SAU Community

Nsw Motorsports Excursion

Snowman

Wakefield will be about 7 hours...its 200kms south of Sydney.

And Snowie, i have faxed my form...though the way this week has been going its looking less liekly that i will be able to make it...please dont give me sh1t. I want to do it, but sadly i cant control when family members are ill :D

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i knew wakefield park was near goulburn, and guess i just assumed it was in wakefield so searched that

but searching goulburn it does say 7 hours...

does that mean leaving earlier won't be considered? or really not necessary?

Ok - our numbers have dwindled to about the size that I was originally expecting. But thats ok - it's still going to be tops. I'm getting really pumped for this if for no other reason than I'm looking forwards to driving my car in anger on a track again.

And I'm especially looking forwards to driving Wakefield again and meeting the NSW crew.

Anyways - time to start the final planning and will get those still coming's input on this.

Departure time on Tuesday morning I say should be either 5am or 6am from the Shell on the Hume. Basically these trips go faster before the sun comes up - but it will also be day light savings then so the sun will technically come up later than it is now.

But I want to be in Goulburn well before the 3pm because I want to find a pub and watch the Melbourne Cup. It has to be done. It'd be un-Victorian not to have a beer and watch it.

So I'll let the masses decide on a 5am or 6am depature. I'm personally happy with 6am as it's still for me a near 5am depature from my house.

Also - the other thing non of us have done is book accommodation in Syd. I'm keen to stay at the Cabins as they'll be just like Shep and they are a lot more socialble than a hotel. I'd say we are going to need 3 cabins given the numbers coming so if people are happy with that I can make a booking shortly.

Which just leaves the Tues depature time. 5am or 6am everyone?

im happy with cabins - book away snowy!!!

departure time, im happy either way.

id be happy with say meeting at 5, departing 5.30 or something like that - i just know (from experience of family trips to qld!) the earlier the better!!!

Neither really bothers me.

Im happy with whatever a majority decide :D

The only thing I strogly agree with is that wherever we are at 3pm on Tuesday, we need to be in a bar watching the horses.

They had stuff at Wakefield but I'm bring a doona and pillow anyways as it was no where near enough for a cold place like Goulburn.

BTW - off topic (kinda) but it turns out for Wakefield all drivers WILL need a Wakefield license (as I originally thought). It's not a big deal at $40 though.

At Wakefield there is a heater (old oil style) in each room, last time i just slept in boxers and a shirt. Turn the heater on about an hour before you go to bed :happy:

There is pillows and all that provided, but it doesnt hurt to take spares of course :D

Just tossing up some options...if there are any passengers going up, if your interested in driving my car up can you please PM me. It looks like at best i may only be able to squeeze EC in...and thats not looking all that likely

lol.. have u tried sitting in that thing? :( The seat isn't very comfortable :rofl: besides.. why can't he drive himself??
Just tossing up some options...if there are any passengers going up, if your interested in driving my car up can you please PM me. It looks like at best i may only be able to squeeze EC in...and thats not looking all that likely