SAU Community

How Much Profit Would And Import Yard Mkae On A Car?

My friend just bought a V35 and paid in the high 40's for it. Just out of interest how much Profit would the car yard have made from the car? It was an import yard so im guessing they get all the compliance done at a good price.

Coupe or 4 door?

I'll have a stab and say $10k profit ?

Thats why the dealers will be jumping on these.. don't think they're so interested in R33's anymore, as the profit margins must only be a couple of $k these days, and hard to shift.

When jo "know nothing about cars" walks in and sees a 350z for $50k second hand, and a V35 for like maybe close to $50k.. and the V35 is more optioned and maybe the different factor.. thats the types of buyers dealers would be looking fro.

even though i know nothing about the variant the car is, or how much they bought it for in japan, or how much their supplier charges FOB or how much their shipping was or how much their compliance cost them, or how much their rent costs them, or how much they pay in wages, i can confidently say they made exactly $3.50. that's right....threee fitty. not bad.

A guy I knew (jap car yard owner/importer told me he paid $3,800 less shipping ? & compliance ? for a 95/96 R33 auto he was selling for $18K, and he was getting S13s and 180s for $1,500 to $3,000 and was selling them for $12-16, this was a few back now, the manual 33s were over $20k, he was'nt doing it tuff, but rent on a major strip (Parra Rd) isn't cheap in Sydney either.

Iv seen decent 180 sx's 1992 5 speeds go for less than 220000 yen at auction. Ive seen slightly shabby 1990 R32 GTR's with minor mods go for 400000 yen. 1 aussie dollar = roughly 86 yen. You do the math

How longs a piece of string???

Well it depends! some are really small, like the ones that go around your wrist. Others are longer, for example putting a string up from one place to another to create a clothes line. Normally a piece of string is as long as you measured it in the first place, so if you wanted to cut a 30cm piece you would measure it... so the string would be 30 cm.

Another example would be if you needed a 80 cm piece of string.... you would measure the string piece you were cutting and then you would cut it at exactaly 80cm...so the string would be 80cm.

12.3cm + 8 cm for the tampon, makes for a snug fit for all you regular boyz :O and nice and tight for us above average felas ^^

sexual references work there way into everything a 20-25 yr old writes eh?

i blame females for looking so good eh

Back on track now.

I traded in my previous RB20 Silvia (had issues and was glad to be rid of it). From memory I think they gave me about $8k for it. Gave it a cheap respray, and probably cleaned it up a bit....It was then advertised for about $18k, and sold pretty quickly.