SAU Community

Whos Buying A Ps3

HR32_GTS-T

PS3 is far from expensive when you look at what you get for the money. It's actually pretty good value. I mean it has a Blu-Ray player & they're going for $1500 - $2000 alone in Aust. I think $1000 is fine for a system which will give years of gaming & movie entertainment!

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PS3 is far from expensive when you look at what you get for the money. It's actually pretty good value. I mean it has a Blu-Ray player & they're going for $1500 - $2000 alone in Aust. I think $1000 is fine for a system which will give years of gaming & movie entertainment!

True True.. but who knows if Blue Ray will out beat HD DVD..

And I personaly agree with my customers that have all bar 1 said that its a damn expensive games system.. XBOX360 has Media center connection aswell offering everyone with a Home PC/ Media Center system the ability to hook it up.

But this is a PS3 thread so I wont go knocking it about that much .. hell they are not even out yet.

yes I think anyone that thinks HD-DVD will beat blu-ray out of the market has made a mistake. as genor8r pointed out.

PS3. 3.2ghz processor, 60gb hard drive. blue tooth wireless (including controllers, motion sensitive sixaxis controllers). 802.11 b and G wireless lan support. wired lan support. multi card readers (i found very handy). DVD player. Blu-ray player. FREE on-line play. built in power supply (no stupid arse maxi box to have hanging around). ability to run linux OS if you so choose. and of course full HD 1080p. is that enough? I think it's well worth the price. in fact I think we are getting ripped with the prices we pay for X360. dont get me wrong. the 360 is a great system too. i'm not a fan of their controllers though which is a big thing. in japan at least 360 only costs around $350 so it's not bad value over there...

I still rate the PS3 as value for money. even at $1K for 60gb.

Good points!

However..

XBOX 360 now has 1080P ( yep all you need to do is download the free patch )

The 360 is still packing 3 x 3.2GHZ cpus

The Micorsoft guys have been saying for several months now that either a HD DVD or BlueRay drive will be comming soon. ( external )

Microsoft have a little money behind them + a few games developers + the good old... ( Its extreemly easy to port from 360--> PC and from PC --> 360 )

For $99 you get a headset + 12 months gold LIVE subscription.. hell I'll keep paying for this the 360 online network is awesome. PS3 might be free but im yet to see if it is as good as the 360.

Keep in mind Im not arguing with any of you guys im just making points.

Infact Im heading off topic.

No doubt i'll get one one day.. LoL all this talk is making my want one!! HAHA!!

just had my ps3 ship today!

damn its heavy

total cost of shipping

8.2kg via ems = 12,900yen

Alpha the the xbox360 will have a HD DVD addon (this has been confirmed somewhere).

Ps3 online is free, and the download limit is 500megs unlike 360 which is only 50megs :D

I personaly only bought the ps3 for 3 reason: MGS4 and GT:5 and jap games

i have yet to see the xbox come up with any games which can match Kaido Battle or C1 Racing Battle which are on the ps2 :D

ps alpha you are just an xbox fanboy :D

yeah all good points to Alpha. I've played both, and the PS3 network play is awesome too. very easy to set-up and use, and no lag. very 'useable'. I'm not to sure on this download limit thing. I've downloaded a few things of PSN and pretty sure they would total over 500mb.

external drive doesn't do it for me though. no way would i want that. seems a bit of a waste when you already have one built in drive.

the 360 definately has some advantages though. and it's good to see they've upgraded to 1080p. it's a very good system, but in my eyes I think the PS3 is much more complete, and better engineered. also, it's whisper quiet, and even when I've been playing it for hours on 30deg sydney days it doesn't run hot at all.

glad you got your PS3 michael. :D I did mention before that package weight would be around 10kgs, and around $150 to post. which is one reason I carried mine on the plane (I also didn't want it knocked around in postage).

Ps3 online is free, and the download limit is 500megs unlike 360 which is only 50megs..

I dont understand this..

I have downloaded about 4GB worth of demos in the past 2 weeks on my 360..

Yep Im a 360 fan boy LoL

But I will sell you a PS3 when they come out!! LoL

The Software is updated all the time if you are connected online + it has the huge possitive of having the windows Media Center interface! Couldnt live without it.

I do look forward to the PS3 dropping in price however.. Going from feedback in my shop Ive found that many people are a bit upset about the price tag..

maybe i shouldve stated im waiting for decent ILLEGAL frimware. a.k.a. modchip...

Ps3 online is free, and the download limit is 500megs unlike 360 which is only 50megs..

I dont understand this..

I have downloaded about 4GB worth of demos in the past 2 weeks on my 360..

Yep Im a 360 fan boy LoL

But I will sell you a PS3 when they come out!! LoL

i got my information from some xbox360 website maybe it was wrong hehe sorry :D

watched DMC4 and Tekken 6 vids the other day, i gotta say for a $1000 system i woulda thought the graphics would be dayum... theyre abit average, seems like a half a step up from ps2... i hope they tune the GFX up before they release the games...

it's very hard to compare the graphics unless you are watching on a full HD 1080p TV. also games are still very new and I'd say none of the current titles really exploit the PS3s capability. The graphics when seen on a HD1080p TV make PS2 look like a SNES by comparison. They are a big step up from PS2 and certainly on par with X360.

when I first played one live on a 42inch Sony Bravia 1080p tv I was blown away by resistance.

well it's not going to be crap. even on a 480p standard def TV I notice a massive difference between my PS2 games, and PS3 BUT you are no where near taking advantage of it. That is one of the biggest leaps of PS3, 1080p. with a 480p TV most of that is lost. same will go for playing blu-ray discs etc and browing the net on a 480p TV is pretty lame. PS3 or not a good TV is worth having. At least a regular HD 768 TV, but if you can afford it a display with 1080p is awesome.