SAU Community

Oil Change At 5000km ?

JUNR34

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't. I change at 10,000km.

But your interval depends on the oil you are using, how hard you drive your car, what kind of air filter you use and how rich your car runs.

5,000km is a safe bet for most cars but sometimes overkill for others.

Well my car is completely stock, Synthetic MOBIL 1 oil and I dont really drive it hard, so yeah if its not really necessary then Ill wait till it hits 10000km.

Dont really know the maintance of a turbo car hance this is my first one, for the lude I just change it every 10000.

My car servicing people told me that every 10,000kms is ok for my car and its a stock r34 gt-t sedan. So far it has done 7000kms so far and no issues so i think it is ok.

But I have read alot of other people mentioning 5000kms on the dot but then again I spose its up to the owner as there appears to be nothing written in stone on this.

Drew.

My GTT have nearly done 5000km since Ive first import it, dont know if I should change it soon or wait till Ive done 10000. Just wondering if the majority of you guys change your oil every 5000km?

It actually depends, try to get hold of a UOA (used oil analysis) kit which someone here mention for $40 a shot. The analysis will tell you if the oil is good to go or not.

Edited by Trex101

nissan recommends 10,000k's i'm pretty sure. but i do it at 5,000. and i have with every car i've owned except for my old commodore, which was 12 months old and i did it at the recommended intervals since it was under warranty.

I have always changed the oil and oil filter at the recommended intervals and use the best oil that I can afford.

I see this as good insurance and over the years it has paid off as every engine that I have pulled down has had minimal wear compared to what would be expected for the age.

I am currently using Motul Chrono 300v in my Skylines and after 5K it comes out cleaner and in better condition than most oils are when they go in.

I remember reading a UK thread years aga and everyone there was doing the same debate on the 5000 change...most people did do the 5000 change but they're in miles so realistically, that's every 8000/kms.

The '5' seems to be a magic figure.

..so anyway, i guess if you do every 5k, you will be damn safe, just have to figure out for yourself if it's overkill.

(I personally would go for 10k but thats me)