SAU Community

Air Con Filter

chook

why would you wash the filter when you can buy a new one for under $40?? :)

the M35 ones look a lot simpler, C34 filters are fancier and enclosed in a plastic bracket, hence the hefty price of $170 for the pair. My paper is starting to look a little ragged after a few washes, might have a go at swapping some new filter paper/cloth into the brackets.

Could be a chance the M35 ones are a standard Nissan size, RCA113P (30 X 219 X 200), that are used on other models. eg a MAXIMA/PATROL/PULSAR/X trail etc ...

can someone confirm the size.

http://www.rycofilters.com.au/catalogue/pr...ma/part/RCA113P

http://www.advancedauto.com.au/pics/Cabin%...%20location.pdf

Ok, so is there any sort of trick for the series 2 to get the 2 filters out. I have removed the glovebox, metal and plastic panels behind and I am left with the bottom filter being stuck behind a panel that is attached to the dash and can't be removed without removing the dash or cutting. The top filter seems to be stuck. I can pull it out about 5mm but it won't come out any more. I figure if I can remove the top filter then I should be able to lift the bottom filter up and pull it out. Is this the right idea? Does the top filter just need a bit of gentle persuasion? This is a pic of what I am faced with..

DSC00662.jpg

I have a metal cross brace that sits in front of that plastic one. I think I might just cut the plastic one with the trusty Dremel since it doesn't look to serve any purpose. The metal one reinforces that area so, I guess it's time to start cutting..

I ended up cutting mine as well. I don't think mine have ever been replaced. Will have to invest in new ones due to the fact that even with soaking mine, they are still very blocked up.

Just had a quick look on FAST - when you bring up the part number for the filters it has the one that Chook mentioned in the first post (B7274-0V525) and it also has (27275-0V510) which matches the number on the end of both my filters. It say's that there is 2 per vehicle for the second number (0V510) but only 1 for the (0V525). I will order using the part on the end of my filter and see how I go with prices.

Edited by SSStagea

Once again Chook is right, they are a multi fit filter for about 20 different models and they need to be cut as per the pic. Last time I bought one, cost me the equivalant to $50, problem is, at todays exchange rate one would set you back about $83(!)

post-37588-1228635683_thumb.jpg

I ended up cutting mine as well. I don't think mine have ever been replaced. Will have to invest in new ones due to the fact that even with soaking mine, they are still very blocked up.

Just had a quick look on FAST - when you bring up the part number for the filters it has the one that Chook mentioned in the first post (B7274-0V525) and it also has (27275-0V510) which matches the number on the end of both my filters. It say's that there is 2 per vehicle for the second number (0V510) but only 1 for the (0V525). I will order using the part on the end of my filter and see how I go with prices.

the 0V510 is a superseeded filter, not made anymore, Nissan will give you price for the 0V525.

DSC00662.jpg

wtF is that plastic brace doing there??? I have a 2000 model series 2 and my brace is metal, and removable (screwed in with 2 screws either side). Looks identical. I'd cut that brace out all together at each end.

aircon3.jpg

hahahaha! classic :D

Yeah unfortunately filters for C34 are paper and in my case did not respond well to being soaked to clean; after 10 minutes with a toothbrush trying to get the tar out (mine were 'smokers filters') I gave up and ordered a new one of jap auctions. They fit and work fine, and look original. But white :blink:

Yeah, I have the metal bracket to but when you remove it you are greeted by the plastic bar. I cut it and got access to the filters. Will make it easy now for replacing in the future.

Thanks for the info Chook, will price them tomorrow.

Okay folks, Nissan Australia have provided me with the part number B727C-79925 this is for an R50 Pathfinder A/C pollen filter kit (2 pieces). I have physically checked it against the filter I took from my Series II and it is practically the same. They want $53.85 for the kit (2 filters) with no trade or SAU discount.

I could confuse matters by saying another dealership in the same city just 17km from the first, gave me this number MK270C-79925, didn't recognise the other part number above, didn't have any in stock and couldn't give me a price, so I won't. Most expect this from Nissan Australia.

Also, there a two types of filter available in Japan: Pollen & Smell filters (4,700 Yen) & Pollen only filters (2,100 Yen) By the looks of the one I saw at Nissan it is the latter.

What were the differences you saw between the 2 ? I have ordered this one, http://item.rakuten.co.jp/ap-murase/pc205b/ , (pic is not relevant) but in the table at the bottom it is for an R50 pathfinder as you said, but there is note next to WC34, basically saying that it is not an exact fit. So I am assuming it will require a modification.

There is also a possibility that the N15 Pulsar ones are a close match, but im not sure if the Oz model had them fitted.

Will post pics once I receive them.

Okay folks, Nissan Australia have provided me with the part number B727C-79925 this is for an R50 Pathfinder A/C pollen filter kit (2 pieces). I have physically checked it against the filter I took from my Series II and it is practically the same. They want $53.85 for the kit (2 filters) with no trade or SAU discount.

I could confuse matters by saying another dealership in the same city just 17km from the first, gave me this number MK270C-79925, didn't recognise the other part number above, didn't have any in stock and couldn't give me a price, so I won't. Most expect this from Nissan Australia.

Also, there a two types of filter available in Japan: Pollen & Smell filters (4,700 Yen) & Pollen only filters (2,100 Yen) By the looks of the one I saw at Nissan it is the latter.

Timmeh, not sure where you are in NSW, but you should have gone into Lincorp (Parramatta Nissan are part of this group) and shown your membership card for SAU-NSW - they would probably have given you a discount equivalent to the trade price or similar. I think there is also some account number you have to quote to get the SAU-NSW discount as well as show your card, but details would be in the NSW Members' section.

Ive got a series 1 '97 and have had the Glove box out like 4 times looking for these suckers and have had no luck at all :'( And i think my car was a X smokers car but not sure :S

Will take some photos of under their tomorrow and people can give me a bit of a hand..