SAU Community

Rb Head Vs Jz Head

What if you had a 1J or 2J in your Skyline....I think I read correctly at the top where it says 'Skylines Australia' or is it just Skylines that have RB's fitted Australia?

Open your mind a bit.

So if a 2J head flowed more i put that on my RB26 bottom end?

;)

I know dennis had a 2j in there already ;)

I love the RB engines. They are great. especialy a rb30det =)

But if anyone asked me what is cheaper to get power from the 1J wins hands down.

Ive got friends with less mods then me making much more power then me. Its not fair.

I have already blown one engine (which is why i went to the 3 litre) and there still making more power then me on there original engine.

*shrug* I still wont buy toyota because im a Datsun man through and through but I must say Toyota dont do too bad for a Toyota :O

The turbo on the other side was not a problem for me, even though it was my first engine conversion and my first attempt at making an exhaust. If anyone is worried about this and its the reason they don't want to fit a JZ itno their skyline PM me about it.

How did you stop the brake fluid and clutch fluid from boiling with a high mount turbo in a 30 minute race ?

:O cheers :O

PS; we raced Supras for 3 years, I have a fair idea of their limitatiions.

RB26’s won almost every touring car race in the world for 4 years. The only thing that stopped them was rule changes. Compared to JZ’s which have won ……..let me see ….…nothing.

Edited by Sydneykid

So nobody has any numbers from rb25 or 26 heads then?

If so, post them up with the details of the testing procedure. :O

I have plenty of numbers. but I am hardly going to share them so that our competition can work out why we are 2 seconds a lap faster than them.

stock numbers is what we are after.

jz's won nothing except the quickest pro rwd import in the world. Drag racing is the true test of an engines power.

GTR and supra are designed for different things. Anyway, off topic. Do you have stock flow numbers for rb25 or 26 heads? We already have numbers for 1j and 2j so only need the nissan ones now and that is why Dennis started this thread.

jz's won nothing except the quickest pro rwd import in the world. Drag racing is the true test of an engines power.

Funniest comment ill read today im sure

Dont forget...

The Driver

And the rear-end setup/suspension

And the tyres

And the transmission

Oh and also the amount of money thrown into the whole package

Drag racing is not a test of a true engines power at all. Its a test of an overall package, as with all motorsport.

He with the most developed package generally does quite well.

Funniest comment ill read today im sure

Dont forget...

The Driver

And the rear-end setup/suspension

And the tyres

And the transmission

Oh and also the amount of money thrown into the whole package

Drag racing is not a test of a true engines power at all. Its a test of an overall package, as with all motorsport.

He with the most developed package generally does quite well.

I would add;

track preparation

altitude

weather

regulations

etc

glad to see you left in the only thing that really matters, M...O...N...E...Y

In fact, why do they bother having drag races at all. They should just get all of the team owners together and weigh their wallets on the 1st January each year. The heaviest wallet wins the championship for that year. Save all the crapping around.

Edited by Sydneykid

In fact, why do they bother having drag races at all. They should just get all of the team owners together and weigh their wallets on the 1st January each year. The heaviest wallet wins the championship for that year. Save all the crapping around.

:O cheers :P

LOL, maybe i've read a funnier post... not sure... its close :O

And a rotary powered a motorhome? :O

Not that I'd put a Roytota in a Nissan , I am curioust to know if the 1JZ/2JZ were from a later era than the RB family so possibly later thinking involved ? I do know that they were supposed to be streets ahead of the 7MGE/GTE in bore and stroke and you don't have to weld the head to the block of the JZ's to get a reliable seal ...

I was once told that in the 80's and most of the 90's Nissan was run by petrol heads and Toyota by accountants and this resulted in the frog connection while Toyota was a bit more proffitable .

Its interesting to note that Toyota got into the US market with their 3L Turbocharged Supra while Nissan never did with R32/33 Skylines - don't think they were available anywhere in left hand drive ?

I think I'll stick with Nissan because they seem to go and handle as a package , Toyota seem to go out of their way to change bits just enough to make people buy genuine model specific spares . The fact that Nissan developed the GTR to win means we get the benefit of what must have been a hugely expensive development programme reasonably cheaply .

Cheers A .

lol at the defensive Nissan men!

Nissan man: JZ never wins anthing (comparing circuit cars not engines)

Toyota man: Only a 6.4 second 220mph, quarter mile pass which is fastest sport compact run ever. Got some RB data?

Nissan man: Not telling you any stock ENGINE data to as to why our CARS are faster around a circuit (assuming this can only be becuase the engines are better)

Nissan man: A 220 mile quarter mile pass means nothing of an engines power compared to the lap times of circuit cars which we use as defence for our RBs even when handling is the major benchmark of a circuit car, not engine power. lol its so funny you mentioned straight line speed when you should you should be looking at lap times to compare the power of engines. Suspention tires bla bla bla the whole package counts for the 220mph quater mile pass. In circuit racing bare engines race around a track so its a much better way to compare them.

Have you ever thought that Nissans kill the Toyotas around a circuit (where handling counts most) becuase they are a better car and that the Toyotas kill the Nissans in straight line speed becuase the engines are better? No we can't give credit where its due! We must be biased all the way!!

Cheers Dennis. Major Skyline fan AND JZ fan.

Edited by DennisRB30

Nothing defensive either way about my post.

AND:

Suspention tires bla bla bla the whole package counts for the 220mph quater mile pass. In circuit racing bare engines race around a track so its a much better way to compare them.

Not even going to begin to address just how utterly wrong this is and if anyone (RB/JZ/308) fan used it they would be the wrongest person that anyone of their friends knew :)

Adrian

Nothing defensive either way about my post.

AND:

Not even going to begin to address just how utterly wrong this is and if anyone (RB/JZ/308) fan used it they would be the wrongest person that anyone of their friends knew :)

Adrian

You have not been defensive at all. You said that a GTR is a better car than the Toyotas and I agree with you. I think its a joke to compare engines by looking at circuit times. Anyone that argues MPH at the drags is not a good indication of an engines power potential compared to circuit lap times needs to wake up.

PS, I just got some PM about fitting a JZ into a nissan. Seems there are some switched on Nissan owners out there :)

Edited by DennisRB30