SAU Community

Nsw Motorsports Excursion

Snowman

Hey all,

As most of you track guys know after Sandown on Aug 12th the only track day we have on our official calender for the rest of the year is Calder on Oct 22nd.

So to give us something to do I've been looking at a trip to NSW later in the year to do a bit of motorsport.

Now firstly let me say that trying to find the best time to do this isn't easy as weekends - especially in Oct-Nov-Dec seem to be dominated on the tracks in Syd by offical motorsport events like 6hr historic enduro's, Australian Super Bikes, National Racing Series, etc.

The only offical "sprints" that seem to be on are run by the CSCA - which is simlialr to the MSCA down here in Vic - so only members of the participating car clubs can attend.

That being said all is not lost. There seems to be a good opportunity for a week long road trip over Cup Week and if there is some interest we'll get something happening.

This is the planned Schedule.

1. Tuesday 7th November - Drive to Goulbourn/Wakefield

Accommodation - Wakefield Park Cabins - $50pp/pn - includes breakfast (2 nights)

accom.jpg

2. Wednsday - Wakefield Park

Cost - $90

Require - CAMS L2S or Wakefield Park License (Cost $40pa)

track_arial.jpg

3. Thursday - Cruise to Sydney via twisties (Brisby Route)

Accommodation - Sydney - TBA (2 nights)

4. Friday 10th November - Eastern Creek

Cost - $120

Require - CAMS L2S ($85pa for any Englishmen out there that don't know this already)

Limit: - 30 places (first in best dressed)

Please fill out the following disclaimer before coming to the event.

http://www.eastern-creek-raceway.com/pdf/I..._Disclaimer.pdf

arial_dropshadow_450.jpg

5. Saturday 11th November - Cruise Home

6. Sunday 12th November - Phillip Island with PAIRC! :(

Notes:

Wakefield is great. I really hate to admit it but I enjoyed driving it more than any track here in Vic except Phillip Island. They do their own insurance (hence the Wakefield license) but it means no CAMS required. But if you have a CAMS license no Wakefield license is required. At this stage the plan is to just go there as it's an Open Day (so 20min sessions. Last time I went on an open day I was the only car there so I did laps until my car filled up with dirt - long story). Its also a track where you pretty much can't hit anything so it's very safe. I went off on 10 of the 11 corners during my visit!

If we get enough interest however, we will hire the track out with the NSW guys and run a full timed day. If we get 30 entries in total it will be about $100pp. Either way we'll have plenty of people on hand to take times for anyone coming up.

Eastern Creek is also a non-timed day. Other than people we bring with us. If we go ahead with this I will be trying to get enough helpers to make sure we all get our laps timed however. It's a speed track similar to PI so should be fantastic. We do only have limited spots however as it is supposed to be a day for testing of full race cars only. Will be a good chance to compare times to race trim cars against our own however.

QLD Thread

Any interested parties please post up your interest in here:

Syd Trippers:

Drivers Vic

Snowman (R34 GTR)

Aaron (R34 GTR)

John (R33 GTR)

Scotsman (R33 GTR)

Jack (R33 GTR)

Gareth (R32 GTR)

Nige (R32 GTR)

Brisby (R32 GTST)

Alan (EVO VII)

James (EVO VIII MR)

Drivers QLD

Bunta (R32 GTST) - Wakefield only.

Groupies

Bec

Paul and Sarah

Scott

Anna (QLD)

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome - road trip!!!

Ive been getting sick of looking at Sandown, Calder and Winton.

Sounds like a blast - Im in for spectating/moral support :O

Hi VIC guys...

Wakie is awesome! Great for first timers like myself (well last I went)

Huntley is good too. Just dont ver off to the left when you're going up. :O

This sounds great!

Do we have any idea on transport costs? I got a quote from TNT to book a whole truck; at a "dicounted" price, it was still going to cost over $350 each way, not willing to spend over $700 to just transport the car. :)

I'm in. i wont be competing cos well, im a chook but will certainly come along for the ride and be moral support and party liaison. ill just book in annual leave

Jack! any contacts for towing our cars up there.

Sorry Ray, no 'mates' that do this..

Best bet would be to get the TNT race transporter which fits 6 cars, not sure on exact pricing but if you want your car to get there in 1 piece without front bars being damaged, this is the go..

People, jsut drive. I have riven to Sydney on a Sunday arvo, worked Mon & Tues, then drove homeTuesday arvo. Its not that bad a drive, and sure to be better and safer if there are a few cars looking out for one another...hell i drove from Sydney to Shepparton on a Friday night when i wasnt even driving....so in closing. Its not too bad a drive!

People, jsut drive. I have riven to Sydney on a Sunday arvo, worked Mon & Tues, then drove homeTuesday arvo. Its not that bad a drive, and sure to be better and safer if there are a few cars looking out for one another...hell i drove from Sydney to Shepparton on a Friday night when i wasnt even driving....so in closing. Its not too bad a drive!

I agree. Its not that bad. For most cars i doubt fuel would be as bad as Ash suggested. It been a while since i drove up but i think i was doing Melbourne to Sydney in 2 tanks.

Im interested, but it will depend on if i can afford it at the time.

I wouldn't mind driving, but my car is not resgistered so i need to tow plus ill need to hire a trailer....better off getting it transported.

ill be there some how.

Guys,

I will be looking into transport costs. I know last time with the trailer and fuel it was about $600. But at the same time there were 3 of us in the car and we seem to have a big interest from people already that just want to come up for the trip and don't necessarily need to bring their cars.

I don't mind towing the car up again as the drive was easy and it may be that if we car pool a few people to share the costs it may be cheaper and easiler to do things this way.

But we also have a new club sponsor in Bechtrans Logistics that may be able to help us out with a transport deal. I'll be contacting them once I have a better idea on exactly how many cars we are looking at. But we still need to factor into this that we'll still need to get upto Syd and back on top of the transport costs.