SAU Community

Whos Buying A Ps3

HR32_GTS-T

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont really want to say how much exactly. But retail is 62,000yen. Those were all gone within hours of going on sale. For the next week many stores had some and were marking them up as high as 140,000 yen. I didn't pay anywhere near that much, but I doubt any of the 'cheap' ones will be left. Better to wait a month or so until there is more stock and you can buy at retail price again. :( Bear in mind postage will be around $150 as they are farkin heavy.

nope, you chose language during initial set-up. Once you've chosen english all menus are in english, and any game you put in will default to english sound and menus. so all my japanese games still play in english. Plus as games are region free you can play Aussie games on it too.

nope, you chose language during initial set-up. Once you've chosen english all menus are in english, and any game you put in will default to english sound and menus. so all my japanese games still play in english. Plus as games are region free you can play Aussie games on it too.

good stuff.

based on the prices there, you think I could get a 60g to Aus for under a grand?

So what's the deal with the HDD's? What type are they? Say if they’re SATA2 for example could I buy a 300GB SATA2 drive myself to install? Or are they some stupid sony one where you have to buy another overpriced sony HDD to upgrade it?

Have absolutely no idea, but guessing it will be overpriced sony one.

Does it have the same function as the xbox where you can hire games and wack them on the HDD?

yeah, they've already been pulling apart the unit.. doesn't have to be sony drive.

Does it have the same function as the xbox where you can hire games and wack them on the HDD?

rofl.. that's not a *legal* function.. to be honest, people should at least buy a few games to support those that spend all the money to give you something to play with.

haha, dont think I'll be going into the PS3 retailing business. I just spent a few hours playing Resistance and Ridge Racer on-line and I have to say it's awesome. This is the console to buy fellas.

as Genor8r already discovered it's just a regular notebook type HD so atm, I dont know what the biggest available is, but I'm guessing not much more than 150GB. It's not a huge deal though. 60GB will keep me going a fair while.

I've been playing online with the PS network, and connecting with my wireless network at home which is hooked up to 1.5M ADSL. Lag is non-existant so far, and the game play is awesome. I've been racing in RR7 with up to 8 players no problem, and 16 players in Resistance. It surprised me a bit as I thought my connection may be a bit lame by todays standard, but it's holding up fine. :P

Nismo, if/when there is retail priced stock back in japan at 62Kyen, then it's possible you could get one here for ~ $1K AUD. problem is the box is quite heavy. Near 10kgs so postage would be around $150. plus you need someone to buy it, and post it for you and not many people will do that for free. :P

I will probably buy another one when I'm back there in January.

GTG, need to play some more :D

I've been playing online with the PS network, and connecting with my wireless network at home which is hooked up to 1.5M ADSL. Lag is non-existant so far, and the game play is awesome. I've been racing in RR7 with up to 8 players no problem, and 16 players in Resistance. It surprised me a bit as I thought my connection may be a bit lame by todays standard, but it's holding up fine

Yeah, that's just because Australia is so far behind the rest of the world when it comes to broadband speed :rofl:

Are there any power supply issues between here and Japan, or does it have a switchable 120/240v supply? or are you running it if off a different transformer?