SAU Community

Nsw Motorsports Excursion

Snowman

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sh1t that means i may be scoring a fair few beers. Maybe i should leave the car at home and just come and sledge about how much quicker i would have been :P

i understood the days were l2s days

ive been to a few they have never asked for a c3

They have L2s/PC days, then they have just PC days. This one happens to be just PC licence holders. :D

So am I to understand that you don't have to have 'competed', or basically done anything more than I have thus far, in order to get your C3 licence, providing that you pass the observed test??

C'mooooooooon race registration!!

:yes:

Yep, just have to spend the 1k to get the licence...and of course pass the OLT. I have heard mixed reports about passing the OLT, some say its no biggy...others have made it sound as though you have to be a gun driver...though im not sure ppl werent trying to pump up their won tyres with regards to how difficult it is to pass :yes:

Yep we might all be owing Brisby a beer because he may have convinced the people at Eastern Creek to let us on with an L2S. We'll know for sure tomorrow.

I was telling GIANT ( forum name) who is in Brissy and very nice and very fast R32 GTR about this and would be up for it to. Could be a real big one. I am sure we can get magazines out to it also.

Only problem is will the ARDC care if we turn this into a 20 car shootout?

I was telling GIANT ( forum name) who is in Brissy and very nice and very fast R32 GTR about this and would be up for it to. Could be a real big one. I am sure we can get magazines out to it also.

Christ...too many quick GTRs that have been to Wakefield and EC before. How is the little GTST ever going to compete, we cant have GTRs actually being the quickest Nissans in every state!!!

I was going to speak to Russ once everything was sorted as he knows a few of us from the Dutton last year obviously.

Also John - have already lined up Ignition DVD to come to the event. We know Andrew from Ignition and he's keen to set it up. He'll be bringing his 200sx and maybe some other "fast" cars along too.

Ok - it's back on. Eastern Creek have agreed to give us 30 places for L2S guys for the day. This will be done through SAU so if you want in you'll have to let me know to reserve you spot in the 30 places.

Big thanks to Bris go out for his outstanding negotiating skills in getting this arranged.

I'll update the first post in this thread with all the details for the events being covered on this trip.

Now that we have all the tracks sorted the plan is for a cruise up on Tuesday - do Wakefield on Wed - do Brisby's special Woolongong cruise on Thursday through the hills - Eastern Creek on Friday and then head home on Saturday.

Currently the plan is to spend Tues / Wed nights at Wakefield and then Thurs/Friday nights in Syd. We are still sorting the accommodation details for Sydney. But as I said I'll post up everything you'll need to know in the original post.

Yeh its on the way from Wakefield to Sydney...kind of. Stop at Stanwell Park for a bbq and swim, then drive up the new coast road and through the National Park to outskirts of Sydney southern suburbs. Should be fun >_<

image002578.jpg

CD210812.JPG

Guys, for wakefield accomodation check with "the sheep station" or something like that, they are next door to wakefield, and have great rates for rooms

Also that bridge (called Sea Cliff Bridge, a part of the Lawrence Hargrave Drive) is at the end of the "nasho" run - a popular route through the national park

Better than that though (and closer to Wakefield) is MacPass, not very good when theres traffic, but a magic road, from there you just head up the highway to the sea cliff bridge and all that or just stay on the highway which takes you to Sydney >_<

Heres a pic to show you what macpass is like (best going uphill)

macpass.jpg

(ive also got a few videos of it if anyone wants them PM me your email address and ill send them)

Wouldnt we just stay at the track itself?

We did that last time, great accomodation for the price that also included a very decent breakfast

But where are the girls Ash ?

Need to go to the Golf Club, there is grass on them greens :yucky:

Wouldnt we just stay at the track itself?

We did that last time, great accomodation for the price that also included a very decent breakfast

I was planning on staying at the track (if you read my first post as I said too).

Mostly because it is nice - it's obvuously close - and the cars will all be safe.

Yeah for the last trackday i organised the accomodation - stayed on site, VERY nice, but if you are staying 2 nights, ive been told the place next door is $50 for 2 nights, and includes bonfire etc

Just thought you guys may want to know :yucky: