :cool:

here's another way of running the oil drain with a custom sump.

oildrain001uh9.th.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi guys. Please help me here any advice would be appreciated. This was my set up: RB30det block honed out to 3.2L< forged rods and pistons, port and polished rb25 head, stock cams and cam gears, bosch coils, cheap s*** GT45 turbo and waste gate, top mount manifold, greedy plenum, 80mm throttle body, 800cc injectors, jun oil pump, microtec ltx12s ecu. Was running perfect at 450hp at the wheels tuned by dyson rotary.

That's how i bought the car:

Now i stripped the rb25 head off and replaced it with a r32GTR head from spool import. CNC ported, Good valves(not sure what type), HKS 282 cams, tommie cam gears, Turbonetics GTK1000 turbo, Turbonetics waste gate, 6BOOST top mount manifold, STANDARD GTR PLENUM ( not sure if this is a let down), sard fuel rail, sard 820cc twin spray injectors, One in tank bosch fuel pump that feeds to a catch can with 2 bosch 040 taking fuel from catch can to fuel reg. Eboost2.

So that's a list of what i have added to it. It now only makes 430hp at the wheels on 24psi and runs like shit. where or what have I done wrong. Or what have I left out. Maybe it's my tuner. Any good tuners that are recommended around Brisbane or gold coast Please let me know as well.

Thanks for your help. And please email me at [email protected]

Thanks

post-40332-1245076425_thumb.jpg

post-40332-1245076441_thumb.jpg

post-40332-1245076468_thumb.jpg

dude uve already got this in one thread, doesnt need to be here aswell

use the forum well, its full of knowledgeable people and lots of good info, but dont spam it.

if you keep all the responses to your question in your original thread it will be easier for you, and anyone looking it up in the future to keep track of.

admins and mods: feel free to delete my post when you deem appropriate in the interest of keeping the thread consice and on topic

Edited by Kranker

• 2 weeks later...