SAU Community

Nsw Motorsports Excursion

Snowman

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im up in Sydney Wed thru Sat this week. So i have had to take this week off work, so im out for sure now as my bosses are geat, but not that great.

Enjoy you rotten mongrels, just means i will have to try harder at DECA :P

Finally got the car reg'd today. A massive relief after a year and a half. Might be able to call myself a real skylines driver instead of a carport racer. Goes in tomorrow for the tune. Can't wait. Could have been more excited but I am to tight ass to buy some new tyres and pads at the moment so that can wait until next year.

Not long now. Don't forget your fold up chairs. They come in very handy and are alway forgotten.

This trip is going to be chaos. Had the car tuned and it was found that cam gears were out one tooth and it only made 170rwkw with the pfc which untuned ran better than the stock ecu. I now I have 292rwkw so its going to be heaps more fun and also it will be my first track day with the 4wd working and good suspension.

Only two more days until the adventure begins peoples, f--k yeh! Beer and power. What more could you want?

Thanks Snowy. It'll the good to get back into it again. I bought a book on driving the other month (going faster) that expains how to brake, enter and accelerate out of corners and how to approach diferent lines. It makes sense but I haven't tried any of it yet. I've been doing it wrong all this time I found out thou. As for my no holding back driving style it may have to stop soon. I want some fast times finally. Maybe I'm getting old. Reading books and talking sensible. Whats going on?

Also I might have to consult the NSW thread to re-educate myself no how to tackle the pubs. From last time I was there I remember something about lining up in straight lines at the bar and middies?