SAU Community

Nsw Motorsports Excursion

Snowman

Would love to do the hill climb, but more then anything can only really afford the track days. I just want see the improvements i can after the mods i did just before leaving Sydney.

And what ever happened to if its not a timed Supresprint its not worth going? The ARDC days are the best $120 you can spend, the place is a ghost town and you can go out and just punch out laps.

Ppl should perhaps speak to UAS and see if he can do a bunch of ppl a good price on an AiM Lap Timer, best money i ever spent on my car. How do i know i can do a 1:24 at Sandown, because the lap where i spun chasing Snowman, the data tells me i was already 0.7seconds quicker to turn 4 then my previous best...so there was a 1:24 there, only i spun :D. But its good to be able to look back and see how i was going up to that point, and it 3was good to chase a quicker car and see their braking/turning etc etc...only i spun :ermm: Did i mention i spun :D

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bris - Chris and I are investigating some form of timing system to work with light beams and a lap-top. A guy in QLD has one working pretty sweet apparently so we'll see what comes of that.

But one way or the other even though these are just "Open Days" we will have some timing systems for everyone available on the day.

*sigh*

There is a reason why NSW holds the mardi-gras every year.

It seems that to get onto Eastern Creek we need a PC CAMS license (formally known as the C3 license). This is not just for their open days but for their super sprints as well. They do have "Open Days" for L2S guys but I've been reliably informed that we'd kicked off for running the speeds some will be doing.

So that puts a thorn my plans.

Before we completely call an end to this however there may be a solution. It's possible we can arrange for someone to be at Wakefield on the Wed beforehand to test us for the PC license. I'll get back to everyone when I know more.

Put a hold on the above post. Trying to get some good blackmail material to win influence in circles that matter.

If you want to get a PC licence then this is what is required.

- Make an appointment with a CAMS-designated Medical Examiner and have your medical examination completed.

- Submit your application form to the Member Services Centre.

- If there are no problems with your application, you will be sent a pre-licence authority.

- Book in with your CAMS state office for the motor racing lecture (or call the Member Services Hotline 1300 653 529 to arrange to do the lecture online).

- When you pass the lecture that your pre-licence authority is signed by the course presenter.

- Complete your observed licence test (OLT). Snowie mentioned that this may be possible ont he Wed at Wakfield.

The final point is what puts a downer on it for me :nyaanyaa:

But Snowie may just work a miracle yet..stay tuned.

You can do the OLT down here in Vic, and you can get the licence next week if you like. My problem is its about the $500 to get it, then have a car that wont be allowed to run in any events requiring a PC licence :nyaanyaa:

Just to let ppl know. The PC licence is $341 annually. You must also buy the CAMS hand book so thats another $41.

Now the OLT is different things to differents schools. Some will make you sit their defensive driving coiurse, then their advanced driving course, then their motorsport course before conducting your OLT.

Peter Finaly for example do a compressed intruction that includes the OLT but it costs somewhere around $700

I think John Bowe does it down here and doesnt dictate that you have done his other courses before doing the OLT. He still charges $550 for the OLT :nyaanyaa::rofl::O

So lets see how the mornings discussion goes. Fingers crossed common sense prevails...and no more chat about Sydneysiders being gay from ppl driving cheater cars :O

If that is the case then i'm out. Not willing to spend all that money for one day at one track. :P

Great Alpine Cruise, here i come :D.

Likewise... I'm not willing to pay $340 per year for a C3 circuit license when my car isn't at the level of sports sedans, etc. where a PC / C3 license is required.. I'll stick to L2S club sprints for now :D

Yeah look to be honest I'm not willing to pay $500+ just to get a license to do a few laps around Eastern Creek either. I got the PC and the Rally license prices confused (Rally license is $140 - with your $85 L2S redeemable against it).

We've written Eastern Creek an email asking if we can get 1 or 2 sessions per cycle on the day set aside for L2S guys so we'll see what they come back with. Brisby has been to one of these days with just an L2S as he was basically the only car there. I'm hoping that if we can promise them 10-20 cars they will be willing to accommodate us.

I'll keep you all informed.

BTW - if this ends up falling through there is something else I'll be doing a few weeks later instead. It won't be for as many people - probably more the hardcore guys only - and doesn't have EC - but it will still be good.

If you guys end up making an official day at wakefield I will be in on that! I was looking at heading out there at around the time you mention so it would be fun to do it with another bunch of interstate SAUers! I will be coming from the opposite direction but! I will be driving down from Brisbane!