SAU Community

29th May Oran Park Gp Track Day

OZ GTR35

I nearly shat myself first time doing 170 or something on last track day coz it felt so close to the wall :P Probably on one ocassion I did 180 but all focus was on the brake at that moment. Beside having fun I still intended to drive the to work on Monday so . . . :P

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well Paul I reckon I would be in this one. Just spoke with GTR Jason who nearly has his R32 GTR going to finally get out and give me a hard time. He said he will push to have car ready for this one.

yeah true, but i dont know that an auto 33 will even hit 180, and being first time out he will be hard on the brakes bro! on the brakes! at the kink :D

good point though, just be aware of it wink, but dont let it stop you.

*LoL*

Not much chance of making the turn/stopping in time for the next corner if you don't ease off a bit at the kink.

depends what you driving. would you believe me if i told you that an S13 running a stock motor, stock turbo, stock intercooler just big oil cooler big rev limit and big boost can do 1:20 flat around the GP circuit with 2 people in the car (one of them over 80kgs!)? and i can tell you he's not braking (much) before the kink! personally i'm braking well before it.

depends what you driving. would you believe me if i told you that an S13 running a stock motor, stock turbo, stock intercooler just big oil cooler big rev limit and big boost can do 1:20 flat around the GP circuit with 2 people in the car (one of them over 80kgs!)? and i can tell you he's not braking (much) before the kink! personally i'm braking well before it.

*LoLz*

Yeah...me too. Don't have quite that level of commitment on Ziex's :D

Plenty of room too improve on my 1:27, then.

well part of it has to do with no straight line speed, a more powerfull car arrives there much faster and need to brake. but he had the combo of:

light car

good suspension

no power

huge nuts

so can carry maxiumum speed through there, then hard on the brakes for turn 2. he certainly taught me a few things. he is pretty much as quick around GP as GTR jason (400kw track only GTR with dog box) and a guy with a GT3 porsche and john etc.

Respek :angry:

I think you summed it up well.

Light cars with good suspension/chassis and tyres will always have the advantage over heavy-ish cars like GT-Rs as far as ultimate cornering speed goes, and like you said, he probably doesn't arrive there with quite as much speed anyway, and being light, the brakes have an easier time into turn 1, too.

Prolly explains why Fatz could manage a 1:29 in an atmo RB30 Silvia, and I only went 2 seconds better.

i am keen to come to a track day and the first and only track day i did was a when the fats day was on the the main track, i was in my lil NXr coupe, now i hope to do alot better in my 31, i just got to get the day off work, and pehaps ask my boss for any slicks from his raceing car he dose not want anymore :/

good 1.5 seconds in not braking for the kink

rich 1.20 in a silvia sounds about right my turbo stocker did a 1.24 around the gp with retread tyres (man im a tight arse)

had some coilovers

hi never done a track day but am interested,what would tyre wear be like on road tyres ,would i need a new set after the day?

slight mods with 290rwkw & ohlins suspension all round

not aiming to drive the tyres off it, but have heard that the track eats street tyres!

Is there timing for this day?

I hit oneeighty a few times every got it to about oneninety.

my car = 174RWKW

You will have fun though mate!

guys this sounds great. I have been planning to do this sort of driver training/ track day for a while now. Never been on the track before though. Will there be at least some beginner level training with the instructors?

Overall the day sounds great ill arrange day off and send application if all goes well.

hahah pete we saw yuor lock ups after trying to flat thru the kink.....skylines are just too fast to pull that trick off without great tyres.

but the mighty woos used to be flat thru there, led to some HGE offs there sometimes