SAU Community

Whos Buying A Ps3

HR32_GTS-T

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

theyre all pretty cool, xbox 360 will get better. PS3 will be the shit, and im only getting the Wii for Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and the Wii only sonic game... theyll all get awesome games.

P.S. does anyone know if there will still be the NTSC/PAL differences? i heard theyre canning it...?

Edited by SKYLVIA

sorry about this silly question since im no longer following this teenager stuff hehehe...just curious about what's the difference between 20gb and 60 gb?? i mean we're using cd to play the game right, so what's the point? does it has the same function like PC?

Edited by BiAsA

Really just for saving extra data, and some of the online games will require larger space for download. Online will be a lot more of a focus on the new systems. Also things like downloading music, smaller games, videos, trailers, previews, and other things that Sony and Microsoft are / planning on pushing through. The console is just the first step to them taking over the position of the TV and to a less extent, some of the functions of your PC (downloading movies, listening to music, chatting to friends, etc).

The majority of gamers are between the ages of 20 and 35 these days, so its not really teenage stuff. Afterall, its only a few teenagers can afford $600+ for a console. Teenagers watch big brother :wave:

sorry about this silly question since im no longer following this teenager stuff hehehe...just curious about what's the difference between 20gb and 60 gb?? i mean we're using cd to play the game right, so what's the point? does it has the same function like PC?

Heres the system specs at WiKi, scoll down a bit to see what the Basic and Premium packs have

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_3

and SKYLVIA, all PS3's will be region free so all games and all consoles will be compatible off the production line. Also PS2 backwards compatibility.

The true capability of the larger HD becomes apparant post warranty period. :P

There will be no standard ps2 memory card slot on the ps3, so guess what.. while the games may be compatible, you'd be starting again.

Unless they (or others) of course released an external ps2 card reader, quite probable - but more cost.

I've never understood this backward compatibility quest anyhow, about 90% of owners will own an old ps2 (which would be worth nothing to sell to get any money back), so I can't see any real advantage of using the ps3 to play your old games. It might upsample the graphics as best it can to hdtv, but the effect can't be too great.

^^ if you enjoy a classic, you can still play it without worrying that your ps1 might shit itself. the memory card thing is a bitch. it was the same for the ps1. but for all those people who enjoy ps1/2 games, theyll still be able to play them on the ps3. theyll just have to start again :

Edited by SKYLVIA

Couldnt agree with u more.

Xbox's are gay. :laugh:

:O

I'm prob gonna put down a deposit this week sometime on my PS3 @ EB Games.

Spoke to the guy at the counter and he "yes we will upgrade it to a packadge when we know what will be available"

That was when i asked if it will be bundled with anything.

Im more looking forward to the Nintendo Wii. Just seems like they have put alot more thought into the games with the new motion control. Its also going to be fairly cheap.

I wouldnt mind a ps3 but its going to cost way too much, $1000 for the system, and the games are going to be priced above $100.

Its hard to say at. 80-90% likely it wont happen at this stage , but in the future who knows .

sony are under tremendous pressure from game companies to incorporate something like this due to the massive losses they are taking from 2nd hand games . they are also under pressure from movie and music companies to incorporate some sort of protection into their respective media's. And dont forgot sonys numerous audio cd copyprotection/spyware fiascos . they have a track history of liking this sort of thing even if its obviously a very stupid idea.

every ps3 owner will be f**ked off about it and end up selling there ps3 as the only way to play a game is to pay 100+ for it...

paying for your games? who would have thought!

But it's a difficult one to enforce in people's minds.. when you buy something it is "yours", and you can choose to sell it to somebody else later on. It would be like buying a tshirt, or car, and then later on being told "no sorry you can't sell it, that would cost us money"

But as Arkon is saying, I am sure there are plenty of other things they are considering - in the end-goal of making as much money as possible. That's sony for you. They make stupid mistakes, but surely not that stupid..

surely? That is at least the beauty of having 3 main players at the moment, it stops Sony from going ahead and doing stupid things such as that. Imagine if there was only Sony in the market. They'd be able to do that sort of thing and people would have no alternative.

All my mates rushed out and got Xbox 360s, i looked at the graphics on the games on a HD TV and honestly I think its a bit crud... My $340 Nvidia 6800GS 512MB graphics card in my pc makes the Xbox 360's graphics look like utter crap. ( oblivion on a PC looks FAR... better!!)

I will be getting a PS3 no matter what the cost beause honestly... I think its a leap in graphics technology unlike the 360.. The 360 is not a giant leap in graphics at all its a MCE2005 extender thats about it.