SAU Community

Rb30det/tt Gtr Conversion Thread

rev210

Looks like you will be sporting a stock bonnet with a bogan bonnet scoop eh Shano. Gotta love that Ippy look bud. :)

nope, gonna have to gulp at a custom carbon jobbie, not gonna like the bill i think :O

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go the bogan mate. save the money for more go fast bits. Just head out to town and country and pick up a coal shovel. remove the handle, turn it upside down and hey Presto. you have a genuine ippy bonnet scoop. :O

nope, gonna have to gulp at a custom carbon jobbie, not gonna like the bill i think :O

Only the support beam is what fouls, from the outside it won't look any different. The bonnet its self is fine.

Both with the wider gtr upper cam belt cover and the narrower rb25 upper cam belt cover.

Only the support beam is what fouls, from the outside it won't look any different. The bonnet its self is fine.

Both with the wider gtr upper cam belt cover and the narrower rb25 upper cam belt cover.

so theres enough meat in the stock bonnet that it can be chopped out????

doest matter what pump you use, it will still break if you rev it to much or bounce it off the limiter. crank collar or not

am flirting with the idea of a dry sump.

but if an external pump would suffice i'd be happy with that....mark uses an external on his drag 32 gtr (the godzilla msports one) seems to do the job, wadda reckon dave?

Who would be interested in an oil pump that solved the gear cracking problems? A new oil pump, CNC machined and hard anodised billet 7075 aluminium housing, CNC machined billet 4140 chrome moly gears, nitrided and isotropic finished rather than the powdered metal of the other pumps around. Gears will be 2mm wider than standard Nissan. The pump will bolt straight on and fit all the standard accessories, timing belt cover, crank seal, sump etc. Should be available in the next 8 weeks or so. Or a set of billet 4140 chrome moly gears, nitrided and isotropic finished to fit the standard or N1 pump housing?

We are just finishing the development of the pumps, should be doing some testing in around 3 weeks. I don't have a definite cost but it should be competitive with the Jun or Trust pumps.

At the moment it doesn't have an external adjustable pressure relief, though we could probably incorporate it without too many problems, it could be a good idea.

As for isotropic finishing, have a look at http://www.hiperformancesurfacefinishing.com/products.html, should answer some questions.

• 3 weeks later...

Yep, we've been doing some work on them over the last few weeks and have decided to make the gears we will be using in our pump the same width as the Jun ones as we only need to make the outer gear a different diameter on the OD to fit the Jun pump housing. The tooth form is different though, similar to a Toyota pump so you will need to fit the gears as a pair. We have a batch of gear blanks machined up in standard and wide widths, we just need to finalise the tooth form and make the jigs for the EDM machine. Hopefully they will be done in the next month, while it's being done we are building a pump dyno to test them on. The plan is to be able to run them up to 13,000 or so revs and different pressures. If anyones interested I'll snap some photos as we get to that stage.

i take it these pumps will fit any RB block and RB Crank? If so you should start a new thread in the performance mods section. I for one don't normally read the RB30 GTR conversion thread but i'm glad i found your post cause i'd be interested in one for my RB26 stroker.

Cheers

Paul

Who would be interested in an oil pump that solved the gear cracking problems? A new oil pump, CNC machined and hard anodised billet 7075 aluminium housing, CNC machined billet 4140 chrome moly gears, nitrided and isotropic finished rather than the powdered metal of the other pumps around. Gears will be 2mm wider than standard Nissan. The pump will bolt straight on and fit all the standard accessories, timing belt cover, crank seal, sump etc. Should be available in the next 8 weeks or so. Or a set of billet 4140 chrome moly gears, nitrided and isotropic finished to fit the standard or N1 pump housing?

We are just finishing the development of the pumps, should be doing some testing in around 3 weeks. I don't have a definite cost but it should be competitive with the Jun or Trust pumps.

Paul, they will bolt straight up with no mods and accept the standard timing belt cover etc. We are moving the relief valve to the intake side of the engine, outside the sump so you will be able to shim and adjust the pressure if you need to, the pump will run at typical pressure as it comes. The other benefit is that the pump should be able to be removed with the sump still fitted as it doesn't have the relief valve boss hanging down inside the front of the sump. We are also eventually going to be doing an external dry sump pump which will be a bolt on setup to replace the original pump but this is still a few months away.

The pump gears should have been ready in the next week or so but we have spent the last couple of weeks designing a new sump adapter for the RB30 blocks. I fitted one to an engine yesterday and it takes around an hour start to finish, the oil pickup is internal and bolts on. We wanted something that makes it an easy job so we spent heaps of time digitising the block and sump and getting it all to mate up properly. The plate is 10mm laser cut steel, all the holes are CNC drilled and tapped and silicone reliefs are CNC milled in the plate. The plan is to offer the kit with everything, the plate, pickup, templates for the 7 notches to be cut in the sump rail to clear the heads of the bolts that replace the original studs in the sump, all the fasteners required, loctite and detailed instructions for under $1000. The idea is that anyone (with some basic mechanical knowledge and tools) can fit the plate themselves without any hassles, misalignment or leaks or the need to have their own machine shop.

Cheers,

Greg.

With the stock bonnet the top cam belt cover fouls the bonnet support beams. Both GTR and GTS4.

Some one did mention that the cefiro rwd cross members mount/position the motor lower. Quite possible its the same for the cefiro 4wd crossmembers. Chances of finding a 4wd cefiro cross member is pretty slim, and even then it may not bolt up.

You'd have to be extremely careful of the CV angles that would result though if it did fit- even normal GT-Rs that are lowered end up with fairly radical CV drive angles. Especially when you factor in operation on different planes once you introduce more negative camber or add castor.

hi all any update on the sump adapter plate greg...

Just finishing off the pickup, we've gone for weld together bends using a sleeve and tig welded where they join to make it lower profile in the sump. Should have the pickups done in the next day or two. I've advertised them on ebay to gauge interest and by the look of it there is a bit. I'd like to advertise them on SAU, any idea who I contact about advertising? Sorry about the mobile phone photos, should have some proper ones done soon.

Cheers,

Greg.

post-8303-1179117681_thumb.jpg

post-8303-1179117695_thumb.jpg

post-8303-1179117707_thumb.jpg