SAU Community

street slicks

hungry6

Big tyre in Toowoomba can do a set of retreads that will be road legal but a really soft compound! Mates lx hatch ran 11.36 @119.6mph on them so this is a pretty good indicator! 60 ft times were mid 1.6's but he reckons high 1.4's/low 1.5's should be capable!?

yer, or import a set of nitto 555s

i think what he is refering to is street slicks which are a semi road tyre/slick

the azenzis from falken are a semi slick tyre i think, there are a few out there

and motox u never had a retread delaminate cause they only lasted a night on the vl anyway man :(

I have seen some really good prices for semi slicks on sites like ebay. If you ask Buster from these forums he should know where too look. To give you an example, saw a good set of semi slicks (bridgestone RE540s) with 85% tread for about $600 for the set. anyway, hope that might help :S

Guest Boxhead

i could be wrong, but i think the nittos wont be legal on the road, as they might not have been dot approved.. but correct me if im wrong anyone..

Thats right people nitto's are not dot approved, same as the mickey thompson street slicks! The retreads i was talking about were originally designed for use as a speedway tyre so i'm told & i'm sure they haven't had a failure with them! plus they are road legal so if you were a non law abiding citizen they give awesome traction at the lights!