SAU Community

Whos Buying A Ps3

HR32_GTS-T

no problems with power. :mellow:

Been playing some more on-line. getting hooked on the on-line play. It's hard to pick between RR7 and R:FOM. They are both so much fun on-line. I also tried out the Playstation store today and downloaded F1 Championship edition. It's pretty good too.

I might be willing to grab one or two more when I am back in Japan in January. Thinking about it anyway.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if anyone is using a PS3 on-line atm (either here or wherever) and wants to race my user name is "Beaman". You can send me a race invite in RR7, or look me up and we can play resistance too.

if anyone is really that keen, dont pay $1300 + shipping for one. I could get some more in january for about $300 less than that. which is about the same as the retail price will be here when they eventually come out here.

Bad news for PS3 fans.. GT HD has been canceled (a short demo with 1 track and 10 cars will be available in Japan only via download).. and we won't see Gran Turismo 5 until at least December 2007 in Japan, which means about mid-2008..

I guess I can just wait until then before buying the system, when the console is $350 or so. Until then I'm just going to save my cash.

yes GT HD has been cancelled but they are now giving it out for free on christmas eve as a present to all GT series fans. It will be a small demo version. just 10 cars but it does have a 'drfit' event mode now :(

It's a good thing, now they can focus on GT5 instead of wasting time on GTHD. as for GTHD being japan only download, i've downloaded stuff from japan PS3 store from australia, so it's certainly possible to get it here, even if it's only touted as being japan release.

michael, are you buying one in japan? do you know if there is more available stock there yet? and where are you ordering it through?

michael, are you buying one in japan? do you know if there is more available stock there yet? and where are you ordering it through?

i bought mine from yahoo-auction, there is about 70pages of ps3 :laugh: i only pay alittle more than what they sold in the shops so im happy :wave:

I thought GT HD would be the next GT5, as GT5 will be HighDefinition anyway.

Ehhh wateva, Sony needs to get their ass cracking in making the next GT, they've delayed GT Mobile on PSP heaps too, bloody annoying.

yeah sort of. GTHD was basically the same game as GT4, but with some updates. most notably in the graphics department with the addition of 1080i HD. some changes to handling and the like too i think. and a new drift mode.

then GT5 was going to be a full ground up new addition to the GT series.

yeah, GT5 will be worth waiting for. and no doubt there will be plenty of waiting to be done. if the past is a guid to the future then GT5 will be a fair way away. but no doubt awesome when it finally is released.

im the opposite, ill be buying Wii and PS3 but ill wait on the 360 until its got some good firmware.

The Software is updated all the time if you are connected online + it has the huge possitive of having the windows Media Center interface! Couldnt live without it.

I do look forward to the PS3 dropping in price however.. Going from feedback in my shop Ive found that many people are a bit upset about the price tag..